Kylie is back with a "scandalous" video!

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Ziggy, Jun 12, 2010.

1. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Kylie Minogue - All The Lovers

"All The Lovers," the first single from her forthcoming "Aphrodite" album is out now.

Great idea behind the video and it looks very pretty.

It shows exactly what I've been thinking about recently. :hat1:

Shame that the song sounds like something that would place 20th at Eurovision. :scream:

Kylie is not really getting any promotion in the US anyhow, but if she did I guess most US TV stations would refuse to air this immoral video. :drama:

2. joeperryfan

joeperryfan Well-Known Member

Kylie :respec:

The song isn't her best at all, but it's still good enough dance pop, I can see it being a hit across the dance floors in Europe.

I liked the video, it's very tasteful and it doesn't give that exploitative vibe aka trying too hard to shock. Kudos to Kylie and her team for making a video that is about sex and yet doesn't have S/M, vinyl, over the top make-up, every single fetish on the face of the earth, and people who are as sexy as a boot trying to be sex symbols.

3. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Kylie looks fantastic! In light of Xtina's and Gaga's recent offerings (even Miley's) ... that was Wonder Bread tame.

Actually reminds me very much of one Melissa Etheridge had from (I think) her Yes I Am album.

4. skategal

skategal Bunny slave

Excellent. I lurve me some Kylie...even if she is wearing 'granny panties' in that video. :lol:

5. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

You're totally right, that's exactly why I like it. :)

6. uyeahu

uyeahu Agitator. Sharpie lover (figuratively speaking).

As much as Gaga tried to show her admiration for gay men with her OTT video, Kylie actually managed to show men making out and it not feel trashy or exploitive. Congrats to her for getting it right! And for showing hot guys in their underwear too. :D

7. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I think Kylie's hottest video was "Slow". Now there was some major man candies in that one :hat1:.

This new video is ok, but after a minute of groping each other, I don't think the dancers knew where else to grope, LOL. Some of them looked uncomfortable.

8. shah

shah Shhh...

oh, definitely! plus "Slow" was so intense and sensual..."All the Lovers" is quite nice, but it reminds me too much of "I Believe in You"...
    and the idea of a human pyramid is also exploited in Faithless' new video, "Not Going Home"...of course, it's not exactly the same, but the concept is very similar...

9. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

I looooooove the song!!!! :))))

ETA: And the video. Now that's an orgy at the end :rofl:

10. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Ok so I mocked the song when I first heard it but now I can't get it out of my head and I keep humming it. :p

11. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

12. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

DickButtonFan, we really need to know your opinion on this immoral video.

13. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

Well funny how it is blocked in Australia.

14. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

I am really worried about potential copycat behaviour from young people watching this.

Last thing I would like is to be walking down the street, going about my daily business, and bump into a pyramid made out of people having sex.

:mitchell:

15. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow Well-Known Member

Well if they were all gorgeous, beautiful, young people, I wouldn't mind and join. But that's very unlikely so I'm with you on that :p

16. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Aaaaand it charts at number 4 in UK on the first week.

17. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Lol I like it except the " pyramid" part.

18. Ozzisk8tr

Ozzisk8tr Well-Known Member

She is so hot. The vid is great too. I love Kylie. What's everyones' fave song of hers? Mine is just about every song off Impossible Princess.