Kerrigan's brother back in jail by choice

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Alex Forrest, Nov 20, 2012.

1. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

Here's a link: http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/nancy-kerrigans-brother-return-mass-jail-17745068

Mark Kerrigan finds 2 years of probation much more difficult to get through than six months in jail. Mainly because he is being tested for alcohol and drugs and failed a test. This makes me feel very sad for him, and while he might be free of living no-alcohol/drugs for six months, it seems pretty obvious he'll go right back to it when he gets out. I hope he somehow figures it out the next six months, and see that he can go without alcohol/drugs. It's a sad situation. I feel badly for the entire family.

It does infuriate me that someone like Lohan can just flout the rules of her probation, live like a criminal again and again, and only get a slap on the wrist and no solid jail time. She never seems to have to suffer the consequences of her actions. A (distant) acquaintance was convicted of car theft/unauthorized use of a car, no drugs or alcohol related, but his probation required him to abstain from alcohol, and he also like Kerrigan failed the alcohol tests and was sent back to jail. I didn't understand why his probation would require abstinence, since alcohol is legal. It would be like a stipulation of probation being to abstain from cigarette smoking and one cig and you get sent back to jail.

But it is concerning that someone would choose six months in jail rather than not drink or take drugs. It makes you think he'll be back in jail sooner or later unless he gets his addictions under control. Sad story.

2. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Mark Kerrigan was found by a jury to have caused his father's death. I think Lohan should be in the slammer too, but these cases aren't similar.

I feel bad for Nancy for all the worries that Mark has caused her, as well as to their parents. I worry for Brenda's future safety, although it appears that her loyalty to Mark means that to her Mark is someone to be protected and not feared. I hope that when Mark does leave jail, he will want, and get, the treatment that will turn his life onto the right track.

3. Alex Forrest

Alex Forrest Banned Member

I wish the family well, right from the start. He was not convicted of causing his father's death IIRC. His father died of natural causes, but it was possibly precipitated by his 'assault' whatever that means. A son hitting his father is assault, a father beating up his son is just "that's family business". So let's say I'm not quite anti-Mark Kerrigan, and the fact that Brenda is not anti-Mark makes me think that no matter how blind she was she wasn't completely blind. It's still not a happy ending, he'd rather go throught six months of prison than deal with probation, you think that inspires confidence in anyone?
    It's sad and no word from Nancy. Maybe she's trying to cut him out. If he's that bad that he'd take prison to probation, that might be a smart thing for Nancy. I will never worry about Brenda Kerrigan. Nancy is a loving daughter through and through, no matter what you hate of her persona but she loves her Mom. Brenda is in good hands. A son that would rather do six months in the pokey rather than deal with drug tests? A heart breaker.

4. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

IMHO, Nancy owes no word to anybody about her brother. And in my book no one should hate her for her persona, either. I just hope Mark will do whatever it takes to get in recovery from his substance additions and anger issues. Mothers definitely can be biased and defensive of children who are abusive to them (my mother was; this is probably why I feel so much for Nancy about this matter.)

5. The Fly On The Wall

The Fly On The Wall Active Member

Are you saying there was a history of Mr. Kerrigan Senior beating up his son?:confused:

6. RickInSanJose

RickInSanJose Active Member

Lindsay Lohan will indeed suffer the consequences of her actions if she remains on the same path. If she does keep to that path, then she'll probably die of a drug overdose -- and television coverage will show her lifeless sheet-covered body being wheeled out of some hotel and loaded into an ambulance. Call it the "Anna Nicole" death, if you will. So sad, but so predictable for so many celebs.

I would bet money that the major news bureaus like AP already have the obituaries of Ms. Lohan and other celebs like her prewritten and at the ready.

On the other hand, perhaps Ms. Lohan will ultimately turn her life around -- but it will probably take something major like a brush with death to jar some sense into her and make such a turnaround happen.

What a huge contrast between Lindsay Lohan and Michelle Kwan!

Last edited: Nov 23, 2012