Johnny Weir's next role: Hidden dragon (USA Today article)

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Sylvia, Feb 7, 2013.

1. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

;)
  2. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

As reasonable an observation as any, and since “drag” is definitely and factually part of the thread title surely you must be on to something or other. ;)

Dare I make another unreasonable suggestion? Since Johnny seems to be such an entertaining if polarizing character who often figures in somewhat reasonable, ridiculously unreasonable, and/ or mindless FSU chatter, shouldn’t he have his very own smilie symbol? :p

... Uh oh! :yikes:
  3. meggonzo

meggonzo Well-Known Member

So does the wink mean that he just claimed that after all the negative reactions?
  4. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

So heartbreaking. I used to watch more cable than network TV because I thought it was the last bastion of civilized entertainment.
  5. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

When Johnny accompanies Victor to company affairs or Victor has to entertain a client, do you think Johnny tones his outfits down a little?
  6. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

I guessing a nice flower print dress and maybe some pearls? ;).
  7. Sylvia

Sylvia Whee, summer club comps!

2013 Ice Dreams show dates are:
    April 20th – Olympia Ice Center West Springfield, MA
    May 11th – Jamestown Savings Bank Arena Jamestown, NY
    http://icedreamstour.com/
  8. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

When Victor or Johnny post photos on twitter, it's usually of them home, at a diner with Victor's cousins or at one of Johnny's fashion or human rights events. I've seen Johnny in everything ranging from sweatshirts and jeans to a suit and tie.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2013
  9. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Is there a sex video in the works ?:lol::eek::rofl:
  10. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

That's priceless Rex!!!!!
  11. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Well whether there ever is one or not, perhaps in the meantime you can get your jones on with this oldie but goodie, Iceman:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Thz73nOpys8

And maybe from 1:43 – 1:50 in the above clip is what Johnny might wear in answer to your earlier question, or perhaps he’d don something like this:

https://twitter.com/Vweirvoronov/status/285919772095414273/photo/1

Or, maybe he’d be in the mood for his “thug look”:

http://instagram.com/p/WA_WyDhhWR/ :rofl: Love is a knuckle-sandwich

You always want what you can’t have... -- Teddy Geiger (For You I Will)
  12. smileyskate

smileyskate New Member

I think it is Andy Cohen's producing. He has a twitter @bravoandy if you want to express your thoughts.
    I do not ever watch the Kathy show, just happened by it. Carmen Electra kept putting her finger and then her hand up to her mouth a lot, like a young teen would do. Johnny was asked to do some sort of high knee strut and they had Carmen trying to lean over him on the floor. I think Kathy thought the viewers would find it edgy but I changed the channel.
  13. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

What does Victor do for business? My understanding was he is an attorney but that he doesn't practice law (?).
  14. iarispiralllyof

iarispiralllyof Active Member

That's interesting because I've had the opposite experience.
    I used to be a Johnny fan and when I would post in communities where his fans made up the bulk of the users, I felt they were a hive of bullies who snapped at anyone who disagreed. Once I started to criticize Johnny (mind you, while NEVER making personal attacks towards him or anyone else), a group of his ubers FREAKED OUT and started calling me every name in the book. It was shocking. I'm not some scared little child who is so horrified by cursing but believe me when I say I was shocked at how personally they were taking it and some of the "vulgar" things they were saying LOL. They basically wanted me run over by a truck.

I do notice there doesn't seem to be as many of those fans here and that's because on a general skating forum people have to deal with logic and can't rest in the safety of numbers and knowing any cries of dissent will be drowned out by the hordes

By the way: I'm loling at people who are taking celebritynetworth seriously. That's like taking examiner.com seriously. Even Forbes doesn't always get their estimations right. If Johnny is a millionaire, he's probably worth 1 million
    Last edited: Mar 10, 2013
  15. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

16. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

17. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Read the comments below the 1st article.
  18. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

Like the commentor in the second article, I could not find Voronov listed as a licensed lawyer in Georgia, New Jersey or New York.

Comment in second article

"When you contact the State of New Jersey and the State of New York, they report the same as the State of Georgia; they never heard of Victor Voronov. So again, if he is currently practicing law in New York, as he claims to on his Linkedin page, or in New Jersey, know that he is doing this without a license from each State, New Jersey and New York, as required by law. I'm surprised he hasn't already stood before a Circuit-Civil Judge for trial and sentencing, as yet. He should. He really should. I hope your class action lawsuit is successful. Good luck."

If you want to give it a try

http://lawyers.findlaw.com/lawyer/lawyer_dir/search/jsp/name_search.jsp
    TheIronLady and (deleted member) like this.
  19. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

If these allegations are true, I sincerely hope Johnny has someone else managing his savings and/or investments.
  20. TheIronLady

TheIronLady New Member

This sounds so shady.
  21. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Not sure what the current situation is but my gut feeling is that a lot of Johnny's earnings may had gone to pay Victor's legal fees. But I also have to wonder if these stories are true, why wasn't Victor brought up on charges long before he met Johnny and isn't it strange that these stories didn't hit the internet until after the wedding?
    Last edited: Mar 11, 2013
  22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I know he passed the bar exam in New York and New Jersey. Tend to think the job in New York may had been a paralegal job which does not require a law license.
  23. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I don't think that's a good search. I couldn't find my friend there, and I know she's licensed to practice. (She shows up as active on the state bar search, which is the standard for lawyers.) She isn't, however, associated with a specific law firm. I did find my cousin with that site, and she is associated with a firm.

However, I searched the New York and New Jersey State Bar webpages, and couldn't find a record for any Voronovs. :shuffle:

Oh Johnny just can't avoid that drama! :lol:

Or in all likelihood, they're just playing up his accomplishments and the kid hasn't even passed the bar yet. :p
  24. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

He definitely passed the New Jersey bar exam, his name was on the list published in November.
  25. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

I believe that a lot of these accusations were being thrown around by Johnny's psycho stalker.
  26. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Who is this person allegedly stalking Johnny?
  27. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

I have an imperfect grasp of the situation but I understand that it's a woman who is somewhat psychotic, stalks him online and in real life, scarily obsessed and even believes Johnny is in love with her.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  28. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

That's why I directed people to read the comments. It's all there...
  29. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

It's rather odd that several websites would publish this level of detail when the complaint comes from someone hiding behind a user name and there are no official sources to back up the claims. If this is indeed a hoax by a stalker - and it does sound like it is - it's too bad all this slanderous info is now out there for anyone to see a year later. I wonder if Viktor has taken any action to have it removed, or if that's even possible?

I must say though that I am now curious as to what form of law he actually practices, if he practices at all.
    Sparks and (deleted member) like this.
  30. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I know who i have my money on :rofl:
  31. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Out of curiosity I checked out one of the stalker's twitter accounts listed in the comments and found a detailed explaination of how Johnny would die - the twitter is now disabled, scary stuff
  32. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Hard to get a job once this type of accusation is lodged against you.
  33. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I don't know anything about the truth of the accusations referenced.

Any educated attorney will know how to proceed (in concert with a licensed attorney) to defend himself against false published charges affect employment and/or admission to a state bar association.
  34. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

You can defend all you want but when any prospective employer or client can google you and see these allegations, real or not it makes someone think twice before hiring.
  35. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

If they're real, someone should think twice, or more.

If they're not, they are libel (and serious); getting this stuff taken down would be, I hope, part of the legal remedy. There are legal options and I hope they are taken as appropriate.

I have no idea what you're talking about - I'm not "defending" anything. I think that if it's libel then appropriate action should be taken. Libel is an ugly thing and too darn easy in this internet age.
  36. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

Hopefully Johnny and Viktor are in the process of taking action against the stalker, including getting this stuff off line. They may have been advised not to take the battle public - in fact there were some nasty tweets on Johnny's handle awhile back directed to this same person, but they were quickly deleted - but one would think that something that could directly affect one's career would be an exception. Then, Viktor does have means to respond - for example instead of leaving it to fans or anonymous usernames to respond in the comments section, he might have posted a statement under his own name refuting the allegations. He could also put out a general statement with his side of the story - there are any number of media outlets and blogs that would have published it to support Johnny if no other reason.

Mind you, if they are getting advice from Tara ... the way she handled it when she was called out over her 9/11 charity wasn't at all professional and didn't resolve the situation. She's lucky news media just got bored with it and moved on.

Also, if this stalker has put out anything that suggests the death of someone, is that not taken as a criminal threat? Surely something could be done, or am I being naive?
  37. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

I believe that Johnny's camp has tried to take appropriate actions.
  38. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

:eek: Holy cr*p, that is some seriously disturbing stuff going on there.
  39. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

delete
  40. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

I meant Victor could defend himself any way he can but once something is on the internet, it's always going to pop back up and be taken seriously by someone not knowing the whole story. I do remember Victor tweeting that legal action was being taken but the legal system moves slowly as we all know. I do believe the DWI part is true but again, if Victor committed stock fraud, it's hard to believe he would had gone unpunished all these years.