Junior Men 2014: An exciting crop

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by johndockley92, Apr 7, 2013.

1. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

I was just thinking about how amazing this year is going to be in Junior men at Nationals. Shotaro will have more time with these hard jumps under his belt and I'm sure will have improved consistency that he seemed to have lacked in earlier seasons, I think we could see him in the JGPF. Jordan has the triple-triple down and I hear his Axel is coming along well also. I hope Nathan is healthy, because he's sure to be the person to beat if so and will definitely be a threat to even WIN the JGPF if he is. Last, but definitely not least is Vincent Zhou who is of course the defending champ! Vincent showed us a wide repertoire of jumps and durability this past season, from his Rippon Lutz, Tano Flip, and even ending his program with a triple triple combination. He also has fast spins and is quite the artistic, exciting young man. I've also heard about him being very close to the 3A.

Nathan had the highest score on the JGP last year at well over 200 points. Vincent won last year with a score of over 200 points, even with his 3-3 being UR in both programs, Shotaro scored over 200 points on his way to JW bronze, and I think Jordan is also capable of a score of 200+. In the end, I think we will have THREE men at Nationals next year with a score of 200 + !!! Looking at the up and coming talented men from Novice and the other men in Junior this last season, I think it would be very tough for any of them to make a break onto the podium and that this group will fight it out for the medals. Jordan has the skating skills and artistry, Shotaro has the jumps, Nathan and Vincent have a bit of everything. It may very well come down to who is the best on that day. Truly this will be an exciting event in my opinion :)
  2. euterpe

euterpe Well-Known Member

Vincent Zhou is NOT eligible for the JGP and JW this coming season, as he won't turn 13 until October 2013. But I suspect that by the time he debuts on the JGP in the fall of 2014, he will have his 3A.

Vincent will probably stay Junior for 2014 Nationals, but some of the others may move up to Senior. Sotaro will be 18 in October, so he will probably move up. Nathan turns 14 next month, and be eligible for International Bs this coming season, so he might move up to Senior. Jordan Moeller may stay Junior to try for the Junior championship.
  3. johndockley92

johndockley92 New Member

2014 refers to this upcoming season, I'm pretty sure these guys are all staying junior for this year. Should be quite the battle. Hopefully we'll see Zhou vs Chen at junior for the next 2 seasons :D
  4. ChibiChibi

ChibiChibi Active Member

As euterpe said, I think Shotaro will move up to senior nationally, and Nathan might, too. Internationally, however, they will stay in junior.
  5. Cant Skate

Cant Skate Member

Keep an eye on Canadian Novice silver medalist Eric Liu who is most likely moving up to Junior next season. This kid is 11 or 12, has all his triples up to lutz and is working on 3A. He is definately going places!