1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lady Gaga Egged

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by orbitz, Jul 15, 2011.

1. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Australian fans threw eggs at Lady Gaga during her concert when she appeared in a mermaid outfit and used the wheelchair to move around.

Um...lighten up Australians. Gaga used a wheel chair to move around on stage, because here legs were bounded by the mermaid costume. Bette Middler did something similar in her concerts years ago.

2. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

Sorry to hear it: She strikes me as a kind person.

3. skaternum

skaternum Grooving!

So in other words, Lady Gaga has stopped stealing from Madonna and is now stealing from Bette Midler. Every time I hear someone tell me how unique LG is, I just laugh.

4. MacMadame

MacMadame Cat Lady-in-Training

Because Gaga hasn't had an original thought in her head in her life... ;)

5. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

It's funny, when I heard about her mermaid costume on the radio the other day, I thought of Bette Midler as well. Bette was actually able to hop quite a bit with it.

6. FigureSpins

FigureSpins New Member

If she really wanted to be original, she would have come out on a food service cart/platter driven by a dancing waiter, lol

7. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

Oh good, the opportunity I needed to post this version of Born This Way, which is so much better. (It's a capella and she does a great job.)

8. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

I keep reading this as Lady Gaga Engaged.

gkelly and (deleted member) like this.
  9. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

I want to see what costumes she would come up with if she performed as a figure skater (maybe she already has???) I root for her because she roots for the underdog. I just remember in Madonna in "Truth or Dare" when she told the make up artist that she used to "beat up girls like you." I'm not sure what the like you meant--the woman was heavy and a little too eager to please in my book but then again she was probably making good money. I respected Madonna but never liked her. Gaga's music doesn't thrill but I like the person.

10. dbell1

dbell1 Well-Known Member

Eh, the eggs probably tossed themselves after seeing her dressed in one at that award show. Wonder if they also had bacon to toss? :p

11. PrincessLeppard

PrincessLeppard Holding Alex Johnson's Pineapple

When I chaperoned Pride Prom, the dance floor was PACKED. No kids in the hallway, in the food room..... everyone on the dance floor. I, like cachoo, admire her for showing respect to everyone.

Also, Born the Way is an awesome dance song. I was out there with them. :encore:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Angelskates

Angelskates Well-Known Member

I don't think she was egged during the concert - no one takes eggs to concerts...but I can understand why some would find her actions offensive. :rolleyes: at the OP's "lighten up Australians" comment; the article mentions an American organisation (working with those in wheelchairs) also taking offense.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Lainerb

Lainerb New Member

Almost two months since her last album dropped and I haven't seen a thread on it yet. So, what do people think of it? After selling over a million copies the first week the album has certainly tanked in the weeks following. Is Gaga's reign over or will sales rebound with a new single(though I can't think of which track it would be)?Digital downloads certainly have impacted album sales in general. I mean I don't see the need to buy the album when I can youtube the songs to see which ones I like and then download them for my ipod.

Also, I guess Cher is recording a Gaga song for her upcoming album as well.

14. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Yes, sales of the album have stalled at five million worldwide, 1.5 million copies in the US, and she's already had almost two months since the album has been released. Food stamps are certainly in order. AND the album was only had three single releases this year, and they have all only managed to squeak into the top 10 of the singles chart. CATASTROPHE, I TELL YOU!!!!

:drama:

rfisher, Eden, jamesy and 3 others like this.
  15. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

Gaga is selling very well. Album sales aren't what they used to be. Britney Spears, for example, has only sold 600,000 copies since her album came out a few months ago. This would have been a complete travesty a few years ago but today that is to be expected, even with a few hit singles and a name as widely known as hers plus a nice selling tour.

16. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

The stories of Madonna's (mis)treatment of fans are legion, but she's probably settled down with age .. and Kabbalah

17. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Kabbalah Lite, you mean. ;)

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  18. olympic

Yeah. I always got the vibe from that woman that she only did things w/ an eye to how much publicity they would generate for her.

19. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

Not to mention vaudeville and burlesque.

20. PeterG

PeterG Well-Known Member

Luckily, Madonna and Bette Midler never borrowed from performers before them.

Cyn and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Bev Johnston

Bev Johnston Well-Known Member

The wheelchair is such a boring and utilitarian prop. Was it at least bedazzled?

22. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

For the record, she was in a wheelchair for a bit of her Paparazzi video as well...

23. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

I'd like to note that PeterG is being sarcastic, for anyone who didn't previously notice. :lol:

24. olympic

LOL. Madonna was constantly accused of ripping someone or something off

25. Reuven

Reuven Official FSU Alte Kacher

Midler to Gaga: Mermaid was MINE first!
    :lol:

26. MINAM

MINAM The "NICE" Admin Staff Member

Have you taken a new job as PeterG's publicist? ;)

jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  27. NinjaTurtles

NinjaTurtles Teenage Mutant

Feck me, two pages and no one has mentioned Kwan's mermaid look?

Figure skating forum my arse!

28. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Whom was Madonna accused of ripping off?

29. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Blondie, Marilyn Monroe, 50's/60's girl groups, Kate Bush....and here's a list of her copyright infringement suits to date :lol:

Honestly though, re: the gaga "issue", I went through high school during the "boy band" era where the ghastly musical acts of Jessica Simpson, J-Lo, and early Britney filled the airwaves. :saint: I wouldn't call her God's gift to music but I'd take Gaga over the aforementioned anyday :lol:

30. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa #Beckywiththebadgrades

Although you can't argue that lawsuits were filed against Madonna (and I don't deny that Madonna hasn't borrowed from other artists because most artists tend to do that), the woman who runs that website is freakin' nuts. She had a few failed lawsuits against Madonna and makes up some of the craziest arguments when she's trying to give her accusations against Madonna some credibility. I mean just look at her picture comparisons. Some of them are clearly influenced by people prior, but a lot of them were really trying too hard. Not only that, but from a glance at the site you linked, she does not really discuss the particulars of the case or what the outcomes were.

Anyway, I think the thing with Gaga is that with other artists who have borrowed or been inspired by past artists, it seems that a big chunk of Gaga's work was exclusively borrowed or was paying homage to Madonna. To me, it's a bit unprecedented for an artist with her success and fan following.