Joran van der Sloot wanted in another murder

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by NancyNC, Jun 2, 2010.

1. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

2. Catherine M

Catherine M Well-Known Member

So sad for the family of the victim in Peru.

And the poor Holloway family, that did everything they could to get him put in jail over the past five years.

3. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

How horrible for the families of these young women.

4. Veronika

Veronika gold dust woman

Just horrible! I hope there is justice this time.

5. Beefcake

Beefcake Guest

Assuming vdS is guilty :)rolleyes:) ... I hope he fries.

Re: Mrs. Holloway's 5-year crusade against this [alleged/likely] sicko. Got lots of coverage in Alabama, and we heard her often repeat that they're working "so that he doesn't do this to another girl". :( that this might've been silver lining wasn't to be.

6. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

Ugh! How sick can he be?!?! I wonder what his parents are feeling now? That another family has to suffer the grief of a murdered daughter (most likely because of this creep). At least they will be able to have a burial unlike Natalee's parents. :( If he wasn't guilty, why did he "flee to Chile".:mad:

7. shadymc

shadymc New Member

The really creepy thing was that this was 5 years to the day since Natalee disappeared.

I cannot believe anyone would go out with this guy. It's not like they didn't know what happened before. I know he was never convicted, but the evidence is pretty scary. He is on tape saying that he buried Natalee's body, (although he said she fell over dead from being drunk). Why even take a chance on him?

May both of these women RIP.

8. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

She might not have known who he was; he could've used a fake name, and many people wouldn't have known what he looked like. I wouldn't have myself, not having followed the Holloway case very closely. :( Poor girl. May she rest in peace . . . and may this psychopath finally get caught and face justice.

9. silverstars

silverstars New Member

I wonder how his wealthy daddy is going to get him out of this one.

I hope that he finally gets what he deserves. This is so sad for that girl's family, especially considering, with the evidence that they had against him for the Holloway case, it seems like it could have been prevented had justice actually prevailed.

10. redonthehead

redonthehead Well-Known Member

I don't know about his mom because nothing was ever really said about her. But his dad died back in the fall of last year which is why they re-opened/investigated him again for Natalee's death.

I hope they are able to prove that he is guilty (if he is and I believe he is) so that Natalee and this girl from Peru can RIP.

11. genegri

genegri Active Member

This happened exactly 5 years later to the day of Natalee's disappearance. How creepy!

I hope there is justice this time.

12. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

Also, who knows how much coverage, if any, the Halloway story got in Peru. I'm sure the story wouldn't have gotten as much coverage in the US if Nathalee weren't from the US.

13. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I don't think the girl necessarily knew who he was, at least not before he was able to make a good impression and "woo" her. If I met a good looking guy and he introduced himself as Joran, well, no bells would have rung in my head. I am going to hope she had no clue who he was.

I hope they find him, I can't believe he did it again after getting away with it the first time.

14. nyrak

nyrak Active Member

I just saw this on Nancy Grace....how awful and how ironic it happens on the fifth anniversary of Natalee's disappearance. At least it seems like they have a lot of evidence & a body in this new case, now they just need him.

May both ladies rest in peace and justice prevail.

15. MOIJTO

MOIJTO Banned Member

As the rule of the universe goes, what goes around...comes around.

His day was coming and hopefully it has arrived!

16. skatemommy

skatemommy Well-Known Member

I hope this rich little brat gets everything coming to him and then some. He can't be too bright, the hotel room was registered in his name. I read he might be in Argentina. Hopefully he will use his credit card and they find him instantly.

17. BigB08822

BigB08822 Well-Known Member

I'm sure the family of the murdered girl is singing karma's praises. :rolleyes:

18. Rob

Rob Beach Bum

Sounds like they have a witness who saw them entering his room. Too bad his day came at the expense of another young woman and her family.

Her cousin is saying that he talked with her about the Holloway case just a month ago. She had seen a special on it. I guess she didn't realize who he was.

Peru is saying they have international arrest warrant. Chile is saying they haven't received a warrant - they have just been asked to locate him. I hope he doesn't manage to slip away.

19. Civic

Civic New Member

I wouldn't know Joran van der Sloot if I tripped over him. Once a previous poster mentioned Natalee Holloway I remembered who he was. But I still couldn't pick him out of a lineup.

20. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

21. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

22. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

23. NancyNC

NancyNC Well-Known Member

24. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Does Peru have the death penalty? Maybe if they do he can plea-bargain for life in prison by telling what really happened to Natalie. (Then again, not having seen a Peruvian prison, possibly he'd prefer death.)

25. Garden Kitty

Garden Kitty Tranquillo

I don't think they do, although there was some talk a few years ago about reintroducing one, IIRC.

26. silverstars

silverstars New Member

The girl would have been 16 and in Peru when it happened, so it's highly unlikely that she followed the Holloway case closely. I was 15 and in the US when Natalee disappeared, and there is no way I'd ever have recognized this guy.

I'm glad that they caught him. I hope that he gets what he deserves--he certainly hasn't been acting like an innocent man.

27. Gazpacho

Gazpacho Well-Known Member

:( :mad:

If anything good comes of this awful situation, it's that the Holloway family may finally get some answers if he spills the beans, and the other suspects in the Holloway case, if they are innocent, can get their names cleared.

28. ebayj

ebayj New Member

It is unlikely he would face the death penalty -

http://www.nowpublic.com/world/peru...-joran-van-der-sloot-be-executed-2624602.html

But he might wish they had it, given he would be culturally considered a child killer, which in US prisons occupies the absolute bottom rung in terms of status. He couldn't be housed with their general population - they would probably kill him just as soon as look at him.

29. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Please bring me up to speed: was there a lot of good evidence that he killed that American girl? And if so, how did he get off?

30. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

If there were good, strong evidence directly connecting him to Natalie's murder then he wouldn't have gotten off. There wasn't. I'm sure he was involved somehow in her death but unfortunately there's no definitive proof, at least in the court of law.

IceAlisa and (deleted member) like this.