Lady Gaga's New Single "Judas" - now with video!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by MikiAndoFan#1, Apr 16, 2011.

1. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

2. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

gaga mo-nah-ta-nus da da
    genevieve, Rex, PeterG and 7 others like this.
  3. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Domo arigato, Gaga Roboto
  4. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

Kind of irritating at first, but it gets better. It'll probably grow on me later like "Born This Way" did.

She's changed a lot from her first album, and rightly so, but man, I still miss her earlier singles.
  5. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

It's kind of pathetic how she's trying to cash in on the CCM market...
    Rex, UMBS Go Blue, LadyNit and 3 others like this.
  6. MR-FAN

MR-FAN Kostner Softie

Kinda reminds me of Bad Romance.

I really didn't dig Born this way, so this is a step up for me
  7. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

I must be high, because I'm literally :rofl: at this thread.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

One trick pony.
  9. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

It grew on me a little but the verses are more spoken than anything so you can't sing along and get into the song. The hook is quite good but it is really really similar to Bad Romance. I think they were trying to replicate that sound and they did so a little too well. You can sing Bad Romance over parts of this song very easily.
  10. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Sounds like a bad Dance Dance Revolution song.
  11. BigB08822

12. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

I listened to it 5 times, thought it was pretty awful, then listened to it 5 more times. :saint:

:lol: WTH? Is she a Transformer?
  13. BigB08822

LOL at her being a transformer. I guess we are supposed to want to ride her? Her album is going to take us for a ride? I thought she would be a unicorn. I am so completely thrown off by her being a motorcycle...that came from nowhere.
  14. Southpaw

The problem's plain to see. Too much technology. Machines to save our lives. Machines dehumanize.

She's Kilroy. Kilroy. Kilroy.
  15. BigB08822

She should have been a Peep.
  16. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

I don't know whether to claw my ears off my head, or listen to it again and again. IT certainly sticks in your skull
  17. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

OMG! :rofl: If you hadn't told me that was the actual album cover, I would have thought it was fan art.
  18. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

19. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

:rofl:
  20. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

21. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Looks like something Tyra would have her wannabes do.
  22. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

23. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

As soon as I saw the song title on ITunes, I thought...

She knows it's almost Easter, check.
    She knows there's nothing better than pissing off religious people for getting press, check.
    And she knows that Madonna doubled her sales of "Like a Prayer" with the yucky video with the stigmata, and the more religious people howled, the more she sold.

Just another day in the music business. :rolleyes:
  24. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

I think the only thing she can do now to surprise people is take off the makeup, put on a normal outfit, sit at the piano, and sing without tricks.

I heard this 'song' yesterday on the radio and thought it sucked.
  25. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

To me Miss Gaga is just a hypocrite/psychotic self-marketing-machine, vastly, vastly overrated and musically waayyy beyond ordinary/mediocre. Too bad there are still so many simpletons all over the world who actually buy her cheap crap. :blah:

If you're looking for real talented female singer/songwriters - take a trip to UK ... :shuffle:
  26. Kaffeine

Kaffeine Well-Known Member

Like Florence and the Machine :respec::respec:
    musicgurl and (deleted member) like this.
  27. PRlady

PRlady aspiring tri-national

I'd object to this Brit chauvism except that I'm listening to Adele's new CD all the time. :shuffle: And Lady Gaga is not typical of American singers although I admit, if you're looking for almost every nasty stereotype, there it is.
  28. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

29. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

You know, that was my exact same thought. Adele has not left my ears for the last 4 weeks. '21' is so incredible.

I don't mind Lady Gaga, and some her stuff is catchy enough to be good at the clubs. I think Judas is an okay song. Can't wait to see the video, though.
  30. BigB08822

I can't blame Gaga. Adele is very lucky to be so successful based on her talent alone and not on gimmicks, looks, sex scandals, racy lyrics, etc. etc. Gaga did what she had to do to become famous and she has been very open about wanting the Fame. Her album was called The Fame Monster for goodness sake. She is a very very smart business woman. Her songs were very catchy but I think now she seems to be trying too hard but she is still selling tons and radio is eating it up. So what if we don't think the music is the best...it is selling as if it is. I can't wait to hear Government Hooker. The bit that got played in a fashion show sounded amazing and like pure pop goodness.
  31. Southpaw

I live under a rock. I pretty much dropped out of music post-Nirvana. Doesn't bother me, I never feel like I'm missing out on anything.

I had no idea who Adele is. So I BoobTubed her. Oh yeah, nice voice. Very nice voice. Nice to see someone relying on their natural gift and creating art rather than "smart businesswoman" tricks and gimmicks. She has soul. She seems partial to relationship songs. Would like to hear more than relationship songs, though.

Then I notice a video for Amy MacDonald on the side. So I play it.

Ho. Ly. Crap. This chick is amazing. I'm hearing.....songwriting. She's actually making me think. :eek:

Am I the only one who had never heard of Amy MacDonald? :shuffle:
  32. BigB08822

No idea who Amy McDonald is (at least not right off). I will go look her up though.

Here is the song I really can't wait to hear in full. This was remixed and used at a fashion show recently. I have no idea how much the song was messed with being that it is a remix but I love what we get to hear of it. The melody seems fun and really poppy. I hope the album version does not disappoint and that I didn't ruin it by listening to this first.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAyD8_bQr0g
  33. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

This performance of Adele's took my breath away. Just her voice and a piano... :swoon: it's better than the album version. How often does that happen nowadays?! This video is gorgeous, her voice is gorgeous, she is gorgeous. Gaga who?
  34. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Well for every Adele there are also 10 Spice Girls wannabes :p
  35. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Yes, but at least there's an Adele... :shuffle: In the States, Lady Crap-a is the best there is... :yikes:

ETA: Southpaw, you're right, Amy MacDonald is fab too. I love This Is The Life. She's a bit more folksy than straight pop though.
  36. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I like a lot of Gaga songs, but Born This Way is not my gay anthem, and this Judas song sounds like it was written for some Disney starlet's big Adult Moment. Sigh.

I have to agree with some fans - forget Madonna, Lady Gaga is ripping off Peaches, who is far more outrageous and talented, and hopefully will never see the level of mass popularity miss gaga does.
    NinjaTurtles likes this.
  37. cailuj365

cailuj365 New Member

LOOOOVE that version. However, my favorite is the one she did on Live at Letterman. *sigh*

Gaga isn't perfect, and I am in awe of her business and marketing sense. Even if she's had some misfires lately, I am glad she supports causes that I strongly believe in, and she does have huge influence, especially in the younger generation. Look at how Glee freaking worships Gaga for example. And I still listen to her older stuff all the time. I even use her dance routines as exercise. And now she has had so much success that it doesn't matter if a few songs aren't as good as what she produced before, because she's hit that level where she could release a track of her farting, call it an emission of natural expression, and have it make headlines and be played on every major radio station the next day. I mean, she could even use a bad photoshop image of her body fused to a motorcycle with crazy eyes and hair as her album cover and still...oh wait. ;) Eh, whatever, it's fine. She can make her money however she wants to. However, I don't really look up to her as much as I used to. I used to rave about her to people who didn't know who she was and was seriously considering paying a lot of money that I didn't necessarily have to go see her in concert. I know she does a great, great show but now the urge to go see her live isn't as strong. I know I'd dance a lot and sing along and have fun, but my god, I'd probably roll my eyes out of my head with every gimmicky speech she makes...even if I agree with them!
  38. Zokko!

Zokko! Comansnala?

No chauvinism. Just a music lover. And not even British ... ;) :slinkaway
  39. Southpaw

Not to hijack the thread with Amy MacDonald :shuffle: but I'm LOVING this song and video.

Poison Prince
  40. mila19

mila19 New Member

As a contribution to hijacking the thread, Gwyneth Paltrow will sing Adele's "Turning tables" on Glee. Yay, not!