Kim Kardashian Is Pregnant

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Whitneyskates, Dec 31, 2012.

1. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

I would never say that someone is too good for someone else. But I will say that I do not think that she is for him. I would love to be wrong because he seems to be terribly smitten. But she has reputation of being flighty and opportunistic.

Rex, where are you?

2. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

:rolleyes: You KNOW he's not one to gossip.

3. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

I bet their momnager is already busy contacting rag magazines for exclusive rights to the baby's first photos. It's not bad being born into wealth though.

4. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

Er, Kanye is definitely wealthier than Kim, but Kim's net worth is supposedly something like 40 million dollars. I realize that a person can always want more, but if that's the case, I'd say she's looking for more of a profitable partnership than a meal ticket.

5. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

He's a talented artist, but that doesn't necessarily translate to wanting an equally talented partner. Kanye hasn't had exactly brainy girlfriends in the past. :p

Yup. She wants more fame, not money.

6. FiveRinger

What she seeks is celebrity.....fame + fortune....i.e. a specific kind of lifestyle. And you can't have too much of either.

7. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I see her as more famous than him, and I think HE'S the one seeking fame/wider audience.

I think she just wants them to be like Jay-Z and Beyonce. She probably envisions herself a career woman, and despairs of finding a man who will be supportive of her ambitions.

Of course you know there will be problems between Momager and Kanye.

And I can't believe I know this, but I do feel bad for Khloe who's been trying for a baby for years.

8. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

If her mother pays attention on her pregnancy - the 3D sonogram will go live on E! and the birth will be televised globally.

9. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates Well-Known Member

There was a rumor in one of those rags that Kim wanted to be best friends with Beyonce, and thought she would be since Kanye and Jay-Z are so close , but Beyonce pretty much shut that dream down.

10. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Where on earth do you get this stuff? Among other assumptions above, I don't think I've ever started a thread about a celebrity on FSU, and certainly not one that doesn't interest me; the only celebrities I follow on Facebook are Jamie Oliver and Jann Arden, and I do not tweet.

Just because you and some others would never have heard about this without FSU doesn't mean it's not out there - as others have noted, they've seen it on multiple mainstream news sources, whether they sought it out, or whether it was just around them as they go about their business on the internet, at the grocery store, flipping by news channels, or even, as I mentioned in another thread, in a elevator.

Southpaw and (deleted member) like this.
  11. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Sorry to hear about coworker and can't believe this is still going on in today's day and age. Also, still see women getting married to someone who isn't the one just so they can be married (while it lasts) and have kids.
    Back to Kim, I feel sorry in a way for her married sis (hope they consider adoption soon. I wonder if there are birthmoms trying to contact them). Can't believe I am thinking this because I do kind of agree with doing away with some of these conventions that hold women down, or shame them while praising same behaviors from men, but it seems
    Kim is a married woman who is now pregnant with another man's baby. I don't know if Kanye lives up to the so called rapper's rep with the ladies, but I sure hope not. I do wish her health and happiness but why the rush to get knocked up while she is still married? I didn't read the USA today article so maybe it was in there. Maybe if she was like 45 and it was kind of do or die time and the baby daddy was also older and wanting a family then it'd be a bit more understandable that this may go on at the very end stages of signing divorce paperwork.
    I worry about the effects that these "Reality" shows are having on people who think this is all 100% actual and the way to be.
    If you follow Honey Boo Boo there are pics now out on the web of her ice skating if anyone wants to search them. I wish she and anyone in that family would take lessons if they are interested.

12. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

Oh, I thought you started this one. My bad.

Anyway, I was at the grocery store yesterday so I made myself look at the gossip rags... nothing on Kim or her baby news but apparently Bethany Frankel is getting a divorce? :lol:

This made me realize that I don't look at them any more and when I do they seem to mostly be about reality tv stars whose shows I never watch so I have no idea who they are (and don't care enough to find out). I used to read the covers in line at the grocery to "keep up with popular culture" and so I would probably be saying that you can't avoid this kind of news because of that, but I've realized that just isn't true. The last couple of times I went to the dentist, they took me back before I could find a People, I didn't even try to read anything when I last got my haircut because I was playing solitaire on my iPhone and I don't watch the evening news much any more because I don't think it's very informative. Oh and I don't go to Yahoo! either.

I've realized that people pay attention to what interests them. If something doesn't interest you, it's very easy to avoid the subject, I've found. You can't totally avoid it but I'm mystified by the idea that this sort of news is "everywhere". Obviously, it's out there because I now know about it even though I don't care but I've found I've missed quite a bit of news that supposedly is "everywhere" over the years and I frequently run into people who are even less tapped in than I am.

13. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

I first saw this news at NBC's news site when checking the national news. It was a headline on the main page in the top corner right across from updates on the Congressional "fiscal cliff" negotiations. All you have to do to be aware of this kind of non-news is click on the web to read real news and it is in your face. It also appeared pretty prominently on CNN's U.S. home page the day it broke. Both sites people likely open to read more "serious" news.

14. Prancer

Is it a bad thing to know that Kim Kardashian is pregnant?

I realize that it isn't news in the sense that, say, the fiscal cliff is. And I can see thinking "Who cares?" But I don't get why it is such an issue with people that this is in the news at all. A lot of people clearly find such things interesting and they want to know about it, which makes it news. I can see thinking that it isn't "news," but so what? There is tons of news produced every single day and most people pass right over most of it. I don't get thinking that this is shoved in people's faces any more than any other kind of news is. Most things in the news just slide right on by unless you make it a point to find out about it.

I get most of my celebrity gossip here. I found out about the pregnancy here. I told my husband; he didn't know either until then. But at some point, both of us would have become aware of it without FSU, one way or another. But why is this such a problem? If it doesn't interest you, put it out of your mind and go on with life, just as you do with anything else in the news that you don't pay any attention to.

I'm with MacMadame. If you are interested enough to open a thread about the topic and read that thread, then I think you are interested in the topic. It always amazes me how much some posters here know about people whom they clearly despise and claim to have little interest in. They blame it on the media for "shoving it in our faces," but it's not all that hard to say "No, thanks" and move on. If it were hard to do, people would know more about things like the fiscal cliff, which is something that most people don't understand even though there has been a lot more news about that than about Kim Kardashian.

15. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

yep: pregnancy easy to understand. Man/Woman have sex. Sperm/egg find each other, ta-da baby. Long term effects - for your lifetime

fiscal cliff: how we got here, why we got here, what could prevent it :confused:, what long term effects :confused:- no easy answers to the who, what ,when, where and how questions

16. PDilemma

PDilemma Well-Known Member

Right. You can read the headline and get the whole story on this. On NBC it was "Kim Kardashian and Kanye West expecting a baby". Nothing more is required. That tends to be true of lots of entertainment news. "Movie A wins box office with ___ million". End of story. Whereas the fiscal cliff headlines cannot explain everything in five to ten words.

17. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  18. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

I don't know CA law, but if she's still married to Kris H. when the baby is born, he may legally be presumed the father. Not sure if that holds if they put Kanye on the birth certificate.

19. numbers123

Khris may indeed be responsible for the baby's financial future.

20. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

Kim should have gotten knocked-up by her current husband. Not because
    of the old-fashioned ethic that one shouldn't get preggers by one guy
    while married to another--my, how antiquated-- but because he's hotter than
    Kanye West, which is setting the bar pretty low. That's what's truly important!

21. Prancer

Indeed, just as the thread title here tells you all you need to know. Yet people who say they aren't interested still opened the thread and took the time and trouble to post in it.

Meanwhile, people read the headlines about the fiscal cliff or Syria or the Ivory Coast, clutch their pearls and move on without clicking.

22. FiveRinger

What is he talking about? On their show they featured Rob's girlfriend getting pregnant and miscarrying. Did he forget about that? I know things happen but that's kind of hypocritical. But then again on the same series Rob sent off on Kim and all but called her a ho when she got on his case about getting a job. He questioned how she supported herself, lol.

23. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

You can believe before that baby gets here Kris Jenner will have pushed that divorce through. Say what you will, but Momager knows how to get sh*t done...

I admit to being a Kardashian fan. :slinkaway I'm a reality TV junkie in general: Keeping Up With the Kardashians, Kendra on Top, Dance Moms, Bad Girls Club, Cheer Perfection...but hells no to Honey Boo Boo and Toddlers in Tiaras :yikes:...no thanks. I like the Kardashians and I find them entertaining mostly b/c of their family dynamic. I have two sisters and a brother (who is the youngest) and we have a similar relationship in that we are very close, love each other, but don't always get along. I can relate to that. Plus I find their lifestyle interesting. Watching the Kardashians is a form of escapism for me, as it is for the millions of people who continue to watch and follow them, and I don't see anything wrong with that. Some people need to lighten up a little...:rolleyes:

As for the baby news, I think that's great for them. Unlike her relationship with Kris Humphries, Kim and Kayne have known each other for a long time. They've been friends for almost 10 years so it wasn't like they just met and she got knocked up; they had a foundation of friendship before they began dating. I think the reason Kris and Kim didn't work out was b/c he couldn't adjust to her world and lifestyle. He wanted her to stop being "Hollywood" and move to Minnesota... Kanye is one of the biggest hip hop stars on the planet and is used to the fame and the lifestyle so there was no adjustment necessary. It's a good match and I think they're cute together.

Poor Khloe though...she's been trying to get pregnant for a few years now hasn't she? I bet this is going to bring some drama to the show. I, for one, am looking forward to it even if no one else is. :p

24. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Have fun.

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  25. numbers123

Thank you for being honest. There are many Kardashian fans or the show wouldn't be in whatever season it is in. I know that plenty of people watch them (I don't happen to be one, but obviously there are many who do). I have think reading about them is interesting, because it passes the time in doctor's offices. I admit that I thought Khole's marriage to Levar was going to crash within a matter of months and am quite impressed that it seems to be a good one (as one can be in the media world). Khole's infertility is one that many couples go through, which I think makes the family a little more likable.

26. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So, after seeing the Pope in Rome, Kim who, photographed almost the day after wearing a see through to her butt-crack skirt, started alternating white lace and/or black leather mini dresses because she must have known she was preggers and must have wanted to appear instead to be demure and not wear bikinis with her pregnant bosom bursting bigger than her butt. And then, she had him, the one and only Kanye West, her best oldest friend of 10 years and new boyfriend of a few months, burst out that he had popped Kim while she was still married to Kris Humphries, who can, oops, claim paternity under California law. Fortunately K/ K have money, so can probably buy out hubby #1, unless he gets smart enough for a stand off.

Her sister Kourtney just had her second out of wedlock child with loser lover Scott Disick whose Manhattan restaurant/bar just went bankrupt, and Kourt received pages and pages in magazine bibles such as In Touch, Star and Us for miraculously "losing" 45 pounds like it was gold when in fact it was just baby weight, all melted while sponging off various hotels up and down the coasts of Florida.

Khloe and/or her husband Lamar, who was fired from his LA Lakers team and sold to Texas, moved back to the family in the west she missed so much and couldn’t get on without because that team didn't like his play either, seem to have fertility problems which have prevented them from getting preggers while being so honestly and forthrightly married. No really, it is a serious problem, but their issues have been overshadowed by her siblings’ publicity.

And the two babiest sisters, Kendall and Kylie, garnered modeling stints in their early teens and are only prevented from more new stories because they have to wait their turn behind their other sibilings or because their mommy might be letting them finish high school first, have generated less news than brother Rob, the only non K.

Is the mother, Kris Jenner, who may or may not be divorcing her second husband, Bruce, Mr. Olympian Decathlon Gold Medalist, just sitting around dreaming up all of this stuff, calling different publicists and magazines each week for paid promotion, or is it all real? Because they are making more money than I am, by a lot.

Last edited: Jan 5, 2013