Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Sep 29, 2012.

1. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

:lol: :lol: :lol:

2. Coco

Coco Well-Known Member

LOL, not if you're spelling your initials!

But now I want some hot cocoa!!

3. Domshabfan

Domshabfan Well-Known Member

She should not get another GP based on the rule, no matter what her results are at skate Canada. I hope GP rules are not changed for the sake of Canada. Katelyn is me skaters to the seniors and should have to obey the same rules as others.

4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

5. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

We all want hot Coco. ;)

6. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Man, you are on a roll aren't you!!!

I like Osmond - nice lines, huge jumps, lots of energy.

7. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

The lines are one thing she could improve on. She has high jumps, good energy and the program has loads of transitions but she could be extending her movements better.

Last edited: Oct 4, 2012
  8. Katarzyna

Katarzyna Well-Known Member

I saw her live in Oberstdorf and was quite impressed. She really attacked the jumps and the programme. Actually I didn’t even mind that her freeskate was to Carmen. I’m usually not a fan of the Canadian ladies, but I really liked this girl – lots of speed and power & big jumps. :cheer:

9. PairSk8Fan

PairSk8Fan Banned Member

Tracey Wainman.

Cynthia Phaneuf.

Kaetlyn Osmond.

Next?

10. Proustable

Proustable New Member

Ouch. Why do yo think she's more in that group than any other?

11. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I would like to say
    Liz Manley
    Joannie Rochette
    Kaetlyn Osmond
    instead

There is a joy in her skating which I love.

12. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Kaetlyn also got 3 PCS scores over 7 in the LP which is insane. Took Rochette until about the fall of 2008 to get there. KO did it in her first senior international. Yikes.

13. alilou

alilou Crazy Stalker Lady

Also when Cynthia had her early success she had not yet gone through puberty and growth spurt. Don't know about Wainman.

Keatlyn has already has her adult body (though she mat yet grow taller) and has obviously retained her jumps through the change. For this reason I'm more hopeful that she will fulfill this early potential. Physically she's not a little kid like Lipnitskaya still is.

14. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Tracy Wainman was 12 and definitely pre-growth spurt when she was sent to Worlds the first time. So yeah.

15. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Yes, this was what I thought also. Her build is very mature for her age, so I'm assuming she won't have the issues that other teenage skaters have which is promising. I don't know what her height is, but she appears to be fairly tall.

16. hohoho

hohoho Member

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Here's hoping!!!! Right now, she needs all the competitions she can get to give her the experience.

18. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

Yeah...esp if she's the lone rep for Canada at Worlds in London. Needs competitions under her belt.

Don't want another Jennifer Robinson/Edmonton/96 sitch which began the death spiral to no ladies entries in Nagano.

19. spiral9509

spiral9509 Skating is Language

20. hohoho

hohoho Member

21. Sylvia

22. DustPuppyOI

DustPuppyOI Well-Known Member

23. peibeck

peibeck Counting down the days 'til Skate America

Goodness I hope this talented youngster doesn't get the "Gracie Gold" treatment from the media in terms of hype. Looking forward to her performances at Skate Canada.

24. hohoho

hohoho Member

Reading the interview and what Osmond, her coach Ravi, and choreographer Lance are saying, it seems they have a plan and are sticking to it. They are away from the "hype" centers in Edmonton. Both Ravi and Lance were Senior competitors. Seems like they are a good match and keeping things calm and in check.

Last edited: Oct 12, 2012
  25. hohoho

hohoho Member

I believe Osmond remains the only Canadian lady qualified for worlds with the minimum TES scores. Lacoste has SCI and CoC. I would assume 4CC. Has any of the Canadian JGP ladies attained the scores require for JW, 4CC, or Worlds?

26. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yes, all three of them have met the JW minimums and 4CC minimums.

Daleman has met the SP minimum for Worlds at Germany and just missed the FP minimum at both of her events, but she is too young for Worlds or 4CC anyway, as she needed to be 15 by July 1 (and won't be until this coming January). Chartrand met the FP minimum at both of her events, but just missed the SP minimum in Croatia. She could have another chance if she were to attend either Jr. Worlds or 4CC. I don't think Seguin has met either Worlds minimum, but again could have a shot at either Jr. Worlds or 4CC if named to one of those teams. Lacoste has also met the SP minimum, so she has at least two shots to get the FP minimum (3 if named to 4CC)...and of course, would need to beat Osmond to actually get to Worlds.

27. hohoho

hohoho Member

I believe it is very much a given that Osmond and Lacoste go to 4CC. They seem to be the only two seniors SC are investing in especially when SC gives a host spot to Russia at SCI. Osmond already has TES for worlds and in her first GP. So really no stress. Lacoste requires the TES and I would think want to place ahead of Osmond to get confidence going into Nationals. Should be interesting. Hopefully Osmond/Lacoste can put on a better show than Lacoste/Phaneuf at 4CC.

Lacoste had her mistakes in SLC. I find the scores there inflated (especially when looking at Gracie Gold scoring). Osmond was second out of the gate at Nebelhorn and a relative unknown and held onto 2nd in the short. Same in the freeskate, she was second in the last flight with medal contenders following. So I don't think she had the benefit of score inflation as much as SLC.

28. Sylvia

29. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Kaetlyn was impressive in her practice. Good luck to her. Hope she will medal here. Kaetylyn, go :kickass:

30. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Ditto ^^^^