Kaetlyn Osmond - Canada's hope

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Emdee, Sep 29, 2012.

1. Cachoo

Cachoo Well-Known Member

He's 40??!! Thanks for posting---the words I think of when I watch her skate are fresh of refreshing or breath of fresh air. I said before that her joy reminds me of Kwan's joy when she skated. Her skating skills are all her own. How refreshing. ;)

2. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

A July 2009 article about Lance Vipond: http://web.icenetwork.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20090729&content_id=6130774&vkey=ice_news

3. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

Pre-worlds article: Canadian Kaetlyn Osmond has reached world prominence much quicker than anticipated

They certainly have accomplished this goal. I watched the women’s free program from Jr. Worlds this weekend, and couldn’t picture Kaetlyn still skating at this level even though she has two years of eligibility left.

Well, maybe not Sochi ;), but 2018, you never know……I just wish she’d had the opportunity to go to Worlds at least once as our #2 woman. :( Hopefully it will be a good experience for her.

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  4. venja

venja New Member

I see where you are coming from, but I wish the mentality would change to go big or go home, especially with Canadian women. Someone like Yuna Kim did not have the luxury of being the #2 woman and look what she accomplished.

Going to worlds as #1 or #2 for the first time would most likely be a shock for anyone.

I hope that Kaetlyn's experience at 4CC has been valuable that she will place well at worlds, hopefully giving Canada two spots at the Olympics.

5. Rock2

Rock2 Well-Known Member

I *think* she is more inspired by a home crowd vs a foreign crowd. I think the 4CC jitters and the super strong ladies field are forcing us all to embrace that top 10 is not the lock it would have been if she was skating even a year or two ago. Maybe that's taking the pressure off everyone in this go round. Still, her name just has to come up on everyone's list skaters with strong potential to hit top 10.

SP will be so key. If she skates it like she did at SC, she would score about 65 which could place her in top 8 and drag some PCS love into the LP to keep her afloat. A fall and mid-50s and I think the dream would be over for this year.

6. bonmil

bonmil Member

Good Luck at Worlds, Kaetlyn! Be proud, be happy and be strong. Do your best and we'll all be rewarded!

7. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Edmonton Journal article: ‘Full family sacrifice’ big reason behind success of Edmonton figure skater Kaetlyn Osmond
    Excerpt:

Last edited: Mar 12, 2013
  8. sonya71

sonya71 New Member

9. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

Maybe you should read the article? Her parent's sound like great supportive people and I'm sure Kaetlyn is aware of the sacrifices her parent's have made for both her and her sister.

Who knows, maybe a potential sponsor will read the article and help her family contribute to her training costs? :D

10. Habs

Habs Well-Known Member

Don't be so quick to judge an article without reading it... it's actually a really nice piece.
    It's nice to read that she has such a supportive family.

11. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Kaetlyn looking jittery on practice, shaky run through of the short pops a few salchows but she's getting her legs under her now. Here's hoping she gets the shakes out now and performs the hell out of it all in competition!

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

Even if she has a rough short program, that isn't necessarily awful. This is her first worlds, and she just needs to get through it. A problem in the short is an opportunity to learn to come back strong in the free skate. At Kwan's first worlds, she single-handedly fought in the freeskate to break the top 10 and keep two USA spots. It was a good experience. Whatever happens will make Osmond stronger after this.

13. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

Oh absolutely! She's had a magical season already, she should just appreciate that and relax. She's in a tough practice group too with the three Japanese girls, I think that's part of what's making her a bit spooked.

I did notice she got *huge* applause when they announced her name and then later her music.

ETA: After falling on a couple of lutzes, she just went and nailed a 3lutz-3toe :cheer:

14. rvi5

rvi5 Active Member

Perhaps she has been working towards getting the edge calls out of her lutzes. In the beginning, it can throw you off your game when you suddenly change your habits. We shall see if she succeeded soon enough.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  15. shutterbug

shutterbug Well-Known Member

The latest: Canada’s Kaetlyn Osmond living in, loving figure skating worlds spotlight

Coach Ravi not showing her any mercy :lol::

How much you wanna bet he asked for her to be in the practice group with the Japanese girls? Tough love baby. ;)

16. Emdee

Emdee Well-Known Member

Tough love works
    Kaetlyn rocked her program.
    Her smile lit up the rink and we were on our feet for the last half minute

17. pani

pani Well-Known Member

Just WOW!
    Now i am nervouse- could ice dancers support all others teammates, who showed there best?

18. Lissa

Lissa New Member

Kosnter in 2nd after falling on her ass........wow judging is phenominal today :rolleyes::lol:

19. Mayra

Mayra Well-Known Member

And you posted this in a thread about Kaetlyn why?! :confused:

Thrilled for Kaetlyn! She really held it together in the short. Here's hoping she can move up. :cheer2:

20. bmcg

bmcg Well-Known Member

Can you stop making snide little comments in various fan related threads about the results. Everything you post is so whiney and obnoxious.

21. sequins

sequins New Member

Way to go Kaetlyn! :cheer2: I really think having Worlds at 'home' is a huge help to her. It's nice. Here's to a great LP, and I hope all this Canadian magic brushes off on the ice dancers!

22. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

Right! Nice article and also there is a clickable headline next to it about Jessica Amy Sergent. A figure skater who works many hours to fund her skating. I like that the paper is showing there are different ways to fund training.

Good luck in the FS Kaetlyn!

23. PeterG

PeterG Argle-Bargle-ist

Is it possible for Kaetlyn to place at a certain spot that would allow Canada three women to go to the Olympics? Or can that only be done with two skaters? If one skater can do it, how high do they need to place to get three spots for their country? It was a joy to see Kaetlyn skate as well as she did yesterday. I'm so looking forward to seeing her skate tomorrow, along with so many other great ladies. I'm imagining that Kaetlyn already feels she's won by being able to warm up in the same group as Yu-Na, Carolina, Mao, Ashley and Kanako. That in itself will be a golden moment for her. :respec:

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  24. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I think Canada gets three if she places top 2. She might need to win, but I think it is 2.

25. Erin

Erin Well-Known Member

Yes, it is top 2, but I'm not holding my breath for that one.

26. cbd1235

cbd1235 Active Member

I got to watch her live in London today. As an objective viewer, she was definitely the best today. Of course the results and scores were fair, I simply mean that she stole the show from the other ladies.

Wishing her good luck Saturday :)

27. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Lucky you! Glad you were there to see it:)

Congratulations, Kaetlyn, and best of luck in the FS!

28. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member

Any video?

29. shine

shine Well-Known Member

30. bbkenn

bbkenn Well-Known Member