Ladies' champion at Worlds

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by neptune, Mar 11, 2011.

Who will win the ladies' event at Worlds?

Poll closed Mar 21, 2011.
  1. Miki Ando

52 vote(s)
    25.7%
  2. Mao Asada

44 vote(s)
    21.8%
  3. Yu-Na Kim

82 vote(s)
    40.6%
  4. Carolina Kostner

3 vote(s)
    1.5%
  5. Kanako Murakami

1 vote(s)
    0.5%
  6. Mary Ann Summers

5 vote(s)
    2.5%
  7. Other

15 vote(s)
    7.4%
  1. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

ha! I was actually thinking I was sad for knowing! :lol:
    Sorry, I couldn't tell ya. I've failed to stay awake thru the 4 minute routine once so far! :lol:

2. pinky166

pinky166 Well-Known Member

I agree with this. When Miki has issues, it's usually in the SP, because her 3f and 3lz-3lo can give her trouble. If she plays it safe and does 3lz-2lo and 3lo, she may not lead after the SP but she won't be in a hole and should have no issue medaling if she goes clean in the FS like she has all season. The SP is what cost her at the Olympics and Worlds last season and the GPF this season. So I don't see her bombing, because I don't think she'll push the envelope technically in the SP, as a safe but clean SP won't take her out of the running for a win or medal, but a mess of a ambitious SP very well could.

3. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

She was injured at the time.

4. NMURA

NMURA Member

She was suddenly "injured" just one week before the competition. I'm sure Asada is the one responsible. ;)

5. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

I have seen a lot of bad posts, but your willingness to use people's misery as a club to take a meaningless swipe at a skater is troubling, and troubled. Have you no shame?

6. NMURA

NMURA Member

This is not a "quake" thread. I'm talking about Kim's realistic chance of "withdrawal" and its consequences to the competitions. She has every reason to be afraid of going to Tokyo. Anything other than an "absolute" win will hurt her career (esp. endorsements). Frankly, it doesn't pay. Now she has a good "reason" to persuade her sponsors, so to speak.

7. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Clearly you're paranoid, whether she's going to show up or not. What happened to your country right now is tragic and all you think about is Yuna will make an excuse not to show up. Unbelievable.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2011
  8. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Are you trying to say she made some fake excuse to skip the event? Just prior to the 2008 4CC, she had a hip injury, couldnÂ’t step foot on the ice for a whole month before she resumed her training with only two weeks to go till the Sweden Worlds. Does it sound like to you she was faking an injury?

9. Robeye

Robeye Curiously curious

I feel like I'm speaking with a space alien. You have absolutely no idea what I'm talking about, do you? Many people have already died. Many thousands are still missing. In case the idea hasn't occurred to you, EVERY thread on Worlds is now in some way a quake thread. The fact that you would spend your time reducing the tragedy to a rhetorical weapon, nattering about with your crackpot theories while people suffer, demonstrates a lack of proportion and monomaniacal callousness that is truly disturbing. Come back with certifications for your moral and emotional compass, and a dialogue might be possible.

os168 and (deleted member) like this.
  10. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Nonsense.

11. NMURA

NMURA Member

I have all ideas about what I'm talking. Moral is one thing and the competition is another. If you're so caring about the suffered people, you'd better write to the ISU president to postpone worlds. Don't mix it, Mr Saint. Otherwise, all posters of this board have to start with "sincere condolences" talks.

I must say it's very arrogant to pick on other person's morality.

12. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

And it never stops. :rolleyes:

13. sonya

sonya New Member

yuna kim will win.......................................................

14. neptune

neptune Well-Known Member

She's this adorable farm girl from Kansas who I hear makes a really mean coconut-cream pie. :)

15. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

Lol I looked up who Summers is.

I voted for Ando. I think this is her year. I wonder how much longer she'll stay for. IIRC she said she was taking next year off, but I don't remember if she said she was going all the way to Sochi or not. I'm sure that's probably her intent but I don't know if she ever made a statement about it.

16. galaxy

galaxy Active Member

Maybe we shouldn't be so serious about what NMURA is saying. Remember before the Japanese Nationals what she was saying about Mao, she said Mao was doing it just for self-satisfaction and she didn't want to go to the Worlds, she was skating just for money and Mao was insulting figure skating and so on. Maybe she is an anti of both ladies, I don't know. Plus even if she is apparently living in Japan and has a lot of knowledge of Japanese figure skating, it just deosn't mean she is a Japanese.

17. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

Yeah, right.

18. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

I'm furious that someone would even question skaters' injuries as a convenient excuse. I guess that someone would think every injury of skaters is conspiracy, huh?

omg why would someone say things like that?

19. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Glad to see you in safety.

20. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Boy, I'd hate to be in NMURA-san's shoes.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  21. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Dornbush 2015!!!

On my perfect little planet-

Other: Alissa!!! :swoon:

Angela-Fan and (deleted member) like this.
  22. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

I want to see Rachel Flatt end up on the podium and make her haters freak out lol.

23. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

How dare you say such a thing? :(
    Why are you extremely rude to Yuna even her fans?
    As you know, all kinds of injury can happen suddenly.
    Nobody wants to be injuried on purpose.
    I got a huge shock as a Yuna fan.
    It was very offensive as a figure skating fan as well. :mad:

I wish that Yuna will win at this Worlds surely.
    It's because of you.

24. NMURA

NMURA Member

Is it "rude" to doubt sudden "injuries" on very convenient timings? Not as rude as someone waving the flag of moralist crusades. Such things actually happen when the pressure is extremely high and a loss could be very costly. In the case of 2008 4CC, Kim had to face the arch-rival with the strongest ever programs before the home crowd. At least, she doesn't need to be "injured" this time.

She won't be at worlds, anyway. I'll admire her if she has that guts. ;)

25. lowtherlore

lowtherlore New Member

What has Yu-Na done to you? Steal your boyfriend?

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  26. NMURA

NMURA Member

I'm just presenting a plausible case of Kim's sudden "withdrawal". I see Kim to be a strategic (intelligent + opportunistic) person. She has little to gain and much to lose. There could be new concerns. The judges might side with Japanese skaters by sympathetic reasons.

When Kim announced to compete at worlds after a few days after TEB, she should have thought she could win even with 3-4 errors. The whole picture has changed after that and the pressure is building enormously high.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  27. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

Just let it pass people.
    Many people are upset with recent turn of events and some are showing their fangs to completely innocent people.
    Hopefully, they will come to their senses.

28. RumbleFish

RumbleFish New Member

deleted

29. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

when miki and mao both skate clean altogether, who do you think would defeat the other? consistent Miki? or stable Mao(no under-rotations, no wrong edge)?

at japanese nationals, unstable mao was about 20 points below consistent miki, right?

30. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

So do I, but among other things, her injury cuts that out of the picture. It'll be Mao.