Kaitlyn Weaver - broken fibula in training.

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Mevrouw, Dec 18, 2012.

1. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Why would you assume Gilles & Poirier would mess up? Paul in particular has a lot of experience and has been to the Olympics. The withdrawal of W&P from Nationals will presumably mean that G&P finish 2nd to Virtue & Moir, and it will be interesting to see which other team ends up on the podium and whether they go to Worlds or whether W&P will still go.

I'm glad that G&P have a good chance of getting to Worlds this year since they won a spot to Worlds at Nationals last year but couldn't go because Piper's release from the USFSA wasn't through yet.

2. NorthernDancers

NorthernDancers Active Member

I wouldn't assume it is a foregone conclusion that G/P will earn the 2nd spot. There is very little difference, if any, between G/P and P/I. In my opinion, last year's results were ridiculous. The rightful 3rd place winners in my view were R/H, and they did go to worlds and placed very respectably. G/P dazzled people with their tricky programs and peppy personalities, but were a mess from the waist down. And I have to think politics came into play, based on P's previous results. P/I were coming off a nasty injury-plagued season. It showed in their performances, and they managed to hang on to top 5 position. R/H had beautiful programs, especially their FD, and were under-rated in my opinion.

This year, the landscape is different. The international judging panel has brought some reason to the Canadian political game in the scores G/P have received internationally. P/I have moved to Detroit to train and are looking much stronger, and more importantly, healthy and happy. R/H unfortunately have not shown any improvement, and their programs are dreadful. So it is not beyond reason that P/I could land in that 2nd spot. They have it in them. I have to think it would be either P/I or G/P in that 2nd and 3rd spot. At Worlds, either team could pull out strong enough performances to keep the 3rd spot for Canada, but it will be a tough go for both of them. Looking at the international rankings this season, I would expect 11 and 12 or 12 and 13. To be safe, one of them needs to finish in 11th spot. If V/M don't win Worlds and finish 2nd, then the 2nd Canadian team must finish 11th.

Debrah and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Twilight1

Twilight1 Well-Known Member

I would love to see Paul & Islam win silver in Mississauga. I was really looking forward to seeing Weaver & Poje live but the exposure for Paul & Islam who are also a talented team would be amazing going into an Olympic year. I honestly think though that the results with W&P out will be 1. V&M (obviously lol!), 2. G&P and 3. P&I. Really depends though if anyone makes a significant mistake. 2 and 3 could definitely change if G&P or P&I make any errors.

4. AxelAnnie

AxelAnnie Well-Known Member

^^Totally agree and hope that happens

5. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

Assuming that W/P are out, I'm hoping that P/I get to London and that they place at least 12th, regardless of where G/P place, so that they are guaranteed two GP assignments next year.

aka_gerbil and (deleted member) like this.
  6. tut88

tut88 Member

Im sorry for the injury !!!
    I m sure they will do EVERYTHING that the doctors say, so I don't worry about a too rushed recovery !

7. Jeschke

Jeschke Well-Known Member

i cannot see them in any way cracking top 12 - the really should have luck on their site for that to happen.

8. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

9. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

Wow, Kaitlyn sure looks tiffed for someone with a broken bone recovering from surgery. And her crutches are pretty tiffed, too. :glamor: :)

10. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Those are crutches? I thought they were ski poles (maybe as a Xmas gift?)!

11. Debbie S

Debbie S Well-Known Member

I assumed they were crutches since Kaitlyn is holding onto them, and when you're non-weight-bearing, your crutches are never far from you. ;) But I'm not that familiar with ski poles, so maybe that's what they were - maybe she's using ski poles instead of crutches? Crutches are evil, maybe ski poles are better. :)

12. Mevrouw

Mevrouw living every minute

Yes those are crutches, Kind of like last year's SD costume. And she would put a lot of energy into glamming up for that great photo.

13. pingu

pingu Well-Known Member

They look like the crutches we use in Europe, they have a different shape.

14. tut88

tut88 Member

sky poles ???:scream:

15. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

16. leafygreens

leafygreens Well-Known Member

How cute, in the apartment they share together...

17. AragornElessar

AragornElessar Well-Known Member

I'm waiting on pretty serious foot surgery and I'd love to have a pair like that, so wonder where she got them. Glad to see Kaitlyn's getting out and not cooped up in the Apartment. Although, and I'm speaking from experience here, Winter is the *worst* time of the year to be using crutches. I don't care how good you are or the crutches are, when those puppies hit ice, you're *gone*!!

Regardless, good to see her out and about and smiling during what's got to be a really tough time for both her and Andrew. :)

18. zilam98

zilam98 Well-Known Member

couldnt agree more! i had my foot injury during monsoon season and still had to work with crutches. i thought i'd have additional injuries while trying to hop on wet parking lots with crutches.

19. The Observer

The Observer New Member

Andrew & Kaitlyn are a real-life couple?

20. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

They say that its "platonically shared"

21. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

It is possible to platonically share an apartment with the opposite sex, even economical. But even if it's more I don't understand the "insinuations" with all the "quotation marks" as it doesn't seem that interesting either way nor something they make a big deal of either way.

22. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I can understand all the speculation as they do make a beautiful couple, but perhaps they just want to keep their private lives private, and we must respect that. No doubt about it though, is they do have a "connection" on ice that is very nice.

23. screech

screech Well-Known Member

And their have been some clips showing them backstage where it appears they are sharing 'moments'. If they are a couple, I doubt it's a surprise to anyone. If they aren't, it's wonderful that they are able to both live and train together, and seem like such good friends. They are great together on the ice.

And I'm sure he's making a rather sexy nurse while taking care of her. Her injury of course... ;)

24. twizzle49

twizzle49 Member

And they are much better for you- don't damage nerves in the underarm area. I have a pair I got in Europe 10 years when I travelled there for surgery. I have lent them out to many, many people in the last 10 years and everyone loves them (as much as you can love crutches). People always ask where we got them.

25. NarumiAyane

NarumiAyane New Member

I was just using the quotations to indicate that its what Kaitlyn/Andrew said in an interview :rolleyes:

26. tut88

tut88 Member

;)

27. tut88

tut88 Member

we all respect their private lives. This PLATONIC thing arrives from an article...

28. tut88

tut88 Member

Still any news about her ????
    Nationals are out, 4 CC too, how about Worlds ? and any possibility to go to WTT instead of VM ? ( VM fans don't kill me it's just a Q )