Johnny Weir's next role: Hidden dragon (USA Today article)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 7, 2013.

1. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

I thought someone hacked his Twitter and that's where the post begging for money came from?

2. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I don't like Kathy Griffin at all and had never watched her show before, but I was flipping channels this morning and saw that Johnny was going to be on, and decided to give it a try.

I still don't like Kathy Griffin at all. Johnny was the best part of the show. He even did a little skating on the floor at the end. Otherwise.....don't bother.

3. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I find Kathy so boring and unfunny. Her standup is like watching paint dry. And I've no idea how she got a talk show.

4. Prancer

Ditto. And having seen her talk show, I don't know why it's still on the air.

5. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Me either. I think the network forgot it's on.

6. meggonzo

Bravo is the same network that brings us quality shows such as Vanderpump Rules so that might tell you something ...

7. Prancer

After Kathy went off, the Shahs of Sunset came on. They are entering their third season and yet I have somehow managed to survive all this time without knowing of this trainwreck :eek:.

8. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yeah, yep Wyliefan. :D You ought to try attacking saying it five times in a row really, really fast! :lol:

BTW, I'm not attacking you with that suggestion. ;)

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Didn't Bravo use to offer "nosebleed" entertainment at one time? What is the shite that they are offering now? This is Andy Cohen's doing, isn't it?

10. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Same thing happened to A&E. Went from Nero Wolfe Mysteries, one of the most brilliant shows ever, to Storage Wars. :rolleyes:

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  11. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

;)

12. aftershocks

As reasonable an observation as any, and since “drag” is definitely and factually part of the thread title surely you must be on to something or other. ;)

Dare I make another unreasonable suggestion? Since Johnny seems to be such an entertaining if polarizing character who often figures in somewhat reasonable, ridiculously unreasonable, and/ or mindless FSU chatter, shouldn’t he have his very own smilie symbol? :p

... Uh oh! :yikes:

13. meggonzo

So does the wink mean that he just claimed that after all the negative reactions?

14. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

So heartbreaking. I used to watch more cable than network TV because I thought it was the last bastion of civilized entertainment.

15. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

When Johnny accompanies Victor to company affairs or Victor has to entertain a client, do you think Johnny tones his outfits down a little?

16. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I guessing a nice flower print dress and maybe some pearls? ;).

17. Sylvia

Sylvia On to GP & U.S. Sectionals!

2013 Ice Dreams show dates are:
    April 20th – Olympia Ice Center West Springfield, MA
    May 11th – Jamestown Savings Bank Arena Jamestown, NY
    http://icedreamstour.com/

18. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

When Victor or Johnny post photos on twitter, it's usually of them home, at a diner with Victor's cousins or at one of Johnny's fashion or human rights events. I've seen Johnny in everything ranging from sweatshirts and jeans to a suit and tie.

Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  19. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Is there a sex video in the works ?:lol::eek::rofl:

20. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

That's priceless Rex!!!!!

21. aftershocks

Well whether there ever is one or not, perhaps in the meantime you can get your jones on with this oldie but goodie, Iceman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thz73nOpys8

And maybe from 1:43 – 1:50 in the above clip is what Johnny might wear in answer to your earlier question, or perhaps he’d don something like this:

https://twitter.com/Vweirvoronov/status/285919772095414273/photo/1

Or, maybe he’d be in the mood for his “thug look”:

http://instagram.com/p/WA_WyDhhWR/ :rofl: Love is a knuckle-sandwich

You always want what you can’t have... -- Teddy Geiger (For You I Will)

22. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I think it is Andy Cohen's producing. He has a twitter @bravoandy if you want to express your thoughts.
    I do not ever watch the Kathy show, just happened by it. Carmen Electra kept putting her finger and then her hand up to her mouth a lot, like a young teen would do. Johnny was asked to do some sort of high knee strut and they had Carmen trying to lean over him on the floor. I think Kathy thought the viewers would find it edgy but I changed the channel.

23. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

What does Victor do for business? My understanding was he is an attorney but that he doesn't practice law (?).

24. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

That's interesting because I've had the opposite experience.
    I used to be a Johnny fan and when I would post in communities where his fans made up the bulk of the users, I felt they were a hive of bullies who snapped at anyone who disagreed. Once I started to criticize Johnny (mind you, while NEVER making personal attacks towards him or anyone else), a group of his ubers FREAKED OUT and started calling me every name in the book. It was shocking. I'm not some scared little child who is so horrified by cursing but believe me when I say I was shocked at how personally they were taking it and some of the "vulgar" things they were saying LOL. They basically wanted me run over by a truck.

I do notice there doesn't seem to be as many of those fans here and that's because on a general skating forum people have to deal with logic and can't rest in the safety of numbers and knowing any cries of dissent will be drowned out by the hordes

By the way: I'm loling at people who are taking celebritynetworth seriously. That's like taking examiner.com seriously. Even Forbes doesn't always get their estimations right. If Johnny is a millionaire, he's probably worth 1 million

Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  25. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

26. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

27. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Read the comments below the 1st article.

28. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Like the commentor in the second article, I could not find Voronov listed as a licensed lawyer in Georgia, New Jersey or New York.

Comment in second article

"When you contact the State of New Jersey and the State of New York, they report the same as the State of Georgia; they never heard of Victor Voronov. So again, if he is currently practicing law in New York, as he claims to on his Linkedin page, or in New Jersey, know that he is doing this without a license from each State, New Jersey and New York, as required by law. I'm surprised he hasn't already stood before a Circuit-Civil Judge for trial and sentencing, as yet. He should. He really should. I hope your class action lawsuit is successful. Good luck."

If you want to give it a try

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/name_search.jsp

TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  29. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

If these allegations are true, I sincerely hope Johnny has someone else managing his savings and/or investments.

30. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

This sounds so shady.