Kanako in a local competition in Japan did the acting without mistake almost

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Akira Andrea, Mar 14, 2011.

1. Akira Andrea

Akira Andrea Well-Known Member

This is an article in Sankei Sports in Japan.
    In a local competition in Japan, Kanako Murakami took the lead with the acting of no mistake in SP.
    March 13th, 2011 JST

In March 12th, Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship (domestic local competition) was held in Nihon Gaishi Plaza in Nagoya City and Kanako Murakami (16, Chukyo University Chukyo High School) who became Japan Representative for Worlds for the first time took the lead with 63.75 points in SP.
    She appeared with the snow white costume which she made for the Asian Winter Games (at Kazakstan) in February. While having an adult atmosphere, she showed a stable jump and completed the acting with no mistake.
    Kanako's stability increased than before. Containing the two consecutive triple jumps of the beginning, there was not the big mistake in her acting.
    Aiming at the Worlds which get near at hand, she participates to the competition aggressively by the policy of Machiko Yamada coach who would like to have Kanako have plenty experience. She digests her 9th real competition in this season. She did not participate to the Chubu Japan Championship (domestic local competition) in February because of the common cold.
    Kanako whose weight fell by 2 kg thought back, saying "my skating was not powerful", but said "Don't worry because the muscular strength has been back to normal" with smiling.
    She worried about the 2011 Japan North East Region Pacific Coast Offshore Earthquake and said, "I think that many persons are in much difficulty, but I would like to do that if there was something which I can support".

The article:
    In a local competition in Japan, Kanako Murakami took the lead with the acting of no mistake in SP.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/110313/spm1103130502000-n1.htm

This is an article in “Sankei Shinbun” in Japan
    Translated from Japanese.
    Kanako in a local competition in Japan did the acting without mistake almost and was anxious about the disaster area of the earthquake.
    March 13th, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Photgraphy: By Kyodo
    Kanako Murakami who won the championship.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/03/13/gazo/G20110313000423080.html

The photo:
    Photography: By Sankei Sports
    Kanako Murakami who is showing the splendid performance.
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/110314/spm1103140503001-p1.htm

In March 13th, Kanako Murakami who is the Japan Representative for Worlds which is scheduled to be opened in Yoyogi National Gymnasium in Tokyo in March 21st participated to the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship (domestic local competition), won the 1st place with showing the acting without mistake almost in FS and won the championship with 194.31 points in total.
    While being in anxiety as for the hosting of Worlds under the influence of the great earthquake in North East Region of Japan, Murakami said "I would like to do my best with doing good acting exactly".
    Also, she was anxious about the sufferers of the earthquake, saying "I think that the sufferers are having a very hard time now. I wish they could regain the vigor by watching my acting if Worlds was held as scheduled".

The article:
    Kanako in a local competition in Japan did the acting without mistake almost and was anxious about the disaster area of the earthquake.
    http://www.sponichi.co.jp/sports/news/2011/03/13/kiji/K20110313000422870.html

Last edited: Mar 14, 2011
  2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Arigato, Akira Andrea! I'm happy to see you posting again! I will cross-post your article translation in the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship event thread in Kiss and Cry.

3. Akira Andrea

This is an article in Nikkan Sports in Japan.
    As for Kanako, her look stiffened for the anxiety.
    March 14th, 2011 JST

By Koichi Masuko
    Expectation new star Kanako Murakami (16, Chukyo University Chukyo High School 1st grader) won the championship at the personal best point. Wearing the stylish costume of red and black, she appeared in FS.
    With the calmed acting, she succeeded in all jumps such as the two consecutive triple jumps of the opening.
    Following the short program of the previous day, she recorded 130.56 points with the perfect acting without mistakes, also in FS.
    It is a reference record because of the local competition, but she didn't allow the other player to come near, by her personal best points of 194.31 points in total.

Until the morning of March 13th, she had spent the uneasy time, because she had not been able to make contact with Hanyu Yuzuru for a long time after the earthquake, who won the championship in 2010 Junior Worlds together with her and came from Sendai City where was hit by the Japan North East Region Pacific Offshore Earthquake.
    She was anxious for the safety of the mate of same grade, but I hear that, in this morning, she listened from the person of JSF, saying that it has been able to contact with him.
    Before the acting, there was a scene where she embraces each other with her elder sister while being in tears, too, because her elder sister Yukiko Murakami who retires from the eligible skater in this season showed the last skating in this competition.

She was ready perfectly for delivery, but whereabouts of the holding of the Worlds in March is opaque.
    The 16 year-old girl spoke while keeping the composure and choosing a word for the disaster area, saying, 'I think that the earthquake victims are having a very hard time and I think that I would like to do my best, so as to be said by them, saying "I got the vitality by watching your acting"'.

The article:
    As for Kanako, her look stiffened for the anxiety.
    http://www.nikkansports.com/sports/news/p-sp-tp0-20110314-748132.html

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
    alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Akira Andrea

The Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship which is a domestic local competition in Japan was held from March 11th to March 13th, but, under the influence of the Japan North East Region Pacific Offshore Earthquake which happened to occur in March 11th, it took more than 10 days till the bulletin of the result of the competition.
    I link it because having been placarded recently.

The result
    http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/22/03_ijs/data0690.htm

1st place: Kanako Murakami, SP 1, FS 1, 194.31poins in total
    2nd place: Ayumi Goto, SP 2, FS 4, 134.31points in total
    3rd place: Haruka Sakai, SP 4, FS 2, 129.74points in total
    4th place: Sara Imamura, SP 3, FS 3, 128.98points in total

13th place Yukiko Murakami, SP 13, FS 13, 93.01points in total

The Judges Details of SP
    http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/22/03_ijs/data0603.pdf

The Judges Details of FS
    http://www.skatingjapan.jp/local/2010-2011/fs/22/03_ijs/data0605.pdf

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. Akira Andrea

6. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Thanks, Akira Andrea! Good to see you posting!

7. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Thanks, Akira -- it sounds like she is in excellent form. I'm looking forward to seeing her at Worlds.

8. PUNKPRINCESS

PUNKPRINCESS New Member

shorter title: all your base are belong to Kanako

9. Akira Andrea

This is an article in the corner “Chukkyo Figure” of the web site of the Chukyo TV in Nagoya City in Japan.
    “Kanako Murakami in the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship” broadcasted in March 23rd.
    March 23rd, 2011 JST

The video
    Kanako Murakami in Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=44PeJzp3NBM&feature=player_embedded

By Emi Honda

(The Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship)
    00:24
    In the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship which was held from March 10th (March 10-13), the player who attracted everybody's attention most was Kanako Murakami.

(SP: Jumping Jack)
    00:34
    In the short program, she appeared with new white costume.
    This is the lucky costume which she had worn when she won the championship in the Asian Winter Games in February.
    00:45
    Especially, on this day, the jump was in the top form.
    00:51
    There is nothing to complain of both the height and the size and she appealed the good condition by the perfect acting.
    01:00
    She said, "The power was not sufficient", but she marked 63.5 points.
    Then, as for this costume, ?

(As for the new costume)
    01:05
    Murakami: Talking with Machiko Yamada and Mihoko Higuchi, we gained an idea that the adult-like costume may be well, too.
    Then, we decided it consulting with a coach in charge of the costume.
    01:21
    (You've lost weight somewhat, haven't you?)
    01:23
    Because I had become lean 2kg when I measured weight when I caught a cold, I was said by my elder sister, saying "You are lanky!"
    01:32
    The muscle also has been back to normal more than then, but it is very glad for me that I am said, saying that I was lean, because I am conscious of the weight recently.

(Free Skating)
    01:50
    Taking advice about the posture of the jump from Yamada coach, she faces the acting of FS.

(FS: Mask of Zoro)
    02:00
    After the Asian Winter Games, she took a rest from her practice for 4 days because she caught a cold.
    After that, for regaining her form, she continued the practice only of the jump for 2 weeks.
    02:15
    Then, before the event, she had practiced sufficiently the skating of the program in its entirety while playing the music and she greeted the event.
    02:23
    Accomplishing with high level all elements such as the spin and the step, not to mention the jump, she showed wonderful performance.
    02:31
    It is a reference record because of the local competition but, in FS, too, she updated her personal best score as 130.56.
    She won the championship with the performance which she can satisfy herself of.
    02:42
    The result of this time seems to have become big confidence for Murakami.

(After finishing the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship.)
    02:48
    Murakami: I am grad very much because I could finish without mistake both in SP also and in SF also, but there are still problems to be solved, such as that which the speed wasn't enough, too. However, I gained confidence because there was no mistake in both programs.

The diary about the report by Honda news caster
    As for the Worlds which was scheduled to be opened in Tokyo, it was decided to be canceled under the east Japan big earthquake, but the substitute holding seems to be done from the end of April to the beginning of May.
    Russia, America, Finland, Croatia, Austria and so on are running now and Vancouver, too, in Canada which held Winter Olympic Games last year seems to have given one's name.

When I asked Kanako Murakami who appealed her in the top form in the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship, saying, "What performance do you want to do in the Worlds?", she cheered up the victims, saying "I wish that the earthquake victims got the power with my performance".
    I think that, for the skater who had kept the condition to the peak once, the twice adjustment is hard, but I wish that the Worlds is held and that the Japan team take an active part.

The article:
    “Kanako Murakami in the Aichi Prefecture Figure Skating Championship” broadcasted in March 23rd.
    http://www.ctv.co.jp/straight/1103231155/figure.html

10. Akira Andrea

11. Akira Andrea

This is an article in “Sankei Sports” in Japan.
    Murakami said, “I wait impatiently for the Worlds now”.
    March 24th, 2011 JST

The photo:
    Photography: By Sankei Sports
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/photos/110324/spm1103242333002-p1.htm

By Kyodo
    With the announcement of the decision of venue of the Worlds, the persons concerned such as the players already aroused a conation to compete in the Worlds.
    While Kanako Murakami who grew up rapidly in this season in Ladies and participates to the Worlds for the first time said, "I can not image anything because it is first time for me to go to Russia", she seemed impatient for the big stage, saying, "I wait impatiently for the Worlds now and I can prepare sufficiently because there is sufficient time yet".
    The Nobuo Sato coach who coaches Mao Asada of Ladies and Takahiko Kozuka of Men is considering positively, saying, "1 month may be the very limit as the lead time to the competition, but there is somewhat easy part, too, because Moscow is near".

The article:
    http://www.sanspo.com/sports/news/110324/spm1103242333002-n1.htm

12. oleada

oleada Well-Known Member

Thanks Akira! Love the translations and thank you for the video links. Much prefer Kanako's white SP dress!

Glad to see you are OK.

13. Doubletoe

Doubletoe Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting, Akira Andrea! :respec: I love Kanako!
    By the way, for dance or sports, 演技 should always be translated as "performance" (not "acting"). Dictionaries should explain things like that, but they never do. . . :rolleyes:

14. Akira Andrea

Thank you for the valuable advice!
    As for the translation of the word "演技",
    I have always worried between "performance" and "acting".
    Gaining the right answer which the dictionary didn't show, I am glad very much.

Last edited: Mar 29, 2011