KCC Switzen All That Skate Spring 2011 (threads merged)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by RunnersHigh, Mar 24, 2011.

1. RunnersHigh

RunnersHigh Well-Known Member

"KCC Switzen All That Skate Spring 2011" will be held on May 6, 7, 8 at Jamsil Indoor Stadium.

[Skaters]

Source from http://twitter.com/AllThatSkate about an hour ago.

ETA: After the announcement from ISU that Russia will host the Worlds next month, the list of skaters are deleted.

Last edited: Mar 24, 2011
    Shaia and (deleted member) like this.
  2. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

absolutely fantastic line-up! I think last spring's show was named Festa On Ice. Is that change related to her changing agencies?!!! I love this name more! All That Skate Spring, All That Skate Summer, All that Skate LA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyway, Katia?!!!! I think I've heard somewhere that last year, Ilia was sooooo thrilled about Yuna's spring show he was in, that he told Katia that she has to come together, and it became true XDXD

omg. I just counted, there are five OGMedalists here!!! (gordeeva has two :))

really, really unbelievably amazing cast!
    Worlds, and after that this show! I just can't wait! I can't!!!!

3. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

What an exciting news!!

Yuna, Gordeeva and Czisny... wow.. that's as beautiful as it gets.

And Kulik/Lambiel/Joubert/Abbott!! Just so much all-around hotness here that will really melt the ice!

I just pray that the ISU announces the schedule for the Worlds tomorrow, so that Yuna can participate at the Worlds as well as do this show. Her recent practice videos/photos are absolutely stunning, and I can't wait to see her new programs.

RunnersHigh and (deleted member) like this.
  4. amaro

amaro Active Member

Brilliant casting from Yuna as always.

5. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

What a amazing line-up as usual.
    I can't wait to see this ice show !! :cool:

6. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

From this morning's Korea Herald online:

Former Olympic gold medalists and world champions will join South Korean figure skater Kim Yu-na for an ice show here in May, Kim’s agency announced Thursday.

All That Sports unveiled a list of skaters who will perform alongside Kim, the reigning Olympic gold medalist in ladies’ singles figure skating. The ice show is scheduled for May 6-8 at the Jamsil Indoor Gymnasium in southern Seoul.

Two-time Olympic pairs champion Ekaterina Gordeeva of Russia headlines the list. Her husband, Ilia Kulik, the 1998 men’s singles champion, will also be here.

Stephane Lambiel, the 2006 Olympic silver medalist, and Brian Joubert, the 2007 world champion, will be back for another ice show with Kim, after skating with the South Korean in a show last year.

Alissa Czisny, the reigning Grand Prix Final champ from the U.S., will also be here.

Among pairs, the 2010 Olympic champions Shen Xue and Zhao Hongbo of China will be joined by their compatriots Zhang Dan and Zhang Hao.

Kwak Min-jung, who won bronze at the Asian Winter Games last month, and 14-year-old prospect Kim Hae-jin are other South Korean participants.

The schedule for the ice show remains up in the air. Kim was scheduled to have competed at the 2011 World Figure Skating Championships in Tokyo this week but the event has been postponed indefinitely following a devastating earthquake in Japan earlier this month.

The International Skating Union has received bids from six countries to replace Japan as the host and it could set new dates in late April or early May. (Yonhap News)

7. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

With the new 2011 Worlds dates now set (April 25-May 1), hopefully this means Yu-Na will be able to compete in Moscow and then go straight home to prepare and perform in her show?

9. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

Hopefully. Majority of her fans are hoping that the Pyeongchang committee will somehow advice Yuna to focus back on her training this time.

10. RunnersHigh

:swoon:

11. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Here's the link to the Korea Herald news article that was posted in the other thread: http://www.koreaherald.com/sports/Detail.jsp?newsMLId=20110324000623

12. Jenny81

Jenny81 Active Member

She probably..... ;)

13. skfan

skfan Member

very glad to see gordeeva in particular on the cast list :) i had hoped so since kulik was such a huge huge hit at the previous ATS.

14. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

No KWEEN! :wuzrobbed (otherwise, a wonderful cast)

15. riveredge

riveredge Active Member

I think Yuna recently mentioned that they're planning to have another ice show in LA this August. Michelle will probably be there.

16. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

:rollin:;)

17. wouldacoulda

wouldacoulda Active Member

Wow, that's going to be pretty tight timing considering the announcement of the re-scheduled World's in Moscow. I wonder if that will have an impact on the show. Or Yuna Kim's plan to compete at World's.

18. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

Given the type of person Yuna is, I think Yuna will suck it up and do the Worlds, come back to Korea on May 2, and do the ice show from May 6~8. It will be tiring, but the most wonderful thing for the fans. Anyway, Yuna's agency will announce her plans today. *crosses fingers*

19. Nikki Lee

Nikki Lee Active Member

The ISU has reviewed all applications received and after careful evaluation the ISU Council decided to allot the Championships to the Figure Skating Federation of Russia, to be held in the Megasport Arena in Moscow/Russia, on April 24-May 1, 2011.

<http://www.isu.org/vsite/vcontent/content/transnews/0,10869,4844-128590-19728-18885-312988-3787-4771-layout160-129898-news-item,00.html>

Ms Kim and Ms Czisny, and perhaps others, will have suddenly a lot of preparation to do!

20. RunnersHigh

You got it! :)

21. Extranjera

Extranjera New Member

What about Kwan? This year she won't skate at Yuna's show?

22. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

Kwan will likely skate with Yuna at ATS LA.

23. skatepixie

skatepixie Well-Known Member

I've done multiple flights internationally in that kind of timing. It ain't THAT bad if you just keep truckin'.

24. RunnersHigh

Ticket Reservation Info.

Interpark.com at 19:00 on April 5.

Ticket Price
    • Kiss & Cry: 330,000 Won (About $300)
    • SR: 210,000 Won (About $190)
    • R: 165,000 Won (About $150)
    • S: 121,000 Won (About $110)
    • A: 77,000 Won (About $70)
    • B: 44,000Won (About $40)

15% off, if you have KB credit or check card.

K&C includes an unofficial dress rehearsal at 14:00 on May 6, Q&A after the rehearsal, a program book and a drink coupon.

25. RunnersHigh

Plus, there're seats for couples and families. Good for me! :)

26. RunnersHigh

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  27. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

wow the price fro Kiss & Cry seats are not cheap;) but if the show offers that much fun and various benefits like before-the-show thingy as it did in LA, it'll be totally worth it I guess:)
    that poster with rock 'n roll style going on does look tempting though.

thanks Runnershigh!

Last edited: Mar 30, 2011
  28. RunnersHigh

29. Shaia

Shaia Active Member

Yuna just confirmed that she will be performing a new gala at the show, which is Beyonce's "Fever". David Wilson calls it "very sensual and chic" and Peter describes it as "highly alluring".

Can't wait~! :)

30. martyross

martyross Active Member

Cool..
    doesn't it look also as an homage to her skating forum "Fevers"? :p