Ksenia Makarova cheer thread!

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Katarzyna, Apr 9, 2012.

1. fan5

fan5 New Member

^Well, Ksenia could keep it but Wikipedia is showing a new choreographer for her next FS with the program to be announced.

I finally got around to watching Polina Korobeynikova's programs and as good as they were I'm sure she'll be all new this year. Her Russian Dance SP was a nice surprise since I love Swan Lake. If anyone is interested Ulyana Lopatkina of the Kirov Ballet performed the Russian Dance recently --

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mJTNaZKbaYs

2. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Ooh - looks like Averbuch will once again make a program for her. Based on his excellent work for Makarova's short program this past season, I have high expectations. :)

3. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I'm really excited about this. On the wiki-page there is a link to a little interview with Kesnia's coach and he confirms that Ilia will choreograph her LP for the upcoming sesaon:
    http://rsport.ru/figure_skating/20120426/593701494.html

And it looks like she will keep her SP. I'm really happy about it, because I loved it so much. :swoon:

4. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Now that is fantastic news. :cheer:

5. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

I cannot wait to see what Averbukh comes up with for the LP! :)

6. eurodance2001

eurodance2001 Active Member

Her SP was good.. I hope Ilia gives her a great LP and that she is able to stabilize her jumps. GO KSENIA!!!

7. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

Her jumps at Skate Canada 2010 were her best ever 3T+3T, 3F,3Lz e , 3Lo , 3S+2T+2Lo,
    3S+2T , 2A. Can't find a 2A-3T attempted. That might be something to work on.

8. PashaFan

PashaFan Well-Known Member

I'm happy that Ksenia will keep her SP. The music is fantastic & she really seems to like skating to it.
    Maybe she will change the lay-out of it.

9. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

At the very least she'll likely change the step sequence since they're changing the rule about one-footed footwork. (I can't remember specifically, but I think it is no longer going to count as a feature towards determining the level.)

10. Katarzyna

Stupid rule change - I loved her one-foot step sequences. When she was on at least on TV it looked so effortless and flowing. :swoon:
    Hope we then at least get to see something of it during her exhibition numbers. :)

11. Katarzyna

12. Katarzyna

I decided to refresh this thread, as I'd like to publish a link of Ksenia's wonderful almost clean free skate at Russian Nationals:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EIJL_WLQfa0

Unfortunately she didn’t make the team, but she finally skated really well in the free. Here is a quote from here after the free skate:

Maybe she should hire someone to make her really angry before every competition. :lol:

Looks like she is determined not to retire, but to move on. Hope she will fight back next season! :)

GO KSIUSHA! :cheer:

13. lulu

lulu New Member

Thanks for bumping up the cheer thread. I'm very happy/proud for Ksenia, it's not always about winning medals, or placing well, she had an injury and a lackluster performance in the SP and came back in the LP. Go Ksenia! :cheer:

I really enjoyed her programs this year too.

14. Lyinna

Lyinna Member

I really enjoyed them too. I'm glad she can skate her LP almost clean, and she may still be sent at Worlds, we never know.

15. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Thank you! I'm glad to have a nearly-clean copy of this beautiful program for my collection.

16. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Best wishes to Ksenia in her skating career, no matter what she decides to do.