Johnny Weir on TLC

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by maureenfarone, Jul 4, 2012.

1. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

A friend who watches the program "Say Yes to the Dress" on The Learning Channel on Friday night told me last week that Johnny Weiss :rollin: was going to be on this week 7/6. I asked her if she meant Michael Weiss or Johnny Weir :lol: and she said it was the really flamboyant one....so it must be Johnny!

In case you haven't watched this program, it shows women at an upscale bridal salon trying on wedding dresses! My local newspaper tv guide describes the 9:00 p.m. episode as "Tara shopping Johnny Weir".

Got to set the dvr for this!!

2. Triple Butz

Triple Butz Well-Known Member

I wouldn't be so sure...http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9xPYrRWxR60#t=1m47s

3. Moto Guzzi

Moto Guzzi Well-Known Member

I saw a preview of this. Johnny is there with his agent Tara who is shopping for a wedding gown but he tries one on, too.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  4. Sylvia

Sylvia On to Nationals!

5. slicekw

slicekw #FixingTheInternet

This is going to be fun, i hope!

6. star_gazer11

star_gazer11 practising choreo

Thanks for the heads-up. I thought the second choice was way more flattering on Tara than the first. Do they always only show three possibilities?

7. kittyjake5

kittyjake5 Well-Known Member

Missed the first airing of the show but caught it on the rerun. Johnny was looking fabulous he is in great shape and very fit looking. I did not care for either of the dresses that Tara picked, I thought both of them had to much fabric and did not flatter her at all. Johnny's dress was nice but I did not like the veil. I never watch this show but tuned it to see Johnny, probably won't watch it again.

8. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

I enjoyed seeing Johnny; Tara, not so much.

9. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

For those interested, Tara wound up wearing a dress handmade by Stephanie Handler.

10. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

double post, deleted

11. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

12. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

The wedding was in May, photos were posted on Johnny's Facebook page

13. agalisgv

agalisgv Well-Known Member

14. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM Member

The episode was filmed last year, in May, I bet Johnny would say he looked fat. :D I agree he looked great, and was very funny and cute too. I wouldn't watch that show again, but it wasn't as awful as I'd imagined. :)

15. maureenfarone

maureenfarone Well-Known Member

I watch the show from time to time. About half the year it shows the New York salon and then switches to a salon in Atlanta.

Someone wondered upthread about how many gowns they show for each bride and it can be quite a few...it is not limited to 2 or 3. I didn't care for the first dress Tara tried on, but thought the second one was nice. I actually thought Johnny was correct in that the second dress made Tara look slimmer. He looked ok in the dress he had on, I thought it was very nice.

After looking at the dress Tara actually wore, I think she should have gone with the one that Johnny liked on the show. But, to each their own - many brides start shopping with a definite look in mind.

16. skatesindreams

skatesindreams Well-Known Member

The dress she chose had the "cake topper" look.