"Kings on Ice" tour in April: Plushenko, Lambiel, Weir and S&S

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Ximena, Mar 6, 2010.

1. Jackie Sparrow

Jackie Sparrow New Member

It wasn't their idea :p I don't even know if they skate in it but they at least gotta be there, right? :D
  2. shallwedansu

shallwedansu New Member

Johnny's Bad Romance fancam

I like Poker Face a lot more. The skating here seems a bit too slow for the song.
  3. Hindernisse

Hindernisse Well-Known Member

I'm back from the Moscow show and we were robbed of Bad Romance. Johnny skated Yunona & Avos as he usually does skating in ehxibitions in Russia. I heard Ari asked skaters to use calmer music where possible to pay tribute to those killed in the tragedy in Moscow metro.

I missed the opening and half of Plushenko's Tango because I refused to go to the show hungry after work and we dropped by a Mexican place with my sister.

Johnny looks worn out, he had no speed and no energy.

Maria Mukhortova and Maxim Trankov skated their SP, Maria doubled sbs triple toe, but the throw was gourgeous. The announcer mentioned it was one of the last apperances of the pair. Maria teared up and cried :drama:

Brian skated an exhibition to his SP type of music (it's pretty famous, but I don't know the name) and managed to wake me and my sister up after hoola-hoop and other acrobats. He landed a couple of triple jumps and did a lot of his trade-mark crowd-pleasing steps.

Tatiana Voloshozhar and Stanislav Morosov skated to some lyrical piece of music. When they took the ice my sister who doesn't follow figure skating closely remarked that he doesn't look athletic at all. At the end of their performance she was like: "Those lift and throws are gorgeous".

Yuko and Alexander Smirnov did their Waltz exhibition program, by the end of which my sis went totally :swoon: over Alexander. As for me, I really liked Yuko's outfit and would like to see her wear something like that more often.

Acrobats who performed in between those acts from the "real" skaters were mostly boring to my taste.

During the intermission the organisers arranged some sort of authograph session in the foye with Johnny, Brian and Stephane which involved some :yikes: screaming from teenage fans.

The second act was opened by a joint number from Brian, Stephane, Evgeni and Johnny. My sister and I were :eek: at Johnny's decollete on the back apparently inspired by Elene Gedevanishvili's Carmen dress. Video from St. Petersburg show I enjoyed this number a lot, all four guys did a good job. And it was a unique chance to see Stephane to skate to this type of music which he probably wouldn't ever pick himself. And I must say he looked VERY convincing.

Ne me quitte pas from Stephane was by far the hightlight for us. Exquisite :swoon:

Plushenko performed "Believe" with Dima Bilan and Edvin Marton. Dima is terrible at lip-syncing. :D

There was also Alena Leonova, but her number was very forgettable.

During the finale Steph popped the first quad attempt due to flawed take-off, but landed a gorgeous one right after :respec:

Sorry for the typos! :)
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
  4. Jackie Sparrow

Ne me quitte pas and then Believe...oh my...:rofl:
    LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Hindernisse

They were not in the row. There were acrobats in between. ;)
  6. Jackie Sparrow

Fiew, the descent wasn't that steep then :p
  7. Hindernisse

And I forgot to mention: Stephane got FAR bigger roar from the crowd that Evgeny.
  8. robinhood

robinhood Active Member

I think Stephane would win the popularity contest right now, even in Russia. King of the Ice Prom
  9. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

I agree. If he's going to skate to that song, it has to be a very high-energy performance, which he wasn't able to deliver. Way too slow, mediocre choreography, and basically came off as a bad version of Poker Face.

Sigh. Johnny is making me :wall: these days.

However, I did enjoy the group performance from Stephane, Brian, Johnny, and even Evgeny. Really cute.
  10. vivika1982

vivika1982 Well-Known Member

Thank you Hindernisse for your report.I posted few videos from St.Petersburg in this thread /maybe both threads could be emerdged/
    http://www.fsuniverse.net/forum/showthread.php?t=72917
    and here are some from Khodynka in Moskow 03/31/2010 .Thanks to all videomakers.
    Opening
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gEIunujaUsU
    Stephan's Ne me quitte pas
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Ze6MYLtE88
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VRbX8GpbtYo
    Brian Joubert
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tioVe9RV_OU
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ssH0P266d-Y
    Evgeni,Johny,Stephan and Brian
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ropNi8NZ7DE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PtGCLF-0UCQ
    Johny Weir "You,ll wake me up at the sunrise"
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qh8_kL-MRVM
    Evgeni Plushenko,Dima Bilan &Edwin Marton
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nLy_U0j5l0U
    Last edited: Mar 31, 2010
    immoimeme and (deleted member) like this.
  11. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The costume Johnny wore during the group number was a gift from his Russian fans. He only wears it when he skates in the Russian shows.
  12. REO

REO New Member

Does anyone inspire love in their fans the way he does! From his tv show the stuff he gets from his Asian fans and now this from his Russians. His level of fame does not equal his medal collection. It amazes me.
  13. RockTheTassel

RockTheTassel Well-Known Member

Considering that his biggest achievement is a World bronze medal, his fame is really astounding. People in Asian countries adore him. And the amount of gifts he gets is insane. In one episode of his show, he and his mother, Patti, were going through everything he received after the NHK Trophy. Patti kept saying how shocked and slightly embarrassed she felt by it all because there was no way they could personally respond to each fan who gave him something.
  14. angietang

angietang New Member

Because he is a real angel from heaven! :)
  15. angietang

angietang New Member

I will not believe your version unless I witnessed it personally.
  16. senorita

senorita New Member

In joubert's russian one they say it was joubert with biggest applause:lol: i m sure if I visit the plush and weir forums i ll read the same!:p
    Come on guys, they are all great guys and showmen and I m sure they got the portion of applause each one, in the st peters videos you posted crowd seems excited for their individual numbers. And if they were more happy for Lambiel, Koi runs with Plush the last few years , it is normal to be excited for the skaters they dont see often. Weir has a great Russian club by the way, met them in Rostelcup.
    I haven't seen the Moscow ones but their group number while nothing special is hilarious and bring also Takahashi and Verner in there and I will have my dream group number:swoon::swoon::swoon:

So who will get the biggest applause in Bercy, Stojko?:watch:
    theshrew and (deleted member) like this.
  17. rococo

rococo New Member

according to some media, everybody hates each other :lol:
    but life suggests otherwise:
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y2gVKxQ1XX4
  18. senorita

senorita New Member

this is brian interview from this morning practice :
    It is very interesting for me to take part in this show alongside Plushenko because normally during competitions we are rivals but here in the show we are friends. This arena was a happy place for me, I gladly participated in the GP here. something like that...:rolleyes:

and in this pic they dont hate much, do they..

I like the pics on the other thread when the guys have lunch together, cute!
  19. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

:rofl:
    Deliciously eclectic on paper, but i am grateful to be spared.
    The reviews that I have read bemoan the amount of time spent on ice acrobats.
  20. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

Aaah, I just love Stephane┬┤s Ne Me Quitte Pas..... He interprets that beautiful music perfectly!
  21. Kati

Kati Active Member

Me too... And Stephane interprets almost every music perfectly! :cool:
  22. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Does anyone has any info about the shows in the Czech Rep? About the cast, tickets etc?
  23. libra

libra New Member

I witnessed it personally - it was not Plushenko's show it was Lambiel's show!!
    Steph was the only one who did encore - if he didn't the ceiling of the Palace would come down!!
    Last edited: Apr 1, 2010
  24. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

I had a co-worker who had Weir's look -- slender, wavy brown, but not dark-brown hair, a bit pretty, if not as pretty as Weir -- and wasn't remotely famous or well-dressed, and each time he went to Japan for work, he had a gaggle of young Japanese women admirers. I was pretty astonished the first time I heard about this, but apparently, his look was highly prized. A close friend who didn't look as delicate, but had the same general look, was routinely swarmed when he went to a bar in Tokyo where Japanese woman went to meet Western men, and he met his wife there.

PML!!!!
  25. angietang

angietang New Member

Oh, really? You Russians should thank Evgeni Plushenko for bringing such fantastic show to Moscow at this sad moment!! :p
  26. Jackie Sparrow

:cheer:

ITA :D

:rofl:
  27. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

FYI, this just mirrors a very famous world tour of male ballet stars, "Kings of Dance." So Kings of Dance becomes Kings of Ice. Like "Three Tenors" morphed into "Three Mo' Tenors" and "Three Irish Tenors."

It sounds fantastic. I am only wondering how Johnny Weir did the first two shows in Russia, then is doing the 'Ice Dreams' show in Chicago today, then the 3rd Kings show in Russia tomorrow? I hope that Johnny is eating his Wheaties.
    LadyNit and (deleted member) like this.
  28. senorita

senorita New Member

LOL, Libra what Plushenko has done to you??? Stood you up?? Your posts are most of the time about him. Strange for someone you dont seem to enjoy much as a skater.

Really guys are you so compepetitive in everything? You went to a show and the one thing you mention is that someone got more applause than Plushenko? That was your concern? That was the pleasure of it?
    Did anyone applause Plush in AOI or I d better not ask? I m sure they didnt notice he was there.
    The videos you posted here are really nice and it seems whatever is said the audience is loud in Plushenko as well.
    Really anything more interesting there???
  29. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I believe that Johnny's management confirmed that his two shows were his only KOI shows. He's not going back.
  30. Hindernisse

What's wrong with sharing an observation?
  31. senorita

senorita New Member

igniculus and (deleted member) like this.
  32. BittyBug

BittyBug Quadless

The skaters look like they were having so much fun. I bet it was a great show.
  33. Ajax

Ajax New Member

senorita thx so much for the pics! Love the one of Plush giving a bear hug to the other guys. :lol:
  34. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

35. libra

libra New Member

Unfortunately I didn't attend the last AOI but judging from the video the star of that show also was Lambiel. In Zurich is was only natural but in Moscow it was a surprise ! Because 9 out of 10 Russians know the only figure skater - Plushenko. The more so after OG when he was showered with Media state- inspired hysterical attention. The people who sat next to me on the show came to see Plushenko and brought him flowers. But eventually they gave those flowers to Lambiel, and looked visibly shaken
  36. deedeelocks

deedeelocks xx

tickets:
    http://www.ticketportal.cz/podujatie_search.asp?id=101016

cast afaik:
    Evgeni Plushenko
    Edvin Marton
    Savchenko/Szolkowy
    Pechalat/Bourzat
    Stephane Lambiel
    Fleur Maxwell
    Michal Brezina

for the slovak shows these ppl are planned...but I dunno if this is also the full cast for the CZE shows... (I guess so though)

Evgeni Plushenko
    Edvin Marton
    Alyona Savchenko
    Robin Szolkowy
    Stephane Lambiel
    Tatiana Volosozhar
    Stanislav Morozov
    Fleur Maxwell
    Ksenia Makarova
    Oleksiy Polishchuk
    Robert Cording
    Sergei Jakymenko
    Jason Graetz
    Dmitry Sukhanov
    Fiona Zaldua
    Denis Ten
    Fabian Bourzat
    Nathalie Pechalat
    Robert Darnyi
    Michal Brezina

I attended every single KOI in Prague so far, but I think I'll pass this time :yawn: ...for obvious reasons I guess ;)
  37. skategal

skategal Well-Known Member

I was at the Zurich show on March 4th. Plushenko got tons of applause there.

I was surprised how much actually....considering I am not much of a fan of Plushenko...:shuffle:
  38. hilllili

hilllili New Member

A friend of mine attended the AOI in Lausanne on March 8. He said the stars of that night were Lambiel and Plushenko. He is not a figure skating fan, but he was deeply impressed by Evgeni's jumps and stephane's spins that day.
    Back to the show in Moscow, were there many audience? In St.Petersbrug tickets seemd sell well but I guess the metro bomb attack tragedy might affect tickets selling in Moscow.
  39. Hindernisse

The show in Moscow was not sold out, but the arena was 80% full. However, from what I heard, the attendance was higher in Moscow.
  40. Single Axel

Single Axel New Member

Could somebody help me please - I'm trying to find out at what time starts the show in Bucharest, but even on webpages like myticket.ro there's no starting hour. Somebody any information...? Thanks in advance!