Lawsuit Alleges that Paula Deen Used N-Word and Had Racist Dinner Parties

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, Jun 19, 2013.

1. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Well, if it's a local company, are you surprised that it hasn't been picked up by national news coverage? They ran an article in the local paper, so some media has already covered it. The problem is that it's a local company.

Of course, the media always likes to focus on the negative, but this isn't new at all. It happens all the time, but people pay attention to it when they feel sympathetic towards the subject of that negative attention. Anyway, she already has tons of sympathizers, so it's not like all is lost with her. Give her a year or so, a new PR team, some media lessons, and she'll be ripe for a comeback.

2. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

They are a local company that sells nationally. Locally they use one name and nationally the product is sold under Paula Dean's name. They are actually quite large in scope.

3. VIETgrlTerifa

What company is it?

4. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

Locally, they market as Teay's Valley. They sell various products such as biscuit and gravies and different baking mixes.

5. VIETgrlTerifa

I did find a Dailymail article, a post from Democratic Underground, and a post on FB about it. The coverage is small, but Teay's Valley just not as nationally known as Food Network, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, and Target. I mean had one of those organizations overtly stated that they were sticking behind Paula Deen, I do think the coverage would have been bigger, as would have the public commentary than with Teay's Valley. I mean even in the Dailymail article I've read, the writer had to explain what Teay's Valley manufactures/distributes. Those other companies don't really need that sort of explanation.