Junior Worlds Korea

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by dupagegal, Mar 2, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

Ok So we can see where the Junior pairs are goin already. The best the US can do for the short is 8th? and 11th? We are doin something wrong IMHO. When are we going to get serious about pairs in this country?

2. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

Shouldn't this be discussed in the Junior Worlds forum in the Kiss and Cry section? Or the pre-existing US Pairs thread here in the Trash Can if you want to focus just on the state of pairs in the US.

ETA: Why focus on the negative when expectations are not that high for the 2 US pairs at Junior Worlds? Preserving 2 spots for next year is a main goal.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  3. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the 8th place team, but the 11th place team has been together for less than a year, and it's only the second season that the man has competed pairs at all (one season with another partner).

Seems like that's not too shabby to me. I agree that the US needs to focus on pairs, but I think these two pairs are doing okay.

IIRC, both pairs are junior by USFSA level, not just age. It's not like other disciplines where we have young senior level skaters who are eligible by age to go to junior worlds.

Aren't the Chinese pair that are currently in first place the Chinese National Champions, and medaled at the Senior Grand Prix Final? Of course that level of skating will be difficult for the US junior champions and bronze medalists to compete with.

Last edited: Mar 2, 2011
  4. dupagegal

dupagegal New Member

Sylvia not all of us have access to the kiss and cry area. This thread is for all of Junior Worlds not just pairs. I just started off with pairs because they just completed their short. I believe the best way to improve our pairs situation is to talk about it. Generate ideas and put them to action. As for expectations not being high we sent our best juniors right.....Your words "Preserving 2 spots" is funny. I was thinking some day we DOMINATE in pairs. Some how preserving 2 spots feels like settling for something less than what we are capable of.

5. allezfred

allezfred Mince Pie Depriving Admin Staff Member

You can view the Kiss & Cry area by obtaining a Season Pass and by doing so help to support FSU and keep us online. :)

There is a whole forum for Junior Worlds and that is where discussions of the competition on FSU should take place, so I'm going to close this thread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.