Katia Gordeeva photos from "2010 Unforgettable Moments On Ice"

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Jaana, Nov 30, 2010.

1. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

2. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

She's so pretty. Thanks for sharing. :)

3. Kati

Kati Active Member

She is such a beauty on ice, radiant!

4. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

A very sad thing is that it looks like she is not going to have any shows in Russia. Ever. In the recent interview for sport-express.ru with Vaitsekhovskaya Ilia Averbukh said the following:

E.V.: The activity of the yellow press must be really annoying for you...

I.A.: Annoying indeed. But it's difficult to change the things. I am just a mere hired executive: a person who has a contract obligations to teach artists to skate. The Channel One Russia has its own PR work, of which we all become hostages. Once I used to demand hard to isolate us from the yellow press. But things got worse: journalists started to follow us and write incredible shocking things about skaters. So, we had to find the compromise.
    The saddest thing is not what yellow press writes, but that there is a demand. People who read yellow press are those people who like reading someone's letters, looking inside people's houses, sneaking around. The most painfull for me was the story with Katya Gordeeva. It took me a lot to convince her to take part in our project, and I think her participation was a great gift for the Russian audience. But when the yellow press started witchhunting and stalking her personal life, I couldn't do anything. Katya went back to the US and she doesn't want to hear anything about coming back.

5. Octoberopals

Octoberopals New Member

So much better for the US, to have someone so talented to teach here.

Great pics; thanks for sharing.

6. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I have to keep pinching myself to remember that she is 39, and has given birth twice! Yes, I know, she is an athlete. Still, People Magazine should have her as a repeat in their 50 Most Beautiful People issue.

Side issue still integral to her: Like Joannie, Katia has always conducted herself with grace and dignity even as the press vultures circled around for the latest milking. Has my respect for that reason alone.

let`s talk and (deleted member) like this.
  7. let`s talk

let`s talk Banned Member

True. How many female skater at her age could/can keep such a beauty and shape? :respec: