Kim Kardashian Is Pregnant

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Whitneyskates, Dec 31, 2012.

1. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates New Member

dbell1 and (deleted member) like this.
  2. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Did you really have to ruin everyone's end of 2012 with this "news" ? To quote Nancy Kerrigan, "WHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY??????" :p
    Vash01 and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates New Member

Bad joke, my apologies.
    Last edited: Dec 31, 2012
  4. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

they can call it kash
  5. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Brilliant.
  6. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

So, does this mean she will want her divorce to go through now?
  7. olympic

olympic Well-Known Member

Where did we get to this place in life where people who have no personal talent or attributes attain the same level of recogntion by the press as seasoned actors, musicians, comedians, etc.

Makes me wanna cry ...
  8. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

I knew she'd do someone/something before the end of the year. She didn't have enough publicity in 2012. ;)
  9. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

maybe she can divorce the baby
  10. algonquin

algonquin Well-Known Member

Well, Kim probably doesn't want Kate Middleton to grab all those pregnancy headlines. Afterall, wasn't Kim's weddings supposed to bigger than Will and Kate's?
  11. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Sick to death of anything starting with a K myself - and in fact in some corners she actually gets more press that the others you mention - my FB page is filled with every breathless detail today thanks to the magazines I follow :rolleyes: - but it's worth noting that this is nothing new.

People of no talent or attributes have been making the news for centuries - debutantes, society types, people with minor/obscure titles, heirs/heiresses, hostesses etc. The only difference now is that instead of being confined to the society and fashion pages of newspapers and magazines like Hello and Town & Country and supermarket tabloids - all easy to avoid - we now have 24/7 news channels and websites that are desperate (apparently very much so) for content, plus FB, Twitter and all the other social media and celebrity-driven blogs.
  12. floskate

floskate Vacant

What another Kardashian on the way? :scream: Are they the 21st century version of locusts wrought on the earth? Make it stoooooooooppppppppp!!
  13. susan6

susan6 Well-Known Member

I'm real happy for you Kim, and I'mma let you finish, but.....Kate Middleton has the best pregnancy ever!
    Prancer, Moto Guzzi, Coco and 17 others like this.
  14. skategal

skategal Well-Known Member

Ok, this post wins!

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
  15. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Really? And you think Kim Kardashian's the one without class and who's hungry for attention? This is one of the most classless posts I've seen on this forum in a while, and that's saying a lot.

Then why are you wasting your time posting about her? Obviously, you're not that sick of her. Is it a look at me, look at how smart I am because I don't like the Kardashians, because if you really didn't care at all, surely you and every other poster in this thread who could "care less" about Kim would let it sink to the bottom of the fourth page of this forum.

Congrats to Kim on her pregnancy.
    Prancer, julieann, Kasey and 3 others like this.
  16. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

letting him finish is how this baby came to be ;)
    Prancer, Coco, rfisher and 5 others like this.
  17. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

LOL!!!!!! What would your mother say if she saw that post?
  18. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Since you've directed this rather bitchy comment to me, I must correct you. I wasn't posting about Kim Kardashian; I was commenting on the concept of celebrity in history, and media's role in creating celebrity. I opened this thread specifically because that is the topic that interests me, and I was curious to see how FSUers were reacting to the news.
  19. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

I hope no one pays attention to her pregnancy except for her doctor and maybe her mother.
  20. taf2002

taf2002 Well-Known Member

Give us credit for a little brains. "Sick to death of anything starting with a K myself -." is commenting on the concept of celebrity in history, and media's role in creating celebrity? Sure.
  21. Andora

Andora Well-Known Member

I guess I'm the only one who thinks it'll be interesting to see what kind of father Kanye is. :shuffle: And how it'll affect his music.
  22. UGG

UGG Well-Known Member

Taylor Swift can write a song called "You're a Father Now" and make it about Kanye.
  23. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Well-Known Member

So Kimmie has a "bun in the oven". First time she will be known for the term in it's singular usage!
  24. Whitneyskates

Whitneyskates New Member

I'm sure a small army of nannies will do the actual work, but I actually think these two will be good parents. Kim becoming a parent doesn't strike fear in me the way news of Paris Hilton becoming mother would.
  25. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

Now we just need someone to call this kid America's Royal Baby and my 2012 will be complete. :watch:
  26. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I dunno. Someone who treats her wedding as an opportunity for TV and as a $$$$ grab, and then when the relationship ends treats that as an opportunity for $$$ interviews about her "heartbreak", doesn't strike me as the most mature and balanced parent-to-be on the planet.

I just hope that everyone who wants to give her a baby gift remembers what happens with the wedding gifts she decided not to keep, i.e. she sent the givers a letter saying that she was giving the present to charity, and then kept the tax receipts for the donations for herself.
  27. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

Love this quote from this Washington Post article:

28. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Imagine the :argue: that's going to go on with Kim Kardashian's PR people and Jessica Simpson's PR people, trying to outdo each other in $elling pregnancy stories.....
  29. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

I think the most interesting thing about this news is the behind the scenes drama it must have caused because of the way it was announced. I got the feeling the Kardashians don't announce ANYTHING without a magazine exclusive $$$$$ to break the news and if I understand it correctly Kanye just blurted it out at a concert. He might not want to play his life and child the way the Kardashian family does and for that reason alone I don't think it's great news these two are procreating.
  30. Matryeshka

Matryeshka Well-Known Member

Then who else were you referring to with the "K"? King Kong? Katherine Hepburn? Genghis Khan?
    jamesy and (deleted member) like this.
  31. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

32. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

That was meant to be context - that even if you are not seeking the info, it's there, it's everywhere, and before Kim Kardashian it was someone else, and when she's long forgotten it will be someone else again.

#epicfail on my communications skills today apparently
  33. Cupid

Cupid New Member

Well I feel bad for Khloe - wasnt she trying desperately to get pregnant with her husband? And now Kim, with all the looks, also gets effortlessly preggers!
    Coco and (deleted member) like this.
  34. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't get excited about Kim's pregnancy, more concerned about my co-worker who is 14 weeks pregnant, unmarried, on food stamps and thinks a baby is going to magically change her life for the better even after her mom said she can't live at home with the baby.
  35. MacMadame

MacMadame Internet Beyotch

You know, you say that all the time about celebrities you say you aren't interested in. But I never see info about most of these celebrities except when you (and others) start threads on FSU. I didn't even know Kim was dating anyone, for example, let alone who. I probably would have figured out she was pregnant without coming to FSU but the rags like the National Enquirer have been saying she is pregnant for years now so it might have taken me a while to figure out this time it was real.

Bottom line: I think you do seek out celebrity news. And then bitch about how you can't escape it. If you really didn't care, then you wouldn't be following whomever you follow on Twitter, Facebook, Yahoo!, etc. That's what people who REALLY don't care about celebrity gossip do.

And, if you don't seek it out, then it's not "everywhere". It hardly anywhere, in fact.
    mag and (deleted member) like this.
  36. Jem X

Jem X Awaiting Skate America

No, even better - they can call it Ka$h
  37. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I heard about it on the Yahoo.
  38. skategal

skategal Well-Known Member

Krispy Kreme? :rofl:
  39. heckles

heckles Well-Known Member

And then Kanye can issue a statement that "Taylor Swift doesn't care about black people."
  40. Vash01

Vash01 Well-Known Member

Frankly, I don't give a d..... if KK is pregnant or not.