Kennedy Center Honors 2011 = Streep, Neil Diamond, Barbara Cook ...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Beefcake, Sep 7, 2011.

1. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:swoon: Loving this group of honorees! Meryl Streep, one of my greatest guilty pleasures Neil Diamond, Broadway legend Barbara Cook, cellist Yo-Yo Ma, saxophonist Henry Rollins.

Kennedy Center Honors

Awwwww, Meryl's statement:
    Going to be a sweet few months for Streep, methinks. The airing of this and release of Iron Lady within a few days of each other ... then the Oscar for the latter a couple of months later. :)

Diamond wrote "Sweet Caroline" for Caroline Kennedy? I never knew that!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 7, 2011
  2. soxxy

soxxy Guest

Stellar group. Should make for a great show.

3. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

What a wonderful group of honorees.
    I'm sure I'll be crying during the tributes; as I do during every telecast!

4. Vash01

Vash01 Fan of Julia, Elena, Anna, Liza, and Vera

Great group of honorees.

5. znachki

znachki Active Member

This is the only awards show that I watch without one iota of snark. I :heart: it.

6. Fergus

Fergus Well-Known Member

FABULOUS group! :swoon:

7. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Watching the Gala during the Holidays is a Family Tradition, but this year's going to be an awful lot of fun than it usually is. AWESOME group of Honourees this year.

It'll be odd for Yo Yo Ma to be honoured and up there in the box watching the show though. :D How many times has he performed in it to help honour friends or mentors of his over the years?

Oh and you've got to think they'll save Neil's tribute for last and w/Sweet Caroline being the last song. Seeing all those people in their best doing the Bop bop bop bah should be quite entertaining. :D

8. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

9. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

What a great group of honorees! The Kennedy Center Honors is one of our favorite award shows and has become a tradition to watch during the holiday season. Classy presentation all the way. :)