Kevin Reynolds: "Plan B" Worked

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by overedge, Apr 3, 2012.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Leung left her, but that may have been more Leung being fired as a student rather than choosing to leave. (And Leung did eventually come back.)

Obviously only those who are involved know what is going on in each of those relationships, but there is a pattern among all of those skaters when it comes to addressing problems/lack of progress....blaming it on someone else (usually the judges, for not
    marking them "appropriately").

That wasn't said by me.

2. maatTheViking

maatTheViking Now ubering Machida's hair

You still wonder how they can't think that maybe getting a different coach wold get the different marks - if they think the judges are biased already?

3. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

:cheer: :40beers: :D :rockstar: :cheer2: :respec: :biggrinbo

CONGRATS ON YOUR GOLDEN ACHEIVEMENT!!!

4. query5

query5 New Member

great job kevin. well deserved

5. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Yes, congratulations!!! Kevin really has improved so much over the last few years. He has many more transitions and is using his arms and body with the music. Way to go Kevin!

6. Jammers

Jammers Well-Known Member

He still skates rather slow and even his jumps are not that impressive even though he does land them. His PCS was way to high for someone of his skating skills. I don't see him getting those kind of scores at Worlds or the top skaters collapsing like they did at 4CC.

7. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Oh, maybe, but let's celebrate today and qibble tomorrow. His happy face at the medal ceremony was delightful, and it is now more likely that, with any luck at all, he and Patrick will get our three spots.
    Of course, Disc and Yuzuru will have their good days again. And Javi should do well too. Who wouldn't want them to?

8. all_empty

all_empty Well-Known Member

Like Corianna said, let's celebrate today and quibble tomorrow.

The fact that Kevin has had two excellent competitions really bodes well for Worlds. While the judges may give him a PCS boost now that he's won a major championship, his improvements deserve recognition.

Skating skills and stroking do need work, as do the flip and Lutz. But I have to say that 4S just floated effortlessly. And if he hit the planned 3F+3Lo like he did at Nationals, his TES would've been even higher. I also really liked his combination spin at the end.

Good job Kevin!

9. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

OMG, Kevin won't win the Olympics?!?! Thanks so much for the reality check.

10. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

Well, remember, we denizens of Canuckistan have no sense of reality when it comes to our skaters so we do need that kick in the pants ever so often. Isn't is great that there are so many who are willing to oblige?

11. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Indeed, and I've been especially when they're sitting behind me at events, and share their opinions of our delusions with two or three rows of us.

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  12. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Of course, that should have read especially thankful.

13. sequins

sequins Active Member

Yes what would we do without their insight? Anyway Congrats Kevin! I was stunned when I heard but truly happy for him. I hope he enjoys his moment and it inspires him even more:)

Really and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Corianna

Corianna Active Member

Hey, guys, it's Eric and Megan for Gold and MTM silver yet again. Three points apart.

15. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Yes indeed...Congratulations Kevin and Well Done!!

Are there things Kevin still has to work on? Yes, there is. However, let's look at the positive here for the moment. I honestly thought Kevin would never ever find someone in the Skating Choreography ranks who, not only wanted to help him w/his programs and presence on the ice, but also doing that w/out attempting to change Kevin into a skater that he isn't. That's when Shae-Lynn came in Stage Right and what she's been able to both give and get out of Kevin the past couple of years is just so very impressive.

He really has come a long way. I just wish I could have seen it. None of the online links to players/networks that were doing live streaming Thursday night/Friday morning worked for me, so I didn't bother trying last night/this morning. My body then thought catching up on lost sleep from following anything live from Japan the last two days was more important, than catching the CBC broadcast this afternoon. Oh well...I'm sure it'll be on YouTube before the end of the weekend. :)

The picture of Kevin after the Medal Ceremony, where he's proudly holding up his Gold Medal, the grin on his face said it all. I'm actually amazed they bothered w/the spotlight for it actually. Kevin was beaming so brightly, he could have lit his own path around the rink afterwards. :D

Congratulations to Canada's newest member of the "I am a Four Continents Champion!!!" Club!!! :)

Last edited: Feb 10, 2013
  16. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

:cheer::cheer2::40beers:

17. Blondie12

Blondie12 New Member

Canada will be hard to beat in Team competition!!

18. aims

aims New Member

His long at the 4CC was choreographed by a Japanese choreographer Kenji Miyamoto, a former ice dancer. He's the one that choreographed 'Eye', Daisuke's short during the Vancouver Olys, by the way.

19. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

:cheer: Nicely done, Kevin! :)

20. geoskate

geoskate Well-Known Member

Congratulations to Kevin. I admire his perserverance, and also how far he has come artistically in the last two years. The marks here reflected not only his jumping ability but also his artistry. That's a significant achievement for him.

But I still want him to leave Joanne McLeod.

mag and (deleted member) like this.
  21. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Everyone wants him to leave Joanne McLeod but he probably never will :(

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  22. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

23. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

24. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yup. :lol: My reaction was: Well, of course, Kevin. Plan B is generally very effective. :shuffle: