Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

She can pull that off. Having one of her programs be show tunes makes sense for her personality.
    I hope Sweet Charity is NOT Big Spender. That music turns me off a little. Anything else would work.

2. mag

mag Well-Known Member

Big Spender drives me nuts, especially when it is a six year old skating to it :eek:

Even Kaetlyn is a bit young for it.

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Pretty dresses. :) Definitely an improvement from last season. Let’s hope Ravi approves. :lol: Possibly her SP music could be If My Friends Could See Me Now. A bit more appropriate than Big Spender IMO. She and Ravi were here in Winnipeg on the weekend to do a seminar with our competitive skaters, and she tweeted this photo of what I assume is the closing pose from one of her new programs.

4. Marco

Marco Missing Ziggy

The last lady who skated to Cleopatra at the Olympics had a pretty awesome season. :p

5. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

Rich man's Frug! Pretty please?

6. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

Wow.. I can imagine Kaetlyn skating to both music and playing two different roles. Sweet and vivacious versus exciting and dramatic. Can't wait! :cheer:

7. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think that the music selection suits her personality.
    Cannot wait to see the programs.
    I dont think those will be the final costumes but they are certainly costumes in the making.
    Joannie used to use a designer in Quebec - I think Yuna used her also for the last Olys. I wonder if its the same one.

Last edited: Jul 11, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  8. honey

honey Active Member

Yes, this is the same designer that used to do Joannie and Yuna. You can see some of Joannie's dresses on the wall behind Kaetlyn :)

9. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

Does anyone know which "Cleopatra" this refers to? (I cringe to think its the same musical wallpaper as Miki Ando's 2010 LP, Or Cynthia Phaneuf's unbelievably campy "Mission Cleopatra" :D)

10. rosewood

rosewood Well-Known Member

I believe the designer did the costumes of many other elite skaters such as Cynthia Phaneuf, Mao Asada and others whose choreographers are mostly Canadians. I love the beautiful costumes of Joannie's done by her.:)

11. luna_skater

luna_skater Well-Known Member

12. essence_of_soy

essence_of_soy Well-Known Member

If it's Sweet Charity, I keep having flashbacks to Sarah Hughes' 525,600 minute long exhibition she skate at Vancouver Worlds.

13. Alixana

Alixana Definitely NOT a sonogram

It felt *that* long, huh? ;) I have to agree with you.

14. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

I think Kaetlyn will have fun with that program. I'm thinkin' the black dress is for that one as Shirley McLaine wore a "little black dress" throughout the movie. I'm sure this is a program that will "fly by" quickly and be very entertaining. I'm sure she'll "nail it". :)

15. halffull

halffull The most wonderful time of the year :)

Can't wait to see both programs :) Like that both her dresses are fairly simply yet classy ... I especially like the cream one.

16. shutterbug

New article: Pilates and planks give this Canadian champion skater a jump on the competition

The flights for the Wild Rose Invitational have been announced - Kaetlyn is scheduled to compete in both the senior women's short and free events.

"Classy" is the word my mom used to describe the dresses too. :) She remembers "Sweet Charity" from when it was in the theatres, and thinks Kaetlyn will do a marvelous job with the music. I generally prefer understated dresses, especially for skaters like Kaetlyn who have already have plenty of personality.

17. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Absolutely nothing robotic about Kaetlyn.......she oozes personality. I can hardly wait to see her new programs. Nothing boring about this young skater...much credit to her and Ravi.......so far it sounds like great choices for the Olympic year.

18. spikydurian

:cheer2:

19. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I think the white dress will have a lot more shine to it.
    I did find the cut very elegant.

20. shutterbug

21. clarie

clarie Well-Known Member

Great article....just read it and was about to post, but you beat me to it shutterbug. I don't mind "Big Spender" and I think Kaetlyn will put a nice spin on it. She's very believable when she does her flirty moves. Can't wait to see both her new programs...........still some time to wait :(

22. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

I agree with you Clarie. I think the music will suit both Kaetlyn and Vipond Choreo. She is a very sexy and charismatic skater.

23. spikydurian

Kaetlyn has tons of personality. I too look forward to what this gorgeous girl has in store for all of us!

24. blueglass

blueglass New Member

Long sigh :) I know everyone hates Phantom and Carmen, but for me it's a toss up which I dislike more - Big Spender or Sing, Sing, Sing. Why are these pieces so popular with skaters?

25. spikydurian

Give her a chance, blueglass. I will take anything from Kaetlyn.

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  26. The Accordion

The Accordion Well-Known Member

But it's Rich Man's Frug for the 2nd half! I was reallllllly hoping she was using this! :) Also I think that Big Spender will work for her as well!

27. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

I saw her at the West Edmonton Mall at the start of June, working on the Sweet Charity program with Lance Vipond, and I think it will be a great program for her. It's really fast and has all kinds of unusual moves in it, it's not just Fosse jazz hands all over the place.

28. blueglass

blueglass New Member

I think you've nailed the reason I don't like it. I'm sure Vipond and Ravi will make it work - though I may have to plug my ears during that part of it. :)

29. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

Re-posting from the Canadian Summer Competitions thread in Kiss and Cry - Sr. Ladies SP is on Saturday, Aug. 10 (Calgary is Mountain time - 2 hours behind Eastern):
    Wild Rose event info: http://www.skateabnwtnun.com/en-us/competitions/20122013season.aspx

30. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Any videos of Kaetlyn's new programs?