"Kathie Lee and Hoda" Segment on the TODAY Show

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by overedge, May 23, 2011.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

So last week I was actually awake early enough to witness this trainwreck TV live for the first time.

I couldn't believe how awful this show is. There was a segment called "iHoda" where Hoda talked about what was on her iPod, and then shrieked along with some Shania Twain song about not being woman enough to take my man. And the lyrics ran across the bottom of the screen with a little bouncing Hoda head to follow along. I was :scream: and :eek: at the same time.

All these two do is pour booze down their Botoxed faces and shriek/laugh a lot at every opportunity. I couldn't make it through the entire hour I was so horrified. Why, exactly, is this on TV? Do people actually like this sh*t?
  2. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

I've seen it occasionally. It's ok, though not must-see TV for me. I don't believe I've ever seen the iHoda segment, it does sound kind of dreadful :lol:

Still, I do admit to having a soft spot for Hoda Kotb, as a fellow breast cancer survivor. And I think she is a real trained journalist. Not sure how she ended up doing this gig with Kathie Lee.
  3. Kelleys6th

Kelleys6th Active Member

Personally, I like Hoda, but can't stand Kathie Lee :lol:
    I think some people watch it for Kathie Lee from her past days on with Regis. To me, she seems obnoxious and all too consumed with herself. :blah:
    From Boozeday Tuesday to Winesday Wednesday, :nopryde: to Luis Licari "la la la la la la," :scream:
    :yikes: I can't stand the show. :MakesMePuke!:

I love when SNL did/do a skit on them. To a T!

:cat:
  4. AliasJohnDoe

AliasJohnDoe Spin Alissa Spin!!!

5. michiruwater

michiruwater Well-Known Member

I saw this for the first time on TV last week and couldn't believe it actually existed. I absolutely loathe it but now my roommate keeps watching it and I have this weird reaction where I know I don't want to watch it but I can't look away, like a trainwreck. Or America's Next Top Model.
  6. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

The show can sometimes by mindless, campy fun to watch. Kathy Lee can often be obnoxious though. She has a habit of constantly making these obnoxious facial expressions that she thinks are funny (and for some reason the crew also ... at least we here their *pretend* laughing in the background, LOL), and she actually believes she's a good singer.
  7. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Minor point, but I think that's a Loretta Lynn song. Was it this one?
  8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Love that video!!!
    But I just checked on the Net and the song Hoda shrieked along to was actually "Any Man of Mine" by Ms. Twain. Apologies to the legendary Ms. Lynn for associating her with the drunken harpies....
  9. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

Plus, I don't think Twain is the person who should be singing about someone "not being woman enough to take her man."

Too soon?

:lynch:
  10. UMBS Go Blue

UMBS Go Blue KWEEN 2016! YES WE KWAN!

11. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Well, given that the man in question looked like an unmade bed and let his you-know-what do the thinking, Shania's well rid of him. Sounds like he and the "best friend" deserved each other.
  12. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

Overedge is to Kathie Lee and Hoda as Rex is to Sandra Lee's Semi-homemade! (can you tell I've been helping my middle schooler with story problems? :p)
  13. jamesy

jamesy Well-Known Member

:shuffle: You might want to stay out of OTBT once Big Brother starts. :saint:

I catch bits and pieces of this show every once in a while and each time I am :confused: that this is related in any way to the Today Show.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

I saw a dreadful Kathie Lee/Hoda where Curtis Stone cooked for them and some of their female friends at Hoda's house on the water. Ok, Curtis is a hottie, but they treated him like a piece of meat. They were making slezoid remarks and cabana boy jokes and talking about his butt when he walked away. All I could think is if it were 2 male talk show hosts and Rachael Ray, the guys would have been asked for their resignations the next day. Ever since then, when I come across them, I switch channels ASAP.
  15. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

I have no idea who or what the **** Hoda is (unless it is a very short, very badly made-up and -dressed transvestite from a galaxy far, far away....).
  16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

:rofl: Anyone willing to share screentime with Kathie Lee deserves to be denounced.
  17. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

I recorded the Today Show during the Olympics last year, so I watched this segment in case they talked about anything Olympics-related. I enjoyed them. One morning, they had a pancake throwing contest and I was LOL. But, then, I always liked Kathie Lee. Regis is the more annoying host, IMO.
  18. VIETgrlTerifa

VIETgrlTerifa Well-Known Member

I met Hoda Kotb in person. She's very striking and pretty in person.
  19. ChelleC

ChelleC Well-Known Member

I was hoping this thread meant they'd been cancelled. :wuzrobbed
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Citlali

Citlali Well-Known Member

The only thing I know about this segment is what I`ve learned on The Soup :D