Johnny Weir news, quotes and articles - v.3

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Lexxandra, Mar 11, 2011.

1. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Asking a skater how they think their performances/programs compare to other skaters' performances/programs, or asking a skater to comment on fans' reaction to the skater's own programs/performances or those of other skaters, are pretty much standard questions in press conferences or interviews. I don't see why Johnny, or any skater for that matter, would be surprised by or unprepared for those type of questions.

2. REO

REO New Member

I'm sure you're right. They could have asked him to compare to a different skater's program rather than Ryan's though. I just doubt he practiced his answers in front of his mirror before the competition. Not that he's not lovin' his mirror time. lol I'm sure they are schooled in what to say when asked those questions. Johnny just doesn't like to follow the script. It merely seemed an off the cuff quip to me. Antmab could be right though. One never knows, do they?

3. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

Very nice! Triple axel looking gorgeous.

I love watching skaters practising and building up to do an element - the 3s/3lp video was great for that too.

:rofl: I vaguely remember the boa comment but didn't know the Phil Hersh one!

4. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Click to the 2nd picture to see Johny

5. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

And here was Johnny's reaction from twitter:

JohnnyGWeir Johnny Weir
    Don't really mind being on @usweekly worst dressed list, we can't all be Nicole Kidman. In good company with a Kardashian and @kirstiealley.
    8 Jul

6. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Johnny Weir has made an early appearance in the "Continue the Story 2011" thread here in the Trash Can. Check it out and add to the tale!

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  7. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl New Member

Johnny is on his way to China (after skating in Japan last week and returning to the US!?) for Artistry on Ice. Jet lag, anyone?

I think Jeffrey Buttle, Patrick Chan, and Joannie Rochette will be in this show as well. No Stephane Lambiel, though. :-(

Last year there were tons and tons of photos and videos from Johnny's China trip. Hoping the Chinese fans will be just as generous this year.

8. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl New Member

Johnny will be skating at Sun Valley on Saturday, July 30.

Cheylana and (deleted member) like this.
  9. sk9tingfan

sk9tingfan Well-Known Member

Johnny is still a master of creating scenarios from which he will undoubtedly get some additional recognition. He has been tweeting about attending his cousin's wedding in Lancaster, PA with Meg Carolozzi. It is evident that they have gotten the local police to create a fake arrest with very funny tweets and pictures. I had to look more than once at the second picture to figure out what was going on.:lol:

ยป JohnnyGWeir

Caught red handed in Oxford, PA with @megcarlozzi. Guilty as charged, the charges are glamour. http://yfrog.com/kkdtmcoj

JohnnyGWeir

When you're being arrested, always remember to wear your @LouboutinWorld!
    http://yfrog.com/kfe0nwbj

10. sk9tingfan

Per his most recent tweet:

JohnnyGWeir

Got pulled over for speeding on my way to pilates. Officer wrote me the ticket, told me how to pay, then asked for an autograph for his wife

:rofl:

11. sk9tingfan

He's in the Carolinas for a show this weekend and "missing TModlin". Apparently she is with Daniel Lleyva and representing him......

12. Cheylana

Cheylana Well-Known Member

Run Danell, run! :scream:

13. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

14. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I can't get twitter to work my PC but last night (uk time) Johnny tweeted these two tweets:

Anyone know what happened?

15. REO

REO New Member

!!!! This is not the first time he's been stalked. It's kinda scary because this is a high profile weekend for him since he's in the Macy's Thanksgiving Parade and the San Fran tree lighting.

16. sk9tingfan

Johnny tweeted that he will be following the Smurfs on a large rocking horse. :D

He posted his picture. Very Dr. Zhivago! Or is that Lara?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2011
  17. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

18. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Johnny was fabulous!

19. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting.

:lol: at this revelation from Johnny:
    "I'm a bit weird with underwear. If I've gone more than about six hours in the same pair, I need to change them. It just makes me feel cleaner and fresher. I always always have a pair of black or white Dolce & Gabbana briefs ($29.99, bluefly.com) in my bag just in case."

Not a bad idea, Johnny! Using hydrating and moisturizing skin creams while working out at the rink is also a great tip.

Wonder if there are any vids of the Thanksgiving Day parade, which I missed.

Johnny looks so cool on the gorgeously made-up rocking horse -- glitter and ice! The reference someone made here to Johnny's Dr. Zhivago glittery "icicle on coke" costume is so apropos. An on ice foreshadowing of his persona/ glam look for the MAC campaign.

20. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

Really fascinating and interesting article! He does know luxury and fashion.

BUT this,
    this is kinda oddly unsettling:eek:

21. aftershocks

But, l'etoile, what's wrong with being prepared? :p

Reminds me of how people recall their Mom saying be sure to wear clean, neat (unraggedy) underwear, so you won't be embarrassed if you're in an accident and rushed to the hospital. :lol: As if when you are seriously injured, anyone is going to be ogling your underwear. ;)

22. REO

REO New Member

You know what Bill Cosby says: clean underwear in an accident situation is a waste because "first you're going to say it and then you're going to do it". lol

23. aftershocks

24. Prancer

Prancer The "specialness" that is Staff Member

I often feel like my bag is just a big black hole so the brighter the bags I keep inside, the easier it is to spot them."

Good man! I have everything in my purse in colorful cases, including things like my cell phone and mp3 player, for the same reason. Why do so many purse manufacturers put dark linings in bags, anyway? I also hate having stuff floating around loose, especially tissues :scream:.

I don't carry around spare underwear, though :lol:

Fabulous look!

25. Sylvia

Sylvia Bring on the JGP & Sr B comps!

Last edited: Jan 19, 2012
  26. JeffClair1979

JeffClair1979 Active Member

Jana K's new partner, perhaps? :D I would die if this was the announcement.

27. Jenny

Jenny From the Bloc

28. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Bring on the fur and rhinestones!

29. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

JWe!!!! Wheeeeee!

30. REO

REO New Member

I never thought he would!! Yippee!!!