Johnny Weir's redesigned site, "Skating with the Stars" publicity, latest outfits

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Sylvia, Nov 18, 2010.

1. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

FSO press release: http://figureskatersonline.com/news/2010/11/17/johnny-weir-launches-johnnygweir-com/

Reposting the following here from GSD:
    "Skating with the Stars" mention in New York magazine: http://nymag.com/daily/entertainment/2010/11/johnny_weir_to_host_skating_wi.html

Weir's outfit at the NYC premiere of the new Harry Potter movie: Hot or Not: Johnny Weir's Schoolboy Shorts Suit

2. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

3. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Me, too. I LOL'd..Love him!

4. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I miss his semi curly hair.

5. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

Johnny's stylist is channeling Mondo Guerra and Christian Sorreano. :D

6. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

:fragile: Bring back the old website. It was much better.

7. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Kind of weird site. The old one had so much more content and looked more professional.

8. REO

REO New Member

I think this one looks more up to date and it's super easy to navigate but the old one did seem to have more content in some areas. The graphics in the front are super. And we have a book cover now! I do like his schedule being current. I didn't know he was going to be a presenter at the AMAs! Very cool indeed. Can't wait to see his outfit for that one! The possibilities are endless. lol

9. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yeah, the new site is fresh and up-to-date, signalling Johnny moving forward beyond the world of just fs. As time passes, websites tend to be redesigned. Sort of like redesigning a room. Nothing ever stays the same.

10. Lanie

Lanie Well-Known Member

I really preferred the old site. More information, more cohesive, a better design.

11. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

12. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

ITA! The new site looks ugly and dead. The gray looks like smog. There is little warmth or bit of personality of Johnny in the new site. I hope he didn't actually pay for this new site design. :eek:

13. REO

REO New Member

Me too! I know he hates his curls but I love them. I guess everybody is like that. The grass is always greener syndrome.

14. REO

REO New Member

I find it amazing that the people who don't like it are the same people who don't like anything he's done since '06. lol I do agree though that it seems like he has less personal input. I used to love his journal entries, but the old site was not being kept current. I guess Twitter and Facebook have taken it's place so really we get a day to day journal of sorts so it's all good.

15. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Unless the :glamor: Tara Modlin Agentress Management houses slaves, somebody did. :bribe: ;)

Ha, lol, so not true.

16. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I

Last edited: Nov 21, 2010
  17. stjeaskategym

stjeaskategym Well-Known Member

A person from Figure Skaters Online has said that they do websites for the skaters for free.

18. REO

REO New Member

Thanks Kwanfan! That Ohio blogger is obviously a person of taste and refinement lol. I must say agree with her about Russell Brand too. He's kinda oogie. JMO