Lance Armstrong used performance enhancing drugs? Behold our shock!

Discussion in 'Other Sports' started by Theatregirl1122, Jan 18, 2013.

1. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Well see, that's what I wanted to Oprah to ask. Is Lance's nutsack resembling an almond these days? That's the singular important question.

Well, that, and just how did Lance pass all those tests? I don't think the interview even touched on that one.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It begins - Armstrong sued for $12 million. There may be some legal loopholes that will prevent it, but it seems to me they have a case. They tried to get out of paying him bonuses due to doping, but were unable to prove it in 2005, when Armstrong testified that he had competed clean. Now that he's admitted he's been lying all along, that effectively negates his testimony, no?

3. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Hopefully it's just the first of many lawsuits.

4. Zemgirl

Zemgirl Well-Known Member

I'll be shocked if Armstrong didn't put a sizable chunk of his money in offshore accounts and in trust funds for his kids. He's way too savvy to end up with nothing.

Re the lawsuit Jenny mentioned, the language of the settlement was such that the lawsuit might be on shaky ground (see here). I'm hardly an expert in such things, though.

I did get a kick out of the super-dramatic description in the lawsuit - "By now, everyone knows that Lance Armstrong perpetuated what may well be the most outrageous, coldhearted and elaborate lie in the history of sports". There have been quite a few outrageous and elaborate doping cases and programs in the history of sports. This is a big one for sure, but the worst? I don't think I'd go that far.

5. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Yes, that does go too far. Even if we're isolating this to just doping scams in sports, East Germany's drugging system was a much more elaborate and far-reaching scandal, especially since many of the athletes themselves said they were unaware they were being juiced.

Last edited: Feb 18, 2013