Kaleidoscope show on FOX Dec. 19 (Sunday)

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by HisWeirness, Dec 17, 2010.

1. RD

RD Well-Known Member

There was a Meissner/Cool kids segment before Weir as well.

2. RD

RD Well-Known Member

I only watched Gaynor/Meissner, and generally I liked it. As soon as I saw Weir though I changed the channel. :lol:

3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

This was a good show! Sasha/Gaynor was kind of boring, and I FF through the singer guy when there was no skater, but watched most everything else. Because of football overrun I missed Kimmie (sad) and Johnny's second number (sorta sad...) and the finale (bet it was like every other finale ever) but otherwise it was fun.

4. mysticchic

mysticchic Well-Known Member

The fur on Johnny butt was like a huge :soapbox: to PETA I'm sure. Wonder if he and Surya got into it backstage? I'm sure Surya could bytch slap him pretty good. But Johnny thinks he is all that and then some.:shuffle: His program was so far out of the realm of what everyone else skated to.
    Kurt still has a few jumps in him. 2 2A and I think a 2flip.
    Sarah bored me to bits. Lots of stroking and a sprial. ZZ
    Kimmie is still a cutie.

5. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

I dont mind if someone like Dorothy Hamill shows up and doesnt jump. But if Sarah can't jump at her age, I'd rather see her slot go to someone else.

6. sunny_sari

sunny_sari New Member

Well Johnny's performance may have been far outside the realm of what everyone else skated to but it was also the most popular with fans if crowd applause and reports from the show are to be believed. He was apparently the most popular skater of the night. His performances were electric.

The "fur" on Johnny's hip isn't real on that costume and him and Surya are friends from way back (the COI tour in 2006/07). They get along great with each other and always have.

So impressed with Johnny's performances. I love how in one program he can have the audience spellbound and mesmerised, and in the next one screaming and singing.

7. REO

REO New Member

Agreed sunny sari. There were screams for him throughout his performance of Bad Romance. That's the trouble with people getting bored with skating shows. They're so samey. You need someone "out of the realm" to keep things interesting. lol I liked Sasha's intro of him.

8. John 3 17

John 3 17 Well-Known Member

PAUL!!! :cheer2: I have missed him so much! Hope, hope, hope we get to see more of him on TV, he is still just as fab as ever! Wyliefan, I couldn't help but think what a great day you must be having!

Kurt's second program was precious!

Rena and John's was very, very nice :)

Because football went over, I missed the alst 16 minutes inc. Kimmie :( I'm kicking myself for not programming my DVR ro record over, I even had the disc space, arg!

They ought to replay it, on a day when there is no football (is there such a day? LOL).

-Bridget :)

9. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Doesn't Hallmark Channel usually do a replay of the Disson Shows? I have hopes to catch the performances I missed, including part of Paul's.

10. paskatefan

paskatefan Well-Known Member

I'm guessing that this one wasn't a Disson show, though. If it were, wouldn't it be shown on NBC?

I liked what we saw (due to the pre-emption by football), especially Paul, Kurt, and Kimmie. :encore:

11. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

:mad: that I couldn't see JWe's Ave Maria..I loved John and Rena's performance. And Paul Wylie still has "it"..Hoping for a repeat at some time..

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Judging by some of the posts, we were very lucky in New York/New Jersey. Even though the football game ran a half hour overtime, our Fox network seemed to have showed the entire program.

13. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Highlights for me were JW Ave Maria, John and Rena, Kurt and Paul Wylie. Kimmie seems like such a sweet young woman and it was nice to
    see her skate again, I thought she looked fabulous.

14. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Especially since Bonaly is still flipping! I had to look up her age- I knew the era she skated in, but I was still surprised.

Then again- Sasha doesn't really do too much content either, so I guess Sarah gets a pass.

Kurt's footwork is still amazing, but I didn't need the strip tease. I loved Rena and John's program, but isn't that a pretty old exhibition now? Maybe I'm misremembering. Also- is Ave Maria really a Christmas song? I've never ever heard it introduced that way.

(Another note- I think the network did run the whole thing with the football overrun, but my DVR didn't get it.)

15. JAF

JAF Well-Known Member

Fox played the entire show in spite of football going over - at least where I live.
    That doesn't happen often.

So :respec: Fox

16. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Extraordinarily good show. Definitely NOT a Disson one, as there was minimal cheese and focus on musicians at the expense of the skating. Even the public-service spots with skaters talking of the impact of cancer in their lives was tasteful.

Practically the entire live show was shown, including several '2nd programs,' which wasn't really the case last year. For ex, we got both of Johnny's, Joannie's, Sasha's and Kurt's routines. LOVED Johnny's Gaga number & Joannie's tango the best but there was much to commend in the show.

17. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

Normally I would agree with you BUT this being a 'benefit' for cancer information, I feel that Sarah's particupation was especially appropriate.

18. my little pony

my little pony snarking for AZE

assuming admission wasnt free, there have to be other ways to participate

19. DORISPULASKI

DORISPULASKI Watching submarine races

Yes-Sarah's, Kurt's, Dorothy's and Rena's participation was most appropriate. Kurt's discussion of the testing he goes through was particularly valuable because both his parents died from cancer, as was Sarah's discussion about how she and her skating were affected by her mother's cancer, and how she hoped her skating made her mother happy. Dorothy and Rena are great role models for continuing to live your life after cancer diagnosis and treatment.

Kimmie too, for her work with Kool Kids.

20. Lucy25

Lucy25 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I missed Sasha's first number due to football so I don't know about that one, but unless I missed it, she did no jumps in her second performance. Very little content, but I thought Sarah "looked" good. She looks fit. My fav was definitely Joannie.

21. Susan1

Susan1 Active Member

Yeah, I was DVRing (huh?) it from 4:30 to 6. There was still a football wrap up program on past 4:30. But when I turned on the news at 6:00, the skating was still on for another 15 minutes. I'll watch the whole thing this weekend. So excited to see Paul and Kurt for a change.

22. mtnskater

mtnskater Well-Known Member

I completely missed this...booooo hoooo! Anybody who got the whole thing willing to trade a DVD with me for a copy of this??? If so PM me. Thanks!