KCC Switzen All That Skate Spring 2011 (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Mar 24, 2011.

1. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

Yes, Ilia looks happy and relaxed, and as usual, he appears to be the alpha-male in the group. He loves the Seoul audiences; I'm sure this will be a great experience for him and for all the skaters. I imagine he is particularly pleased that Katia gets to experience the 'once in a lifetime' feel of the SK audience. Sounds like it's going to be a great show all around - some terrific programs.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  2. lily

lily Active Member

3. amaro

amaro Active Member

4. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

Just back from the rehearsal.

I had a really good time there, enjoyed very much and very nice to see the skaters again. ATS showed 4 skaters, a pair team and finale (twice for better harmony among skaters) & curtain call.

Kulik rehearsed Love in this club, Gordeeva Cinema Italiano and Lambiel Bring Me to Life(IIRC).
    SHEN & ZHAO did Turantot.

And Yu-Na rehearsed "Fever". It's fascinating. :swoon: She did not jumped at all except a walley jump or a turn (in rehearsal) but almost everyone there loved the program. Costume, choreograph and her every move was really breathtaking. (I loved Shae-Lynn Bourne's single skate too.)

After skaters rehearsal, the MC told crowds "I'll play a video. If some of you can dance with the vid, please do that."
    I giggled at first but when it started almost all the ladies and gentlemen there stood up and did exactly what Yu-Na, Min-Jung and Hae-Jin do in the vid. :cheer:

And there's QnAs with Kulik, Gordeeva, Lambiel, Yu-Na and S/Z.

IIRC,

Forgot Q to Kulik... Sorry.

Q to Gordeeva: I remember your "Giselle" performance long times ago. As a skater and performer, how was it Yu-Na's Giselle?
    A: Many skaters performed "Giselle" before and it was interpreted in many ways. I can't compare mine with Yu-Na's.

Q to S/Z: After winning Olympic Gold Medal, What did you two do that night?
    A: I can't give you an answer. Lots of children in this building. :lol:

Q to Lambiel: Can I see your fantastic spins tonight? (He did not do his best during the rehearsal.)
    A: Yeah, there are lots of beautiful and great spins tonight!

Q1 to Yu-Na: What was your favorite banner at World 2011?
    A: I saw all the banners in the arena, loved them all. My favorite is "승냥이왔다-Here Yu-Na's fan" because where-ever I go, It's been there.

Q2 to Yu-Na: Since when you're so beautiful?
    A from David Wilson: Ever!
    A from Yu-Na: Hmm, I just wanna thank you. :D

Q3 to Yu-Na: I wanna be a skater like you. (from about 4 or 5 yo girl)
    A: It must be a really really hard way. But If you have a dream, believe in yourself and play your heart out.

Now show time in 3 hrs. :encore:

5. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

:lol:

Last edited: May 6, 2011
  6. os168

os168 Active Member

7. RunnersHigh

Back home from the 1st show.

The special rink was full of crowds. Skaters made some mistakes but it's a show. Who care?

Cizsny's improvement was remarkable. Skating was bigger and faster than I saw her last year in person.

According to an interview, there was a planned jump but she still has a pain in her ankle after the short program in Moscow. So she skipped the jump this time (or next time too). Anyway "Fever" knocked crowds dead and received huge Standing Ovation. Yu-Na did 2 2As and 1A in her "Giselle" too.

S/Z's "Turandot" received SO from crowds.
    Jouvert's "Rise" and Lambiel's "Bring Me to Life" made ladies crazy!

It's 23:50 and I gotta go to bed.. I'm exhausted but happy now. :40beers:

:encore:

8. figsrus

figsrus New Member

9. lily

lily Active Member

10. os168

os168 Active Member

How was the show Runnershigh?

Here's Yuna's new EX, a new Yuna?

http://youtu.be/KpE_k_oc5T8

Jumps omitted due to injury, but still the rest of it is pretty magnetic :)

11. vada5553

vada5553 New Member

Thanks,RunnersHigh!
    It sounds that the show was(and will be:)) great.
    I just watched Yuna's new EX on youtube. uh...gorgeous!She looks like a real dancer.
    So looking forward to the broadcast on Sunday.

:)http://youtu.be/KRO-NP5LTL8

maybe you are in this pic somewhere:p

12. RunnersHigh

He always showed fans something new every time. This time with the program, he showed his ability as an ice dancer as well as a jumper. He performed the music with the very choreograph, IMHO.

Yeah, I was and I'll. ;)

Some more? OK. Part II.

Gordeeva! My god... I knew her age but her skatings skill is there as it was. She's really in good shape. When she performed, Liza, her daughter, cheered wit all her might.

Abbott's programs were a bit hard to take at first appearance. But I can sure I would love it. He's alway floating on the ice.

Min-Jung lost the entrance/exit after 1st performance. She wandered here and there at the opposite side. :lol: It was so lovely.
    Curtain call was really fun. All crowds from children to older danced together with skaters. Yeah, I did to at the first row in front of Hae-Jin Kim. :D

Peter Oppegard, Karen Kwan and their two daughters were there. They're surrounded by fans and asked to take pictures and for autograph. Olivia and Sophia also autographed and fell over one another on how many autograph they did. Peter asked them not to argue.

ITA with you, Bezic!
    Quote from Bezic

Last edited: May 7, 2011
    os168 and (deleted member) like this.
  13. Willowway

Any impression of Ilia's new programs? Thanks.

14. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

15. RunnersHigh

:lol: :lol:
    Sorry I'm late I'm just back from family brunch!

Instead of my impression, I'll give you 2 comments from Korean fans.

I wanna say it to you.
    Korean fans really thank Kulik and Gordeeva for their joining ATS together. Their existence enriched the ice show. And so many fans here wanted to meet "Gordeeva" before her retirement from the profession.

Million thanks for them.

16. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

Looks like fun! :cheer2:

Glad FSUers got to go!

Stupid question: Is Yu-na doing another show in LA like last year?

17. shine

shine Well-Known Member

That's amazing! Stephane just never disappoints. I'm at a lost for words for THIS. The way he moves! Such versatility. There's no Lambiel replacement, none.

18. lily

lily Active Member

Thank you! It's quite a complicated program, also for the audience.

19. Willowway

Thank you Runnershigh for the comments about Ilia. I find it amusing that someone thinks 33 is so advanced an age as to give up hope. That poster must be very young! I am pleased that the Korean fans appreciate Ilia and Katia being there - it's wonderful that they're both skating and wonderful that Liza can learn about another new country.

20. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Thank you! Sounds like the show was just fabulous, no surprise though because Yuna's shows are always top notch and special.

21. Roxanne

Roxanne Member

22. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

^^^^This link can't be seen outside Korea

Here is a link that can at least be seen in Canada and presumably in the US since it's a Universal Sports blog (and I don't know where else)

Kim 'Fever' continues in South Korea
    http://www.universalsports.com/news-blogs/blogs/blog=gofigure/postid=532351.html

I don't care that she's not jumping, she's a fabulous dancer :inavoid: and I don't care that there are a few moment when she's dancing on the spot instead of moving over the ice. Your allowed to do that in an exhibition :p

Loved it!

23. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

I flove vamping Yuna.:swoon:

24. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

25. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

26. Made4Dancin

Made4Dancin New Member

I wish I could have seen this in person. As it is I can't get off of Youtube. I love the group numbers. As much as I love my favorite skaters, it's the group numbers that really make my day. I love the interactions.

Do they ever sell these shows in DVD or iTunes form? If not, they should.

27. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Anybody in North America planning to be up at 5am (2am West Coast) to try to find a webcast? I am pondering that, though not 100% sure.

28. nashvilledancer

nashvilledancer New Member

dinakt and (deleted member) like this.
  29. RunnersHigh

Day II.

They delivered better performances than yesterday - Yes.

Min-Jeong AGAIN lost the exit and So did Gordeeva.
    Kulik today was in good shape.
    Czisny was so confident and her "Moon river" was so nice. (Last year, when she fell down she lost everything including self-confidence. But this year, when she fell, that's all. She stood up, did planed jumps with great speed without hesitation, showed World-class spins & spirals and flight high with two jump splits. What changed her like this? Wow!!
    S/Z's "Turandot" received a Standing Ovation again.
    YuNa's two programs were perfect! With "Giselle", she showed 3 2As and the jumps were so huge with difficult entrance, flawless landing and transitions connected with the jumps. "Fever", her every move took my breathe away. I was in the first row at Kiss & Cry Zone. She performed some choreograph in front of me and blew my mind away. :biggrinbo

EPISODES
    • Some fans asked David Wilson "Who choreographed YuNa's Fever?" He answered "It's me!"
    • Around the gym, YuNa's fan hung her banners of last 2 seasons. I didn't count them but about 20 or 30 banners were there and crowds loved them.
    • In the sky, Balloons saying "YuNa ♡ Fans" and "Homage to YuNa" were floating and at night brighten up.
    • I heard ATS approved those two events from fans and supplied proper places. :respec:
    • There's a flash mob at a parking lot. They sang a famous Korean song. (I'm planning to take part in today. :D)

JerseySlore and (deleted member) like this.
  30. luCN

luCN New Member

Thank you RunnersHigh~

What about Jeremy?I really love his two programs this time~