Lady Gaga/Beyonce - New Telephone Video - NSFW!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by ebayj, Mar 13, 2010.

1. ebayj

ebayj New Member

Wow. This is something.

http://www.ladygaga.com/telephone/

Enjoy. Or be horrified. Or both. But I think it is pretty wild. It's over four million views on YouTube in less than two days.

2. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

:lol: I couldn't get past a minute or so. Boring to the max.

3. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I might be interested if they employed Emerson, Lake & Palmer.

ebayj and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

terribly boring song but an amusing video :p

5. bobalina77

bobalina77 Duck Hunter

I had to think what NSFW meant.. thank goodness I figured it out before I clicked the link as I happen to be at work. I'll have to check it out when I get home :lol:

6. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I love when the guard says "I told you she didn't have a dick." LMAO So many rumors have gone around about her and she has done nothing to silence them. I found that hilarious. I also liked how they used the Pussy Wagon from Kill Bill. Not sure why but it looks like the same one to me.

I do find it interesting that she decided to go all out on a video for this song. Other than having the star power of Beyonce added to it, the song is NOT special. It is probably her least creative single to date and could have been done by any number of other artists. I wish she had saved a big budget video for a song more worthy of the time and money.

7. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I didn't like it. Gaga's trying too hard. Girl on girl kissing? Big Yawn. She likes to do these group dancing choreography with her in the front middle, but the choreography for those sequences often looks so antiquated. Was there even anything remotely memorable about this song? What the heck was Beyonce thinking doing this.

The two butch prison guards were, um...., interesting. Why would anyone want to be photographed like that.

8. muffinplus

muffinplus New Member

Of course you just knew Gaga was going to have a lesbian makeout session in the video. :rolleyes: ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

9. mmscfdcsu

It looks like it is designed to reach the 12-15 year old market

10. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

wow, interesting video lol. surprised beyonce did it. entertaining though, and I like the song *shrug*

11. hydro

hydro Well-Known Member

So it's just Kill Bill? An amusing reference that I doubt a lot of her fans will get.

The song is already a huge hit on the circuit. It's played at least 3-4 times a night at the clubs.

12. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

AFAIK the only thing that is "kill bill" in the video is the truck.

13. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

Not sure about that, 12 and 15 yos in this house are so over Lady Gaga. They were bored with her by the time she starting whining about bad romances ;) I don't think that's her audience for some reason.

14. mmscfdcsu

Then who? That is so campy and pretentious at the same time. I can't imagine another audience for it, from a developmental standpoint. :confused:

15. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

::raises hand slowly::

hi, my name is MLP and I love Lady Gaga's CDs

16. marbri

marbri Hey, Kool-Aid!

You just have to read FSU to see her audience is older than 12-15.

17. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Yup. Crap video. And I :rolleyes: at her whole persona thing, which is a load of manufactured swill. But

:raises hand, too.:

PML! Somehow I think Gaga would be aghast to find an old broad like me nodding my head like yeah to her tunes while I drive.

18. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I totally fecking love this video :rofl: I like the song too, but the complete batshitness of the video, combined with awesome dancing, made me immediately watch it again once it had stopped.

And Beyonce looks awesome with that Bettie Page hairdo.

19. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Best video since Thriller.

20. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I also appreciate the random MJ tribute move thrown in there :lol:

21. ebayj

ebayj New Member

I love that FSUers have a point of view.

For what little it may be worth, Gaga has a massive club kid (up to like age 30 age band) and gay following out here on the West Coast.

:respec:my little pony!

And Prancer, she would probably completely dig that you rock out to her stuff. She is nothing but appreciative toward her fans, and was just as much so when she was a nobody playing in dive clubs in New York City when she was 18.

22. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

The entire thing has shades of Tarantino in it, from the femme fatales to the casual violence to the overall cheese. And yes, Tarantino offered her use of the original Pussy Wagon. :rofl:

I like it. She's completely over the top but shamelessly so in its awareness. I can get behind it. And sure, the song is stupid but boy is it CATCHY. :shuffle:

23. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

What horrible, uninispired, awful, beyond pretentious dreck. :blah:

I've now watched this awfulness three times. Might try for a fourth before I go to bed.

24. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Is that why Adam Lambert can't stop fanboying over her? :lol:

I loooove Gaga's super-catchy songs and I like that she's different. When she comes back out here again, I'll be the first to buy tickets!! However, I'm a little over her pulling meaning out of song lyrics that really just aren't there. This video looks great with all of the editing and fashion, and even the dancing was better than her normal jerky fare, but why I like this song is because it's about a chick sassing her boyfriend when she's partying at a dance club and she really just can't be bothered with him at the moment. When the prison scene started, I thought it was one of those ads that they show before the actual video. It was just an unexpected premise, and to be honest, I would probably have enjoyed a simpler, dance club video with a twist a lot more. Of course, that wouldn't be "innovative" though. :rolleyes:

Then again, I think the Bad Romance video is sooo overrated (even though the song itself is EPIC) and most people adore it, so maybe I just don't get Gaga's uber-creativity.

I laughed really hard though at the Jai Rodriguez cameo. :lol: I've had a soft spot for him since his useless role on Queer Eye.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  25. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

It's receiving nonstop airplay on 94.9 and 99.7 here in the Bay Area, in addition to "Bad Romance."

Numbers123 and I are tinkering with a new podium-worthy free dance for Worlds that will be truly contemporary. It will include the aforementioned Lady Gaga selections plus:
    B.o.b. - Nothin' On You
    Ke$ha - Tik Tok
    Taio Cruz - Break Your Heart Feat. Ludacris

We will be sure to make full use of the arena speaker systems. Volume, bass, treble: FULL BLAST. And don't even get me started on Numbers's new costume. :smokin:

agalisgv and (deleted member) like this.
  26. cailuj365

cailuj365 Well-Known Member

Of course this song is played a lot. It's #1 on the radio play right now. Anything less would have been a failure for Gaga! LOL!

27. Quintuple

Quintuple papillon d'amour

All the crazy high production value, shock poses, "star power", product placement, and trashy haaay can't make up for the wretched ADD editing. It just makes the whole thing awful.

The only thing I want outta that thing is the blue origami phone hat. I want that.

28. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Gaga's music is essentially club music. If she doesn't figure out how to go beyond this genre then her popularity will eventually be restricted back to only the club scenes. Her voice isn't bad but for now there's no soul behind it.

29. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

I saw the "world premier exclusive" on E the other night! lol

I found it interesting but uneven. Some pieces were really good, but others were so dull. Get thee to an editor stat Gaga. :p

Obviously inspired by Russ Myers, especially "Faster Pussycat, kill, kill" only no one is giving credit to the homage.

Billy Bush called it "Thelma and Louise". right......

30. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I completely agree. This kind of goes back to what I say about how I would rather she do an epic 10 minute video for another song. This song is exactly about what you said, nothing more nothing less and I think it is weird to stretch the meaning just for a video.

I adore the Bad Romance video. That is one song with a shitload of hidden meanings and she brings them all out in the video while still having them hidden. Do a google search and there is this great website all about the meaning of the song and how the video works with it. It really made me appreciate the video a lot more.