L O S T

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Peaches LaTour, Dec 11, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Peaches LaTour

Peaches LaTour Well-Known Member

They have started to preview the upcoming season on t.v. Get ready.....:D:D

2. BaileyCatts

BaileyCatts Well-Known Member

:cheer2: But I'm still :wuzrobbed that it will be the last season.

I almost didn't even start watching the show. When I saw the commercials for the premiere, I thought it was going to be something more along the lines of like a Stephen King type story because of some of the commercials, and I was on the fence about watching. The night it premiered I decided not to watch it, but then at the last second I thought oh just start watching and if I don't like it just flip if off. I was hooked in the first 10 seconds almost! That whole first 20 minute segment of the crash before the first commercial break came was brilliant and had me locked in, and I was sitting there going "I can't believe I almost didn't watch this show!". :lol:

3. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

OMG how many days until the premire

4. genevieve

genevieve drinky typo pbp, closet hugger Staff Member

I can't wait!!!

Just a reminder - please use spoiler tags to discuss any actual plot info leaked about the season prior to the season start - including casting.

I try to avoid spoilers, but I do know
    that Emilie de Ravin will be back. We will finally know what happened to Claire! wheee

5. BaileyCatts

I think I saw it starts February 2. Someone correct that if its wrong. :)

6. HeatherC

HeatherC Go Team SW Florida! =)

It does start on February 2nd at 9 PM. I'm such a big nerd that I have a countdown for it on my Facebook page, LOL :lol:

I cannot wait for this show to come back!! :cheer:

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  7. figurefan

figurefan New Member

Count me in as one of those who can't wait.

I am sad because it is the last season but excited about watching the puzzle come together. The producers did promise that everything from the past seasons would make sense to the viewers in the final season.

8. shallwedansu

shallwedansu New Member

9. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Casting spoilers
    many cast members from previous seasons will be back in some form, including Boone & Shannon, and Charlie ... I can only hope for Keamy too!

10. genevieve

I'm only sad that they chose to start the season right before Olympics. I will probably have to watch some episodes after the fact. I can't wait for the season to start though! wheeeeeeee

11. Peaches LaTour

Peaches LaTour Well-Known Member

I never thought about this-what poor planning by the show's producers! :(

12. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I was kind of hoping the show would go on a break during the Olympics but that wouldn't make sense because it basically starts at the same time. It would be the one time I wouldn't mind a break because I would be so caught up in the Games. I wish they would start the season in Jan, show 3-4 episodes and then do a 2-3 week break during the Olympics and finally finish the season/series straight through with no more breaks.

13. Skate Talker

Skate Talker Well-Known Member

urm - guys? Don't you think it is because the Olympics are on a competitor's network that they have chosen to put this special event - the last Lost episodes - on at the same time to improve their ratings??

14. BaileyCatts

^^ This is why I have four VCR's. :p Two will be occupied taping the Games (a 'live' tape and a backup that runs in case I screw up the 'live' tape). Still gives me two to catch my shows. :lol:

15. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Finally something I can get excited about on TV. Can't wait for it to start!!!! :cheer:

16. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

If only they'd left it on Wednesdays, at least it wouldn't be on opposite skating, but it's going to be on Tuesdays opposite the Men's sp and the Ladies' sp. I actually saw an earlier article from before the return date announcement saying that they would start in January and break for the Olympics, but someone at the network must have changed their mind. I'm sure it's not the idea of the producers.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2009
  17. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Oh pshaw - this is what pvrs are for!

18. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

If only I had more than one pvr. I usually like to both pvr and record on my one remaining working dvd recorder when Lost is on and the same with skating in case there's a problem with one recording. And I record the U.S. station as well as the Canadian one for skating competitions whenever I can - and even the french station as well when I had 3 recording devices since sometimes they would show skaters that the other networks didn't. But, yeah, too much good stuff all at once is a nice "problem" to have. I can't wait!

19. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

My Mom said she saw or heard that Naveen Andrews (Sayid) was going to be in a new TV show. I just checked imdb.com and nothing there makes it sound like this is true. I was a little concerned that something bad might happen to Sayid early in the season! :eek: :(

I was thinking that ABC wanted something that would make a dent in the Olympics ratings. The final season of Lost might just do that!

20. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I think it will hurt Lost. As shown in the past few years, Lost is one of those "I will record it on my PVR so I can watch it later and then dissect it" shows, whereas the Olympics is something you have to watch live. If you have no interest in the Olympics, you'll watch Lost. But if you have an interest in the Olympics, you'll just record Lost. I don't see this huge influx of people who have never cared for the show suddenly watch Lost because they hate the Olympics so much and there's nothing else new on television.

21. genevieve

I agree that ABC probably did it deliberately, but it won't hurt the Olys at all.

The bright(ish) side, or at least why ABC figured it was a good idea:
    - everyone knows LOST isn't coming back in the fall, so the show doesn't "need" the ratings the way other shows might. And I really don't see ABC reneging on its commitment to show the entire season, even if ratings during the Olys are crap.
    - the core audience for LOST is heavily invested in the show and will find a way to watch it, whether through TiVo or the like, or online at abc.com or Hulu. LOST will take a hit during the Olys, but of all the shows on ABC, I think this is the one more people will make a point to see later, so it still kinda makes sense.
    - ratings systems are starting to figure out that non-live viewers are valuable too. The main reason Dollhouse got a 2nd season was because the majority of their viewers were watching later (the show was then canceled this season, but previously it would not have even had that 2nd chance).

I hate that the show got moved to Tuesdays, not just because of how it plays against skating competitions. Just doesn't make sense to build several years worth of appointment programming, and for the last season to go somewhere else. The only think I can think is that they're trying to build the audience for V, and considering how poorly all ABC's programming around LOST has done on Wednesdays (RIP Invasion, Life on Mars, Eyes, etc), I can see why they'd be spooked :p

22. HeatherC

I don't think showing Lost during the two weeks of the Olympics is going to hurt them all that much. Some people may even watch Lost and record whatever they're showing for the Olympics that night to watch later. It is only for an hour of time (it's only going to happen twice during February) and sometimes the Olympics coverage goes to skiing or hockey or something before they show the skating so the fans may not even miss anything important. I may or may not all ready have that plan in mind for the night of the ladies competition, LOL :shuffle: :lol:

And mad props to ABC if teaming up Lost and V gives the latter show a solid audience so the producers/writers/actors behind that show get a real opportunity to tell their story all the way to the end. :cheer:

23. Skate Talker

Actually here in Canada the network that airs LOST is also the Olympic network so there won't be any conflict here.

24. sk8sue

sk8sue SHERLOCKED

When are they planning to show the LOST episodes? I know that CTV has often moved LOST to CKVR in southern Ontario when it conflicted with some of their other popular shows in the last couple of years.

25. Skate Talker

No idea when - will have to check the listings. There is no other station in my area to which they can "move" it so who knows - maybe a blitz after the Olympics or some late night broadcasts - whatever.

26. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Considering how low the Olympics ratings usually are, I doubt LOST has much to worry about.

27. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

tv.com has a guest cast list up for the two February 2nd debut episodes of season six. That cast includes (not sure if this is considered a spoiler):

Elizabeth Mitchell as Juliet, Emilie de Ravin as Claire, L. Scott Caldwell as Rose, Katey Sagal as Helen Norwood (John Locke's lady friend at one time), Kimberley Joseph as Cindy Chandler (was she the stewardess who got kidnapped by the Others early on and has been rarely seen since then?) and Dominic Monaghan as Charlie.

I'm wondering that since both
    V and Flash Forward won't return until April 30th and March 4th, that this might be because both Elizabeth Mitchell and Dominic Monaghan are unavailabe as they are busy filming multiple episodes of L O S T!!! :cheer2: :D :cheer:

epguides.com also has episode titles through to March 23rd:

http://epguides.com/lost/

Season 6

103. 6- 1 601 2 Feb 10 LA X (1)
    104. 6- 2 602 2 Feb 10 LA X (2)
    105. 6- 3 603 9 Feb 10 What Kate Does
    106. 6- 4 604 16 Feb 10 The Substitute
    107. 6- 5 605 23 Feb 10 Lighthouse
    108. 6- 6 606 2 Mar 10 Sundown
    109. 6- 7 607 9 Mar 10 Dr. Linus
    110. 6- 8 608 16 Mar 10 Recon
    111. 6- 9 609 23 Mar 10 Ab Aeterno

28. Bostonfan

Bostonfan Well-Known Member

Season 6

Ab Aeterno - Which translates into "From the Beginning of Time"

29. Parsley Sage

Parsley Sage Well-Known Member

I wonder if premiering on Groundhog Day is of any significance.

30. HeatherC

Oh no! The black bars of 'spoiler' death again! :eek: I wonder if I can hold out long enough and not peek at the spoilers this season, LOL :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.