Johnny's make up line for MAC

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by judiz, Oct 21, 2011.

1. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

2. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

That's pretty huge for him. Way to go, Johnny. :kickass:

3. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

4. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

Well, that's impressive, the real deal. Good for Johnny.

5. os168

os168 Active Member

Nice Gig Johnny! Lol... love the glitter! Love MAC!

6. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Great! Taking this to the Glamour Puss thread.

7. REO

REO New Member

The green shoes are so hot! And so Johnny.

8. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Ugh, why didn't they show a close up of Romero's work? Not that I will be wearing a red lip any time soon but still. It would have been nice to see what he had done.

9. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

^^They showed the model in semi close-up several times as Romero was finalizing the touches. Perhaps the set-up with all four participants did not allow for a closer camera angle on the model. That style/ technique for makeup (dramatic lip/ soft eyes and vice versa) was pioneered by the amazing make-up artist, Kevyn Aucoin --now deceased. His books: Making Faces, and Face Forward are must-sees.

Johnny is always so funny and has a way with words -- here describing his reaction to being asked to head this MAC campaign: "... a dust cloud was behind me because I was running to where ever I could be to do this..." Great honor for Johnny to be asked (one of only three men to head a MAC campaign -- in good company with Elton and RuPaul). Romero kept stressing that MAC was inspired by Johnny to make this line. The new ad campaign reminds me of one of Johnny's successful appearances at Fashion Week last year, when he skated on the ice with two female models, all in furs.

Nice to hear Johnny saying he is still skating and training, but obviously it must be hard. I remember some fans and observers being worried about Johnny being so thin and not eating during his early competitive days. He has more weight on him now, and it looks good, but a different look for him too on the ice. I'm lukewarm on Johnny coming back because I wonder will he be able to be competitive and bring something more to the table -- otherwise "Why come back?" Same goes for Evan. In any case, would Johnny be welcomed back with open arms? I'd love to see Johnny skating as Carmen (his comments about this are in the other Johnny thread in Trash Can), but it sounds more like something that would be made for a professional comp. Wish there was a viable professional venue/ option happening.

10. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

just a note, Johnny performed at a mall in Florida to officially open his collection, he skated with Brooke Castille and Denis and Melissa. Johnny also just tweeted that his boyfriend proposed to him and he accepted!

11. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Port de bras!!!

Congratulations to the happy couple! :)

12. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

Wow, congratulations! :)

13. REO

REO New Member

NO WAY!!! This is a shocker considering all the times he has said he's a loner when it comes to his living space. He has seemed besotted lately. Congrats to both of them!

14. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

It is a shock but so happy for Johnny, his boyfriend by the way is not connected to the world of skating or fashion.

15. os168

os168 Active Member

Whaaa.... great news Johnny, so happy for you!!!! (Anyone got a picture of Johnny's fiance?)

[btw... things like this could improve one's skating ya know :) ]

16. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Check Johnny's fan Facebook page for a photo, look at comments posted late Septenber and October after photos of Johnny and his friend Meg - can't remember exact date

17. REO

REO New Member

I saw the vid of Johnny Denis Melissa and Brooke in Fla. The "ice" was the size of a dime! I wonder how it is to skate on that stuff. Johnny and Denis' hair was tres cool. They outshone the girls.

18. LilJen

LilJen Well-Known Member

Congrats to him on both accounts!

19. centerpt1

centerpt1 Active Member

Aww. So happy for Johnny! Congrats!

20. dlynndao

dlynndao Member

Congrats to Johnny!! :)

Does anyone know if Vitya is one of the people pictured here (from Meg Carlozzi's bday)?
    http://yfrog.com/ntjq5pj

21. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Yes, the man in the front (with the hat)is designer Chris Benz, Vitya (not his real name) is on the other side of Johnny. (at least that is what my spy tells me). Until Johnny posts a photo himself, we can only speculate.

22. HisWeirness

HisWeirness FREE LYUBOV

:D :D :D :cheer: wheeee!!!!! :40beers: :biggrinbo

23. dinakt

dinakt Well-Known Member

More Congratulations to Johnny:) May his engagement and married life be a very happy one!

24. Pierre

Pierre New Member

I believe Johnny is marrying Victor Voronov. At least that's what I've heard. He's a lawyer and not connected to the skating world in any way.

25. Cherub721

Cherub721 YEAH!

Wow, that's awesome :cheer:

Can you even imagine what Johnny will wear at the ceremony? ;) I actually think he'll go traditional.

I had no idea he was in a relationship that was serious enough for an engagement. He didn't portray it on his reality show at all. That tells me that Johnny is serious about the relationship and that as much as he likes attention, he has the good sense to keep some things private. Honestly I think he's a lot more level-headed than he wants everyone to believe. :p

26. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Oct 24, 2011
  27. REO

REO New Member

He has a sweet smile. Cute.

28. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Awwww congrats to Johnny and his cute fiance (if that's him in the picture!).

I had no idea Johnny was in a relationship!

29. EBASKoroleva

EBASKoroleva New Member

Congrats to Johnny! I am so excited about his make-up line being addicted to make-up and MAC myself I will be checking it out on Thursday!

30. ryanbfan

ryanbfan New Member

I need all of it. Brb, off to check bank account and to see if I can pre-order.

It's all so beautiful...