Just a whine...

Discussion in 'Moves In The Field' started by danceronice, Feb 4, 2013.

1. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

I FINALLY found a rink with midday weekday public sessions--still might be crowded, it's a college rink, but still. Less than an hour away, a direction I go anyway, yays! I haven't skated in ages, I'll probably be sore and I ought to have my boots re-fitted (maybe the rink shop has the little oven)....

....and this morning we had yet another lake-effect snow warning, schools with two-hour delays or cancellations, and the counties plowing as fast as they can and no faster. Boo. Yes, I can go tomorrow, and I got to take the dogs (doggies + foster dog) for a long walk, but I was so excited to skate again!

2. treesprite

treesprite Member

Awesome :) Have lots of fun back at skating!

3. danceronice

Well, I'm gonna feel it tomorrow. And I told myself "be happy if crossovers come back right away, don't aim big." So of course I couldn't leave until I managed those, front and back, mohawks (I had to start on the boards), forward threes my "good" way (RFO, LFI), a wobbly spin (I am SO posturally out of whack) and some pre-pre level edge stuff. And met lots of nice people. I'm kind of glad, though, schedule means I will probably have to start slow. And we will see how I feel in the morning!

4. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Welcome back to the ice! Chances are you will be sore the next day, but it will be for a good cause -and 'good sore' :).

5. Bunny_Hop

Bunny_Hop New Member

So glad you found somewhere to skate! :) It feels great when everything works out. Have fun!

6. danceronice

I'm kind of hoping prednisone is the reason for the screaming inflamed tendons--wanted to skate 3 times this week but I really, really need to rest my legs, especially with a competition this Friday. At least the weather's cooperating to make driving really a bad idea as I'm kind of bad about listening to pain. I like how we'll just blindly trust skating people, too (yay for the very nice person who ran my skates up to Kalamazoo for sharpening! They desperately needed it.)