Katia and Ilia New Year's Skate in Simsbury

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Willowway, Dec 16, 2011.

1. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

A wonderful opportunity to see two great champions at very reasonable prices for a great cause!

2. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

Very impressed that they are doing this show in Connecticut even though they are living in California now!
  3. nubka

nubka Well-Known Member

I thought they were divorced? :confused:
  4. Willowway

Not so. They are in Orange County and have been there since moving back to CA; Ilia will be opening his own training facility, Kulik's Skating, in 2012 in Lake Forest, CA. Exciting stuff!!

They both are also doing Stars On Ice in the US this year (Katia is also doing the Japan dates) and they did Scott's fundraiser for the Cleveland Clinic in November together. They both will also be starring in the last show of the Disson Skating season (taping outside Seattle in late January) "Romance on Ice." Busy folks.

It's really great that they can give some time to such a good cause at their former home base.
    Last edited: Dec 16, 2011
  5. Laney

Laney Member

I would sooooooooooo love to be there. Why oh why do I have to live in Germany??? But it´s great they´re doing this show. I hope we get some reports about it!!!
  6. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

me too !!!! love to watch katia skate -i would even watch her stroke around the rink ALL day..... ( yes there IS somethign wrong with me!!)
  7. Willowway

If there's something wrong with you, it's not that!! Her strong, elegant stroking is a thing of absolute beauty and not to be minimized in these days of sloppy basics.
  8. victoriajh

victoriajh Well-Known Member

=) everytime i see her skate live i am AMAZED at the sound of her blades.....so much power and still they are silent!!
  9. Teenes

Teenes New Member

So they must be going straight from Lake Placid to Simsbury, since the opening night of Stars on Ice is Dec. 30!
  10. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

Oh you lucky people who get to go to this. You do realize we expect full and complete reports from this, right? :)
  11. Chize

Chize New Member

Willowway, Will Ilia come to Stars on Ice Japan Tour ?
  12. Willowway

Chize - Ilia will not be doing the Japan dates which I know is disappointing for his Japanese fans.
    Last edited: Dec 19, 2011