Lambiel in Moscow: new pics

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Fashionista, Nov 11, 2010.

1. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

2. inthemiddle

inthemiddle Active Member

Great pictures, thank you.
  3. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

All the women in Moscow beware: There's a Swiss gent with Matinee looks roaming around, and he looks like he has no problem having a good time! Good photos.
  4. immoimeme

immoimeme having a nice day

Grrrreat photos, thanks for sharing! :)
  5. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

Love the pics!!! Thanx!!!
  6. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Great photos of Stephan. He is a cutie for sure.
    Thanks for sharing.
  7. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Gorgeous photos! :swoon:
  8. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

honey no straight man woudl be caught dead in that scarff ...sorry....
  9. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

So simple clothes, yet he looks so refined. :grope: Lovely photos, thank you for posting! :respec:
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  10. Kati

Kati Active Member

He's the rock star!!! Great pics!
  11. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

He is definitely one of the most handsome men in FS history.
  12. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Don't know about Swiss fashion, but the scarves are popular with everyone in Germany, male, female, gay, straight. . .
  13. museksk8r

museksk8r Well-Known Member

Here, here! :40beers::respec:
  14. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

all the european men (gay, straight, bi and tri) dress up pretty metrosexual. It's only the north american men that either dress like a Lysacek or trailor trash... LOL :lol:
  15. Lis

Lis Member

That goes for Denmark,Sweden too
  16. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Honey, you cannot use Canadian/Vancouver fashion standard to evaluate the rest of the world :lol:
    igniculus and (deleted member) like this.
  17. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

PML! :rofl:
  18. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Beautiful pictures, he looks happy !
  19. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

:rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol::rofl::lol:
    Ha-ha-ha! Good one. One of the reason why I don't find Northen American straight boys attractive- tailor trash and awful cologne.
  20. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

...and for Japan. Scarves are very popular with everyone- men, women, kids, teens, gays, straights, elderly, etc.
  21. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

totes babe.

As for the scarf, if that's a sign he is gay, then so is 99% of men in Europe- including my boyfriend. Its cold here at the moment!

If you think that North American men dress bad, go to Australia *shudders*
  22. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

Those awful baggy jeans, t-shirt with some silly sign and sport sneakers (oh, please leave it for your gym!) - typical North American man uniform. Hate, hate, hate it!
  23. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Fashionista, spasibo bolshoi for the eye candy! Great pics, and Stephane just gets more and more handsome. WOW!
  24. Fashionista

Fashionista New Member

You are welcome!
  25. viv

viv New Member

Yes, in Switzerland as well, also in Austria. Everyone wears them. ;)
  26. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Stephan visited St-Petersburg for 24 hours just before Christmas and gave an interview to championat.ru (partly):

Journalist: Have you ever had a chance to visit the Bolshoi theatre or the Mariinsky?

Stephan: Once I have been to the Mariinsky with Alexei Mishin. We saw "The Sleeping Beauty." I really loved it! But since then- no time. My this visit is for 24 hours only. How can I find the time to do everything...

.................................................................................

J: You mentioned that now you are working on 8 new programs. Could you tell us a little about your new programs in 2011?

S: The first one is on the music of Jamie Cullum, his version of the song "Please Don't Stop The Music." I like that version, it's so... let's say intimate. So the program, as I said earlier, will be "sexy" and a little "macho." The second program, on the contrary, is very calssical- on Tchaikovsky music, the violin concerto. .............

J: I would like to ask you about 3A. Do you keep training this jump?

S: Not often. But I managed to land it a few times.

J: We all know that you had some problems with this jump. Patrick Chan now also has similar problems. But at the same time you both can land a quad successfully. Why is it happening, what do you think?

S: Patrick has problems with 3A? Well, actually I don't really know why it is happening. I can speak only for myself. My left leg/foot is not strong enough, plus a trauma. I had many problems with my left in the past. And I can't use my right leg/foot to land 3A (laugh).

J: What do you think about Patrick?

S: I really like him as a person and a skater. But I don't understand why he gets so high scores even when he makes a lot of mistakes. Take the Skate Canada, for example. In SP and FS he had 4 falls, 4 major mistakes and still he could win. That's impressive- to win with 4 falls.

........................................................................................

J: Stephan, you speak 5 languages. Your native is French, you are fluent in German and English, how about Italian and Portuguese, you speak well too?

S: I understand Italian very well and I can speak pretty well too. But I speak Portuguese mainly with my grandmother. I never used Portuguese in FS world, only for communication with my granny. Portugal is a special country for me.

J: Do you plan to study more languages?

S: Yes, I would like to. My dream is to study Russian and Japanese. But it looks like it will be just a dream...

J: When you were a child you probably had the same dreams as all skaters- to win. Now, when your competitive career is over, what new dreams and targets do you have?

S: I know I will never feel the same way as I felt when I won in Moscow, or in Calgary, or when I won a silver OM. But I believe the life has and will have wondeful moments for me: for example, when my nephew or a niece is born. I am sure in my life there will be the moments that give me strong emotions. Even now in professional shows I feel that adrenaline, that passion for FS. And I hope I will skate as long as ... And my target- every day to do my best and even better.

(photo, even when he is definitely tired, he never looks like the one!)
    www.championat.ru/other/_skating/article-74762.html
    RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  27. reut

reut Active Member

This interview is mostly based on the meeting St├ęphane had with his Russian fans. You can find links to the videos from that meeting here:
    http://community.livejournal.com/lambiel_ru/597698.html

The talk was in English (with some Portuguese ;)). Enjoy!
    Last edited: Jan 4, 2011
    let`s talk and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Wiery

Wiery Well-Known Member

Thank you so much for the pics and links!

He's beautiful, sans doubt, but he has a very special quality that comes through the camera and "connect" with you...kindness, character, intelligence. Wow, I'm gushing; never thought I was a Lambiel uber until now... :shuffle:
  29. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

On video he is wearing a band ring on the left ring finger. Just wondering.....:)
  30. reut

reut Active Member

He has this ring since 2008 or something like that. Journalists also wondered back then but he didn't comment. :)
  31. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

He's engaged with me, sorry:smokin: just to end the speculation
  32. REO

REO New Member

Adorable as always. I agree with Weiry. He just has a sweetness that shines out of his eyes and makes you love him. He always seems so friendly to the other skaters. Some are so aloof like they feel threatened but Stephane always seems at ease even though he has the eye of the tiger. Maybe it's confidence.
  33. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

Stephane will be in exhibitions gala in Euros in Bern.:summer:
  34. luCN

luCN New Member

actually I feel a bit unconfortable about the interview...the question about 2006 Skate Canada and the triple Axel sound unrespectful IMO...any way,maybe just for me...
  35. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:summer:
  36. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

I live in a much less metro area of Canada (maybe even redneck ;) )and there's lots of scarves like that on many straight men...

Thanks for the pictures!
  37. SmallFairy

SmallFairy Well-Known Member

and Norway....so now we've covered most of Europe, and some of Asia.... North America bugger off :D

Stephane looks soooooo gorgeous and relaxed, love him!! thanks for the pics!