Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Really

Really No longer just a "well-known member" Yay!

My favourite thing about Kaetlyn is that when she has problems, like on the lutz in the LP today, she doesn't let go of the performance. That's something that's hard to teach! I wish her well for the rest of her Olympic experience!

2. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I'm hoping she got her mistakes behind her and can focus on skating her best in the "singles". She's always such a joy to watch.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Kaetlyn’s exuberant tweet about winning the silver medal made our local news broadcast today. :lol: She really does have a wonderful attitude. Pleased to hear such nice words from Scott Moir too. :) Not quite the FP performance she was hoping for I’m sure, but still very good, especially given how little time she’s had to train it. Her protocols are quite good actually – all positive GOE’s except for the fall. Hope she enjoys training in Germany and comes back refreshed and ready to attack.

4. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

I am so glad she won an Olympic medal because no matter how impressive she was in the team event (especially in the short), the judges didn't seem to have warmed up to her. Her PCS were ridiculous when she had the most complex program of all the ladies and she sold it well. I think she is destined to finish a 5th or 6th even if clean because the judges have already made up their minds. No one dares step in Lipnitskaya's way. It's sad.

Erin and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I love that long program! The short is so cheap in comparison, she really is a huge talent and the most fun loveable personality in the ladies event. I'm loving the progress she has made to her skating this past year, and I love that she is an Olympic silver medalist. :) Hoping for a top ten and then a world medal! :cheer2: I like her so much more than any other Canadian lady ever.

I think we're back on the same page again with the ladiezz world/olympic contenders Marco :D

Last edited: Feb 10, 2014
    Erin and (deleted member) like this.
  6. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

:fragile:

But I actually like all her programs from last and this seasons.

7. Karpenko

Karpenko Well-Known Member

I like 3 out of the 4 - I blame the gloves, I just can't. The choreography is always detailed and well-presented though.. I just can't like the SP. I would rather see Olga Markova do that number, not Kaetlyn. I hope she goes flamenco soon, or something like The Addams Family or Sarabande. I want to see Kaetlyn tap into her darker side. :D

8. shutterbug

Canadian Kaetlyn Osmond gets her chance as centre of attention

Ravi tweeted a very nice photo of Kaetlyn and Joannie the other day: http://t.co/NhqHgoGEES She's scheduled to skate 8th in the SP.

9. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

10. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Good luck, Kaetlyn. Bring the joy to the ice and skate your best. You can do it.

11. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

It appears Kaetlyn is skating in the full CSOI tour this year. Also included are Virtue & Moir, Chan, Buttle, Rochette, Sawyer, Duhamel & Radford, Weaver & Poje, and Browning. Considering how new Kaetlyn is, this is quite the accomplishment. Others have taken years before receiving an invitation. Together with her fame as Canadian champion, her performance skills make her an ideal participant.

12. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

That, indeed, is great news. She will benefit by this for certain.

13. shine

shine Well-Known Member

Bring it on in the SP, Kaetlyn! <3

14. puglover

puglover Active Member

I have my tickets for CSOI - sounds like a fantastic line up! Go Kaetlyn!

15. spikydurian

I love Kaetlyn's joyful performances. She's a natural. Wow. I am sooo jealous. No SOIs in Down Under. Maybe I could email them and ask them the possibility of touring in Australia!

16. puglover

puglover Active Member

Hey - but if you live in Australia I am jealous!!

17. Jot the Dot Dot

Jot the Dot Dot Headstrong Buzzard

I have my ticket for CSOI as well. If I may make a suggestion for fans if you have a printer: Google images for '(your province/state)/Silhouette' 'Heart' and 'Kaetlyn Osmond' and print out each one. Then arrange them with tape or glue on an 8X10 blank sheet in a way that reads symbolically, say: "Manitoba Loves Kaetlyn". Take it to a local printing shop and have them put it on a t-shirt. Joining the CSOI Fan Club gives you a chance for a 'Meet & Greet' with cast members. There is no guarantee on who you'll meet, only that it will be at least two skaters. On the lucky chance that you do meet her, her reaction to the shirt will be a sweet memory for both of you, not to mention a great photo.

18. blueglass

blueglass New Member

That's great for her. I hope MTM get an invite too.

19. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

20. fscric

fscric Active Member

Good luck with the competition!

21. shutterbug

Oh yay! :cheer2: I was hoping she'd be invited to do at least western Canada, but this is fabulous. She'll be a great addition.

Best of luck to her tomorrow!!! I might be too nervous to watch live. Ack. Better me than her I guess. :lol:

22. Enchanted

Enchanted New Member

Can you explain me why Kaetlyn's transition scores have been so low in Sochi?

Weird interview. I thought she graduated last summer.

Anyway Good Luck for tomorrow!

Last edited: Feb 19, 2014
  23. Manaud

Manaud New Member

Let's hope she uses this opportunity to expand her horizons and learn from the top skaters. I want to give her the benefit of the doubt because of all of her injuries, but I was really expecting better programs this year. She has the technical ability but it seems as though her short in particular is very juniorish this year. I am not expecting coaching changes or anything like that, just hoping for possible collaboration with someone outside the team to spice things up a bita

24. ichiro

ichiro Member

I was thinking the same thing. I wouldn't mind her staying to Lance Vipond for the short, but maybe getting outside help for the long. I wouldn't mind..Lorri, David W, or anyone else :)

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  25. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I too think that David or Lori could be wonderful for her.

26. spikydurian

Emdee, you forgot Jeff Buttle.:)

27. blueglass

blueglass New Member

From what I've read previously, I don't think her family could afford the cost of the choreographers suggested here, especially not Nichols or Wilson. I agree it's time to bring some maturity into her programs. Who is there out there?

28. manhn

manhn Well-Known Member

Oh, I didn't know that costs was an issue for her. Where can you donate money? Is Buttle expensive too? I would also like to see her work with Rohene Ward. I think she'd work well with him.

29. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Don't recall Buttles style for women. Both David and Lori are tried and true for women.
    Lori will give her improved technical footwork. David will give a program to suit her personality.

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Dubreil and Lausanne waitressed in summer to put them through their training.
    As an Olympian KO may get some support now.