Johnny Weir's next role: Hidden dragon (USA Today article)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 7, 2013.

1. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

If the accuser is correct, then Victor would have had to be practicing law in Georgia to enter into the alleged agreements he entered into, but one of the responders on the rip-off report investigated and found Victor had no law license in Georgia, nor in new jersey or New york, although he advertises differently in his Lindeken profile. See :"Some advise for the author of this report" which appears below the rip-off report.

I wonder if Victor really did go into rehab for amphetamine abuse as the accuser said Victor's father had told him?

Can someone refresh my memory (if I ever knew lol), how Johnny met this young man. How long did they know each other before getting married? I hope Johnny has a prenupt.

2. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:confused: I don't see Victor listing a law licence in his Linked In profile.
    It says he has a law degree, which I don't think is in dispute, but I don't see any indication that he has a license to practice law.

3. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

In a few interviews from last year, Johnny mentioned he had met Victor at a Russian restaurant about five years ago but it didn't register because he thought Victor was straight. They were reintroduced in the summer of 2011 and Johnny learned Victor was gay, they started dating and were engaged in October and married in December 2011 after dating for six or seven months?

Victor was in the finale episode of BGJW, in that episode he told Johnny that he had a six year relationship with a girl and was in the closet the entire time and Johnny was his first relationship with a man. Victor came out to his family and friends two months before the wedding.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  4. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

He passed the bar exam but that doesn't automatically give you the law license, you have to be admitted to the Bar and Victor's DWI probably prevented him from being admitted to the New York Bar, not sure what his status is in New Jersey.

5. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

But has the DWI been verified? The only mention of it was in the information in the (questionable) Ripoff Report.

6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Yeah, the DWI happened in 2011, out of curiosity I googled Victor tonight and once you get past all the articles about the wedding, the newspaper article listing the arrest shows up.

Last edited: Mar 13, 2013
  7. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

really? there are many lawyers who had DWi's and DUi's..

i've even heard of lawyers with misdemeanor theft convictions
    it depends on the severity, circumstances and how long ago it happened

8. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

But maybe it's different if the DWI or DUI happens before you are admitted to the bar, as opposed to someone who had already been practicing law?

9. OliviaPug

OliviaPug Well-Known Member

I think you're right on.

O-

10. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

This topic is commonly asked on law school forums

It seems to be generally agreed that a single DWI/DUI by itself will not necessarily ruin your chances of getting into law school or passing the bar. Multiple offenses, on the other hand..
    Also I think there's a difference between committing an offense before law school vs during? And of course each state is different..

It's really case-by-case. They take into consideration how long it's been since the offense, and what the individual has done since to prove that they have changed. People are encouraged to be 100 percent honest and forthcoming about their transgressions.

edited to add a link to "international lawyers in alcoholics anonymous"
    O_O
    http://www.ilaa.org/home/

Last edited: Mar 14, 2013
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Rosier Juleps

Rosier Juleps New Member

what does DWI mean. I understand that DUI id drinking under influence (correct me if I am wrong) so what is the W for?

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

DWI is driving while intoxicated, the difference is the level of alcohol in the blood. I just went on google, this was the only information I could find so it appears to be only once that this happened. Maybe the stock fraud allegations are still under investigation and that's holding up the entrance to the bar?

Victor Voronov, 27, of Duluth, was arrested October 19 on Holcomb Bridge Road for DUI, not having a taglight and driving through a safety zone. - from The Beacon Newspaper 10/30/10 (Georgia)

13. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

If you look it up the State of GA uses the terms interchangeably. That said, this whole discussion is getting very dangerous and inappropriate. This is a man's name and reputation that are being discussed and it is about legal issues. If we were discussing opinions of Johnny's skating or even Johnny's outfits well, that's one discussion. Any errors of opinion or reporting re: Voronov's legal issues, status with any bar association (and the why's of that status which are BTW totally confidential), etc. are not territory for us amateurs. I suggest we move this discussion in a lighter direction or that the administration just end it. It isn't going anywhere good.

14. manleywoman

manleywoman podcast mistress

^ ITA Willoway.

15. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

I don't. Maybe I've missed something but most of these comments have links to support them.

16. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Well they certainly have nothing to do with skating or a skater and this is presumably "The Great Skate Debate."

17. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

That's true and maybe moving the thread is a good idea. That wasn't the suggestion, though.

18. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

A link doesn't make it true or right or worthy of repeating - the link doesn't change the nature of the information.

And speculation about someone's professional standing is just out of bounds for any of us.

19. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

:confused: What?? Why on earth would speculating about someone's professional standing be out of bounds?

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  20. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

There is nothing stopping Viktor, Johnny or someone representing them to set the record straight right here on FSU or anywhere else.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  21. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Let's take it to The Trash Can...

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

You're right, no more comments about Victor from me, except to mention again how much in love he and Johnny appear to be.