Khoklova/Andreev- any fans? or just hate?

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by haribobo, Dec 29, 2010.

1. haribobo

haribobo Well-Known Member

There is sooooo much K/A hate...does anyone actually support them? I feel like there has been so much negativity towards them since the beginning. It gets old. :revenge:

To that end, GOOOOOOOOO Khoklova/Andreev!!!!!! :respec: Your FS is well, not bad, and I like parts of it. :cheer2:

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

There seem to be a few supporters in their thread in GSD (started in May and now 40 pages and still going strong! :D) I guess this thread can take over once the 1000th post is reached in that one! ;)

3. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Free DANCE. Get it right! ;)

I'm actually afraid to watch their performances from the competition because of all of the :revenge:. But I will get around to it..

4. Aussie Willy

Aussie Willy Well-Known Member

I think they look good together and had really nice chemistry. And I enjoyed their FD. For a guy he has lovely leg extension and posture. I liked Jana just wearing something simple because it didn't detract from the skating.

But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.

Also although he may have passed the test and is competing at Senior level in ice dance, it doesn't make him a dancer yet. He will need to work hard to get to her level. He doesn't quite have the flow of edge she does. But that is not to say that he won't get there. It will require a lot of work and dedication.

This is a transition year for them both but I hope they keep at it. Because for me the potential is there. It has to be a long term plan because it is very rare for a dance team to hit their straps and be at the top in the first season.

5. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

My stars, agreed 100%! She looked fabulous.

6. frisette70

frisette70 Active Member

I love them!! They are a work in progress but i think they have good speed and the connexion between them is fabulous. With what they did after only 6 month i can't wait to see them next year!!:respec:

7. skateboy

skateboy Well-Known Member

Fan here.

8. jl22aries

jl22aries Active Member

I like them.

9. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Definately a work in progress.
    He looks like he's putting his all into it, and good for him. I don't care for the music to the short dance, but I agree with Aussie Willy:
    HTML:
    But they look like a new team. There is a real lack of complexity in the holds - a lot of hand to hand and pulling each other through. It looks like it has been kept simple with a plan just to get them working together and putting something out there.

It looks like she's supporting him and that shouldn't be seen to the common person. Dance is not my strong suit, but I do see some hope. They need more time together - like side by side together. Also Fedor looked stiff = meaning nervous.
    I'm anxious to see them in the future.

:cat:

10. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Their Nationals FD was much better than their earlier performance. The leg lines, while still not great, were much better and matched more.

They still look like a new team, but I don't think anyone was expecting much more than that at this point. They do have some good aspects though - his twizzles are quite good, and they do seem to have good speed and flow. And they connect well.

I find he doesn't look quite glaringly like a singles skater trying to dance, instead more like a junior dancer, trying to dance with a senior dancer, which means there's a lot of promise there.

IMO they can decently do the skills together (based on their levels), it's the quality that needs to be worked on, and that comes with time and experience.

Plus, it's just plain awesome to see Fedor competing (even if his awesome triple axel isn't included in the programs).

11. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

I have enjoyed what I have seen from -what I agree is- a team that looks like a new team with good chemistry and a good deal of potential.

I understand that it is frustrating for her fans to see her start at this level with him - but I do look forward to seeing where they can be this time next year and the year after and so on- if they stick with it together.

I have always liked them both and the journey ahead of them intrigues me.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Ituriel

Ituriel Member

Love them or hate them, I'm in the middle :p

I blame Jana and Fedor because I'm splitting in two personalities:

My positive side hopes that they improve and improve:), and then rock the next season. Also it's charmed with their romantic chemistry (hoping a real romance and babies :saint:)

My negative side is crying because it'll be too hard for them enter into the dance elite and they need really hard work for conquer a place in the Russian podium.:fragile:
    Yes, it's frustrating see her start all again.:wall:

But I'm officially a fan (a worried and desperate fan:drama:). I still love Jana, and I will (must) learn to love Fedor :lol:

And, only for increase the drama:D, Novitski's opinion about RNats

http://translate.google.com/transla...iti-v-lidery-/341802.html?from=indexshortnews

ELENA VAYTSEHOVSKOY BLOG:

http://translate.google.com/transla...sport-express.ru/users/vellena/post145606864/

I love this part
    google translate is bad, but the coment is really good :)

Last edited: Dec 29, 2010
  13. ~tapdancer~

~tapdancer~ Well-Known Member

As skeptical as I was about them teaming up, I saw the video of their FD at Russians and I enjoyed it. The music helped a lot but I don't think they embarrassed themselves at all. Really not bad at all for only working together such a short time.

14. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I like them, I hope they work hard and do well.

15. Jun Y

Jun Y Well-Known Member

I suppose one of the reasons for the hate is the very high profile they have relative to their abilities. Other skaters have worked very hard but do not get this kind of media attention.

I find their free dance to be a disappointment. The music and the choreography are simple and dull. Not as painful-to-watch as Gorshkova/Butikov's free dance, but certainly not up to the level of the top 3 Russian teams. I am surprised that they were ahead of Ilynikh/Katsaparov in FD scores.

16. TwizzlerS

TwizzlerS Well-Known Member

I'll admit that I have found this story very intriguing. It's kind of a Cinderella story or Cinder-fella in which Jana is the princess. But the fact that Fedor is not an unknown singles skater and his mother is a world class dance coach differs from the traditional Cinderella story line. I think even most "haters" would have to agree that it is the characters and these connections that make this team and their development so interesting to follow. If Jana had teamed up with someone who was totally unknown, it would not be interesting. I even think that if she had teamed up with another known former singles skater it would still be less interesting. So, I don't mind the technical inadequacies of Fedor; I just like watching the plot unfold.

17. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

I would say that I'm a supporter (but not a fan) of this pairing. Just as there are people who miss Jana being part of an elite-level ice dance team, I miss Fedor being a hot mess Candian singles skater. ;) As a discipline, ice dancing will always be a distant second to the men's event for me, so my Fedor Fanaticism is now somewhat muted (though I'm sure some FSUers consider that to be a good thing :p). That being said, I really enjoyed K/A's Beatles FD :biggrinbo, and I think they possess a lot of potential to become great show skaters. :respec: I'm interested in seeing how their career will progress. :watch:

18. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Come on now.

1) He makes Maurizio Margaglio look great

2) Their FD is totally empty and skated far apart, in open holds (or no holds)

I guess we should rejoice that Jana doesn't do splits all the time any more but still - at present they are a joke team and the way they've been politicked at Russian Nationals was just revolting. It was clear that Russian Fed wanted to get in Zueva's good books.

19. Fozzie Bear

Fozzie Bear Well-Known Member

On a superficial note, it was nice to see Jana skating with someone who didn't badly need a haircut and shave. But skating-wise, she looked so good and he was so stiff I found myself wishing she could have teamed up with Oksana Domnina instead.

20. 4rkidz

4rkidz GPF Barcelona here I come

part of me likes them partially because they seem to drive everyone batty - especially those who haven't even seen them .. yet hated them in advance :lol:
    I'm not a dance technic but I found their FD entertaining with its 'tricks'.. and Khoklova is very good.. I agree Andreev not in the same league as a Moir or White :shuffle:
    but I enjoyed their connection and the emotions expressed, I'm more curious to see if Andreev actually sticks around for this project and for once attain his potential :wall:

21. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Oh yeah and next to her he's so stiff. That really stands out.

I am predicting (well, hoping :p) he'll be back to modelling or car racing or whatever soon. :saint:

22. Pratfall

Pratfall Active Member

I don't exactly know if I'm a fan..I certainly have been intrigued by the whole attempt from day one. Their first appearance at Zagreb was , I thought , not as bad as the naysayers were predicting and not as good as some were hoping, but showed a lot of promise considering the length of time they've been together and that he was not an ice dancer to begin with. I see an improvement in him in the short period between Zagreb and Nationals. And I'll continue to watch with interest . I still say it's an awfully big risk for all parties to be taking at the coaching/ federation level, so I think they must have some confidence in what they can accomplish over the next year or two. For Jana and Fedor there's nothing to lose , so they might as well go for it.

Good luck to them.

23. screech

screech Well-Known Member

Is it completely wrong that my mind went fully dirty at this?

24. siberia82

siberia82 New Member

:rofl: No, I don't think so. Naughty thoughts are natural when it comes to Fedor. Remember how trashy his thread used to be? :lol:

25. blue_idealist

blue_idealist Well-Known Member

I actually like their programs but I still think it's kind of weird that Fedor decided to become an ice dancer just like that. I don't think his skill is anywhere near her level. Hopefully he improves.. I really think she could have found abetter partner but may have ended up with him instead because he's Marina Zoueva's son. I think that's why there's a lot of hate toward him - people feel he doesn't deserve the position he's in.

26. skatingfan04

skatingfan04 Active Member

I was honestly expecting to hate them, since I never really liked either of them on their own, but I was actually impressed by the youtube vids from Russian nationals. Andreev looks rough on some of the footwork, but given the amount of time he's been training as a dancer, I think he's doing amazingly well. It was also nice to see a tamer version of Jana. I never cared much for her skating, but I greatly prefer her without the overly dramatic acrobatics and crazy costumes. I also liked their connection with the music and each other. All in all, I think they'll do well. Its a shame it took them so long to find each other.

27. SwingDancer

SwingDancer New Member

All of this time I could have been joying K/A skating, if only someone had teamed them up sooner.

I have been a fan of Fedor's skating for a while, after what happened at Canadian nationals and then when he tried to get Azerbajin citizenship in an effort to be able to compete at the 2010 Olympic games, this partnership is just what he needs to fulfill his potential, Yana is a brilliant dancer, and they seem to really care for each other, plus having him dancing, training hard, focused, competing in his mother's field of expertise, and representing the nation of his birth must make him mom really happy. They a beautiful team, and I cannot wait to continue watching them improve and develop as a team.

I believe that they have the talent, chemistry, and enough heavy support behind them to be serious competitors and medal winners in ice dancing.

28. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

I don´t dislike this pair, it´s just that I have a horrible feeling that Yana is wasting crucial time with Fedor and should have found a more stabil character (and a more experienced guy in ice dance) as a pair. But on the other hand Yana looks very happy now, I just hope it will last and she will not regret her decision after a year or two...

Last edited: Jan 2, 2011
  29. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Jana is such a good ice dancer. I miss her at high level and I'm very disappointed that they are only in 4th at Russian Nats.
    This pair is not bad at all, but Fedor is not an ice dancer, and you really see this on the ice. His knee bend is not enough.
    I hope he can improve to see them at Euros or Worlds next season !

30. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

for those who dont like yana being paired up with fedor, who else out there would've been a better match for her?