Joubert & Abbott to Try Flamenco

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by sk9tingfan, Jun 8, 2010.

1. calica

calica Active Member

2. kirkbiggestfan

kirkbiggestfan Well-Known Member

Or a Spanish Matrix move. :lol:

jtpc and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

:lol: Since when does a Joubert program have anything to do with choreo or interpretation?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Maybe we will finally see the true Joubert!:HA!:
    Or maybe not.
    Anyway, I hope that he can get good choreo.

Abbot is a musical guy. I would love to see him doing ice dance (with Massimo...)

5. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

All so true! :rofl:

6. caseyedwards

caseyedwards Well-Known Member

I think Joubert would likely have a Flemenco costume and open his short program with some flamenco like move and also possibly end the routine with a flamenco like move. Obviously there is no Flamenco way to do a triple lutz or a quad triple or a flamenco way to a mohawk turn but maybe in costume and attitude he could do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

7. ioana

ioana Well-Known Member

Maybe he'll do a more subdued style of flamenco, like the Gallecia Flameco Kimmie Meisner used a few years ago. And, before anyone starts :angryfire, I'm only referring to the music. Although I liked the interpretation, too

8. briancoogaert

briancoogaert Well-Known Member

Really ? I'm a huge ABbott fan, and I loved the drama in his Tango LP in 2009 and the passion in his Waltz LP in 2008.
    I think that passion + drama can do a perfect Flamenco.
    Anyway, it depends so much on the music and the choreography. Let's wait and see ;)

At least, it's better taste than Joubert. :p

9. briancoogaert

Are you sure it's flamenco moves and not just because the rink is too sunny ? :cool:

10. REO

REO New Member

I agree with Mr Fan. I think Brian would be great with flamenco! He's all about the sexy macho posturing. I see it less with Jeremy but he's a good artist I think he could pull it off too. These could turn out to be great programs.

11. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

:lol:

I hope it´ll be Soleá for Abbot, so he can :drama: Bulerias for Joubert :smokin:, I´m just :swoon: and :rofl: with all the potential posing, posing and more posing :cheer2:

12. museksk8r

museksk8r Holding an edge and looking dangerously sexy

You're playing into my fantasies. :) As long as their dance involves a lot of kisses and hand holds. ;) *daydreams* :swoon::cheer2::encore:

13. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

I'm hoping for something by Manuel de Falla - maybe Ritual Fire Dance............
    Abbot should be able to interpret something like that.

REally looking forward to both Joubert's and Abbott's programs!

Last edited: Jun 8, 2010
  14. The Observer

The Observer New Member

I want to see Brian win Worlds next year, or at least beat Patrick Chan.

Go Brian!

skatefan and (deleted member) like this.
  15. nalgene

nalgene New Member

I think we're going to see two very different interpretations of Flamenco, each suited to the strengths of the skater. I can't wait!

jtpc and (deleted member) like this.
  16. Artifice

Artifice Guest

I believe it could be a good idea for Joubert to try Flamenco. But I'm not sure he will do justice to this style. I think he will be ok, not worst than his previous interpretations, maybe even sligthly better because flamenco can be played the stiff way, with manly gesture and Joubert likes it. But I don't see him having the feeling, the dancing quality to push the interpretation to something really deep or strong like Lambiel did, not even close.

17. briancoogaert

If we only think about what skaters did beautifully in the past, we would do nothing today.
    I hope Joubert won't try to skate like Stephane. It would be laughable !

18. mia joy

mia joy New Member

Ok, even though I've said myself that I don't actually see Joubert in a flamenco program, I think you people start being a bit too harsh on him (or just mean, take it as you wish). I mean, the guy obviously is trying to bring on something new and challenging, perhaps even take his interpretation to the next level, so this is what everyone has been expecting him to do right? I mean, yeah, we can be sceptical, I am myself, but not because I think Joubert is a robot who can't do anything but jump, but because it's kind of not his style (meaning might not suit his personality too well). And as long as I'm worried if it'll work, I will not laugh at it or mock it until I actually see it.

Same for Abbott actually - just give him a chance, perhaps he does have the fire within?

19. Mamouna38

Mamouna38 Active Member

I find that it is although Brian changes music style that it is flamenco, the tango etc.. I am impatient to see this programme.
    It would be "idiot"( je ne trouve pas d'autre mot pour le moment donc ne prenez pas mal mon propos:p) to compare both programmes of Abbott and of Brian, both skaters very differ and Najarro has talent to cook interesting programmes up..

20. MarieM

MarieM Grumpy Cynical Ice Dance Lover

But who said it was going to be flamenco ? :lol:
    It could be any other dance Navajo likes... Like a TANGO ;)

21. viv

viv New Member

:lol: My first thought also was: "Together???"

Well, no flamenco ever could be as good as Stephanes. I agree that a Flamenco doesn't seem to suit Jeremy that well - I just don't see him as that kind of personality, but maybe I am wrong.

As to Brian, I am afraid that he will use the same moves he did on the rythm-orientated techno for the last couple of years to a rythm-orientated flamenco, and we will have to watch it for the next couple of years. :rolleyes:

22. briancoogaert

Or something spanish like Gordeeva and Grinkov 1994 SP. Not really Flamenco, nor Tango. ;)

23. MarieM

Exactly ! ;)

24. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

I believe Jeremy will do Flamenco justice and I am sure it will worth the ticket prices to see him next season, Brian on the other hand only brings one thing to mind when it comes to Flamenco....:rofl:

25. key65man

key65man New Member

I understand Joubert has an engagement in Korea in July. Would it be possible that he showcases the new program, whatever it is, there? Love to see the program asap....

26. calica

calica Active Member

I doubt it.
    He always presents his new programs in the French master....in September

27. reut

reut Active Member

I think comparison to Stéphane's Flamenco won't do justice to neither of the two. So probably we shouldn't compare (well, actually as for now we have nothing to compare :D). And also, probably, both Brian and Jeremy will be smart enough not to take Flamenco at all. ;)

28. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

And thank goodness for that. :grope:

sweetsparky and (deleted member) like this.
  29. MarieM

Once for all : who said it was gonna be a flamenco for both ? :lol:

30. sweetsparky

sweetsparky Pasodoble is coming

Let me keep my flamenco dream :drama:

... even if I´ll accept Spanish generic program :shuffle: