Larry King Getting 8th Divorce

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ilovepaydays, Apr 14, 2010.

1. ilovepaydays

ilovepaydays Well-Known Member

Larry King Files for Divorce #8

You would think after so many divorces (plus the $$$ involved) that King wouldn't bother getting married again. But then again (and this may seem cruel), why would a woman, knowing that a man had divorced so many times, think that she would be the one he would stick with?

2. Bailey_

Bailey_ Guest

We'll said... he's the male version of Erica Cane...

3. jenny12

jenny12 Well-Known Member

Does he have a pre-nup?

4. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Larry King has lots of money, and more importantly, lots of connections to lots of important Hollywood people. And since he gets divorced fairly regularly, the wife knows she wouldn't have to put up with him for that long.

In return, he gets a nice female accessory to carry around to various functions and pretends to be a young, studly journalist instead of an annoying old sycophant.

It's the classic example of Hollywood mutualism.

Though I am interested in the details as this marriage lasted considerably longer than most would think for King--almost 13 years!--and was more long-lasting than many other Hollywood marriages.

snoopy and (deleted member) like this.
  5. StonewshMullet

StonewshMullet Well-Known Member

His wife turned 50, which is too old for Larry. He likes his women young. What a dirty old man.

BTW, I always thought of Susan Lucci has a butter face, if Larry's her male counterpart would you call him buthiseverything?

6. soxxy

soxxy Guest

7. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

As Samuel Johnson said way back in the 18th century, remarriage is the triumph of hope over experience.

8. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

What's a "butter face?"

BigB08822 and (deleted member) like this.
  9. StonewshMullet

A butter face: A girl with an exceptionally hot body but an exceptionally ugly face. Everything but-her-face is attractive.

ie Her body is smokin... but her face (butter face)

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I'm sure the alimony would be good even if there was a prenup.

Larry, call me. You too Donald Trump. :lol:

11. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

That's the same as labeling someone a BFD: Beauty from a distance.

12. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Or in the movie Clueless: "She's a Monet." Looks good from a distance.

13. backspin

backspin Active Member

Or a 50/50 girl: looks good from 50 feet away, or going by at 50 mph..... :dog:

14. missflick

missflick New Member

Or Elizabeth Taylor.

15. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:drama: "8 divorces" is just mean talk against that poor charmer Larry. Really it's just his seventh wife, negative nellies!

So, who's next for this hunky side of beef? :grope: Anyone here angling to be lucky #8?

16. StonewshMullet

Liz Taylor was considered to be one of the most beautiful people in the world. A blind person would think Larry King was ugly.

17. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Larry's guest tonight is my new crush, Pamela Anderson, so he'd better leave her alone! Better Kate Gosselin would take up with him.

18. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

Has he beaten Liz Taylor yet?

19. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

:lol:

20. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Geez, Louise, I don't think I've had 8 DATES!

21. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

he's 100 and his heart is held together with a rubber band, the hep C would kill him

genevieve and (deleted member) like this.
  22. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Once those Hollywood guys get older, they finally seem to pick the wife they want to stay with and settle down. At least, it was that way for Frank Sinatra and Cary Grant and some of the other classic stars.

23. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

He looks like Phil Spector in that picture. Scary.

24. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

Hey.... if it would get me a couple million in a divorce settlement, I'd do him. :rofl:

25. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

So I've heard Elizabeth Taylor is supposedly getting married for the umpteenth time....now Larry King is getting divorced. Hmm....have they finally run out of other people to marry and they'll end up together?

26. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Based on several news reports on the morning shows, it seems pretty clear Larry had taken up with Shawn's younger sister and Shawn with her son's baseball coach. Not to go get all serious on FSU at 8a.m., but it's really kind of sickening for anyone to have an affair with his sister-in-law. C'mon.

27. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

Do you, Lawrence King, take this women to have and hold for as long as you live?

I do. Detroit!

28. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

younger sister?!! :rofl: Yeh, Shawn was getting a little long in the tooth ... virile prowler like Larry can't be stuck with an old woman.

WTH is wrong with these people? And, I dare to ask, what does King have that would make a [40-something?] sister lose control and join her bag-of-bones 75 year-old BIL in an affair?

29. StonewshMullet

Money. :bribe:

30. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So, if they both had affairs, why did Larry purportedly pledge 5 houses to her, or whatever the rumor is?