Kanako Murakami Uber Thread

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by DELTA, Oct 29, 2012.

1. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

Last edited: Oct 29, 2012
  2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

She was so adorable at Skate Canada. Just bursting with energy and joie de vivre :) Her programs don't do her justice.

3. kwanatic

kwanatic Well-Known Member

I first saw Kanako at the JGPF in 2010. It's been great watching her grow up and mature right in front of my eyes. She's not my ideal skater in terms of lines, gracefulness, etc. but she makes up for everything she lacks with speed and energy and her ability to really perform a program. Kanako connects to her music very well and you can see it in her movements. I also find her very versatile in terms of interpreting music.

I love her spirit too! Her personality really comes through when she skates. I love it when she smiles after a good performance! Her SP from last season was my favorite of all the ladies. I thought she was wonderful at Skate Canada this past weekend and I hope she continues to build on her performances there.

4. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Certainly one of the upcoming youngters to look out for.

5. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_OlHjh8nXYE

She's definitely a more skater consistent now. Spins are no longer her weakness (look at improvement with layback). But her jumping technique is still a major issue.( but 3 loop has improved)

The music in her LP is very challenging. With tango it's either hit or miss. And right now I don't think it looks very effective for the judges. But hopefully, this program with Kanako develop her artistry.

Given all that I still think she's consistently undermarked by the judges.

6. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

She must learn 2 things from her GPs:

1. Go for 3loop2toe instead. Between her tendency to UR her triples on tired legs and her visible pre-rotation on her 2loop, it gives the impression that she rotates 3/4 turn on the ice between the 2 jumps.

2. It is very dangerous to NOT start any jumping pass with an axel type jump. She should train the 2axel3toe. A layout similar to Wagner's should be strong enough yet still doable for her.

She would have been the bronze medalist in Russia if she knew either of the above.

7. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

8. shine

shine Well-Known Member

I think her LP is amazing. Very interesting and complex choreography.

9. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

Glad to see her take my advice re; 3loop2toe :p. Also nice to see that her jumps are more fully rotated now.

10. jmj

jmj New Member

Loved that nats LP! She really interpreted the character of the Tango music well. I love that her jumps generally have nice amplitude as well as distance. Plus, she's fun to watch- the positive attitude and obvious joy she skates with are great to see!

11. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

maybe she reads this board;)

12. shan

shan Well-Known Member

13. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

14. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

Translating to English from Japanese.
    00:02
    We invited Takahashi and Murakami who had won the second place in Japan Nationals to the kiss and cry.
    “Nice to meet you.”
    00:10
    T and M: “Nice to meet you.”
    00:11
    At first, we ask to Takahashi. In this season, you had the competition which seem to be recorded in the history of the figure skating in Japan, hadn't you?
    00:20
    T: “Well. It became my good memory because it had become the very severe competition.”
    00:26
    What point do you feel to as a memory?
    00:28
    T:"I had regrettable feelings then, but I am satisfied very much now because I could do the performance filled with my mind after a long interval."
    00:37
    Watching your performance in the free skating, I felt a strong impression, but what feelings did you perform it with?
    00:44
    T: “I performed them with the feelings just like as if I intend to make my regrettable feelings bump them then.”
    In the part of the step, the audience was quite excited, but did you be able to hear that cheer?
    01:02
    T: “Well, I can’t remember the second half almost.”
    01:10
    Now, what do you remember?
    01:11
    T: “In the part that I must synchronize the moving with a sound ‘Zam!’, I had already started it too early as I had been too excited. As I heard the sound a little after that, I was ashamed.
    But, I decided that I let's don’t mind it.”
    01:24
    Now, we ask to Murakami. Although the Kanako-smile burst after a long interval because you rolled back the tide from the short program in the free skating, were you praised about that by coach Yamada?
    01:33
    M: “Yes, I was praised by my coach after a long interval actually.”
    01:41
    I think that the second place is your highest place in Japan Nationals so far, but how do you think about that?
    01:47
    M: “It is a feeling just like a dream and I am glad extremely.”
    01:52
    Did you feel that you grew up?
    01:53
    M: “Well, looking back at last season, I think that I may have grown up very much.”
    01:58
    Now, to them who were appointed the Japan representative for the Worlds of this time, we made written their mind to this panel of Japan flag.
    02:05
    At first, we ask to Takahashi. What sense are you using the word in, although you wrote “I will get 3 frames!”?
    02:13
    T: “It means that I would like to contribute to the frame acquisition, because the frame acquisition for the Olympics depends upon the Worlds of this time.”
    02:21
    When watching the competition of Men of Japan Nationals now, I think that it may be good even if there were about five frames.
    02:26
    T: “Well, honestly, I would like to want that, too, but it is 3 frames.”
    02:33
    Now, we ask to Murakami. Although you wrote the word "I will recover!", what sense are you using the word in?
    02:39
    M: “In Japan Nationals of this time, I could get very good result when I challenged it with the feeling that I would like to recover absolutely. Therefore I think that I would like to challenge to next Worlds with the feelings that I would like to recover from regrettable feelings in the Worlds of last season.”
    03:00
    Then, it is Christmas Eve today, but what present do you want from Santa Claus?
    03:08
    What present do you want, Murakami?
    03:09
    M: “Oh!” “Is it something which I want?”
    03:13
    What present do you want?
    03:14
    M: “Umm” “No!” “Because I had been able to do the performance well in free skating, there is nothing which I want now!!”
    03:19
    What a wonderful comment it is!
    03:21
    T: “It is a wonderful comment! I can’t speak nothing after that!”
    03:26
    What present do you want, Takahashi?
    03:27
    T: “I want to sleep a little. I want a time for sleeping.”
    03:30
    Now, let's go the performance of exhibition. What performance do you show us?
    03:31
    “We think that we would like to skate delightfully with the audience!”

Last edited: Jan 3, 2013
  15. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

16. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

An outrageously good free skate at 4CC.

17. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-T3Wsjj1C4s

Good skate. They only thing I didn't like is that she looked exhausted near the end. Bronze and 4CC is probably her best international result. Kanako improved consistency this season.

18. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

If she doesn't single her axels, perhaps she can contend at worlds. She has UR issues, but, as Delta notes, her consistency is improved. More so, her performance skills are now in the very top. She had the crowd on her side throughout, and rightly so. It is a joyful and energetically performed program.

19. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

I think Kanako has a good future. I like her skating.

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  20. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

At 2014 Worlds some top skaters may be out because it's after Olympics. This is could be her chance to medal. Till then let's hope she keeps improving.

21. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

She almost got a medal this Worlds. 4th place is finish is very impressive. She needs to keep improving to get to the podium next year.

22. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

How did people in London feel when watching her FS?

The tiny URs and that single axel probably did not dampen the entertainment value. I love the FS (less so her SP) and enjoyed seeing her give the world's audience what she had while she was within reach of a world medal. I hope she here to stay for a while. 4th place is great!

23. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I feel that, like Nagasu, her results will always be directly related to whether the caller is strict on the night. Her loop is prone to UR calls and her flip/ flutz toe pick technique will stall her growth sooner or later.

For next season I would love to see a joyful and fun Murakami instead of a classical one. Her programs this season do nothing for me and I don't think she is interpreting music on a deeper level the way she is supposed to.

24. tut88

tut88 Member

Love her !!
    Her Sp is so so beautiful !!!

Pasquale in the italian tv gala ( he did some commentary ) said that he 'll work with her again this next season for the Fp !

25. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

I think her interpretation of the music in her free program was fantastic. A joyful Murakami would be even better. The only thing I ask is no more ugly dresses, especially not polka-dot things. Machiko Yamada needs a fashion consultant for her pupils.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
  26. wonderlen

wonderlen New Member

I think she did remarkly well this year. Only two < in both SP+LP combine and lets face it, even if she rotated both Loops, the judges will still not going to put her on podium when Kim, Caro, Mao has almost over 15 points in PCS cushion. The judges already made up their mind for podium and for Olympics.

27. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

28. AndyWarhol

AndyWarhol Well-Known Member

The Japanese girls all have such great style!

29. DELTA

DELTA Active Member

30. DELTA

DELTA Active Member