Kerrs out of Worlds :(

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by floskate, Mar 29, 2011.

1. Pikachuusb

Pikachuusb Active Member

Ugh I was soo looking forward to seeing them compete at Worlds :( here's to a speedy recovery for Sinead :(

2. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

Nooooo ! :( :( :(

3. eleonorad

eleonorad Active Member

I really hope they will carry on until Sheffield

4. Kati

Kati Active Member

Noooo!! :( What a pity!

5. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

What a bummer! :( Best wishes to Sinead for successful surgery and a speedy recovery!

6. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Sad.
    I still hope they can compete in Sheffied next year.

7. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I hope they get to skate professionally before they completely retire. Do they ever go on Torvill and Dean's show in the UK? They are great performers.

8. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

Oh what a shame! :( Here's wishing for a speedy recovery.

9. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Huge bummer. I hope that they stick around for one mo' season (Sheffield & the next Worlds). I would like to see them make a Worlds podium before they truly retire.

Well, this pretty much ensures a top-3 finish for Bobrova/Soloviov...maybe even the silver, if Tessa & Scott cannot compete (which is still up in the air)...in which case it will likely be Meryl/Charlie for gold and Bobrova/Soloviov and Pechalat/Bourzat fighting for silver, IMO.

10. aaron

aaron New Member

11. floskate

floskate Vacant

:wuzrobbed Nooooooo that's just too sad for them. I hope they do reconsider, maybe after some time off to rest and heal and recover. A sheffield send off would be so emotional. :wuzrobbed

12. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

13. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

I hope she recovers and they reconsider coming back for one more season. Finishing their career at home would be great.

14. Fridge_Break

Fridge_Break Well-Known Member

Love Sinead & John, such a sad way to see them go out. :(

15. Carina

Carina Member

:(:(:( but since this was the third time this season, I did expect a surgery to come sooner or later. But very sad way to finish a career. I really gonna miss them on Saturday (Stockholm Ice) as well as in Worlds.

16. houston

houston Member

All her friends and supporters will be glad to know Sinead came through her surgery smoothly this evening and is well and looking great. She thanks everyone for their good wishes and will be back on the ice as soon as it is sensible. There was a good article and photo in The Herald today by Neil Drysdale who has covered their careers from the beginning.

skatepixie and (deleted member) like this.
  17. maggylyn

maggylyn Well-Known Member

Thank you for the update.
    So glad to hear she's doing well.

18. julieann

julieann Well-Known Member

Happy to hear she is doing well :)

19. Asli

Asli Well-Known Member

The Kerrs have had home-town reception wherever they have skated! :cheer2:
    They have been crowd favorites everywhere!

IMO ending their career with another medal at the Euros is really good, especially considering they were already injured this season. Probably it is smart to end a career when the body has been saying "stop!" for a while.

I hope Sinead recovers quickly and I'm sure audiences everywhere would be delighted to watch them in shows! :)

20. GoldenMichelle

GoldenMichelle Active Member

Since hearing about her injury last week I was sure they would withdraw, but I was still holding out hope. :( So sad that they won't be there.

21. shah

shah Shhh...

:fragile:
    keep on hoping they'll reconsider for Sheffield :(...and that the shoulder gets well asap!

22. mia joy

mia joy New Member

:( :( :(
    The Kerrs were always a ray of sunshine at every competition. I have never met nicer, more open to public and happy with being on the ice skaters than these two. I really associate them with light, happiness and all the positive emotions possible. They will leave an empty space in ice dancing and I don't think anyone will be able to fill it soon.

If there is a slight chance they would reconsider competing in Sheffield, I'm gonna hold on to it. In the meantime, I wish Sinead a speedy recovery and thank them for all wonderful moments they ensured us with :)

23. skatepixie

skatepixie Well-Known Member

Glad to hear she's doing well.

And here's hoping it isnt really the end for them. :(

24. Celine82

Celine82 Well-Known Member

So that means that Bern was both Fede & Massi's AND Sinead & John's last competition? Bummer. :( Now I'm even happier that I went and got to cheer for them one last time. Both teams were among my favorites for years - gosh, it seems that they've been around forever!

I'll keep fond memories of the fab' Scots, they were always a joy to watch. The Scottish OD was a highlight of their career and one that I'm sure many will remember.

Thanks for all the good memories, Sinead & John, and I hope to see you again in shows! :)

Last edited: Mar 31, 2011
  25. Simone411

Simone411 Just Flip-Flopping Around

Thanks for the update. Good to know Sinead came through the surgery okay and is well. :)

26. Oh man. I was really hoping to see them. Wishing Sinead a speedy recovery.