Johnny Weir news, quotes and articles - v.3

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by Lexxandra, Mar 11, 2011.

1. Jayar

Jayar Well-Known Member

It could be Firebird.
  2. falling_dance

falling_dance The Scarlet Unlettered

It could be Disco Firebird. (Okay, not really.)
  3. PinkFeathers

PinkFeathers Active Member

Knowing Johnny, it's a mix of songs with "Phoenix" as a theme.

Just no firebird, please :scream:
  4. Jenna

Jenna Well-Known Member

Firebird sounds about right for "Phoenix." I'm sure it will be thrown in there somewhere.

Johnny's comeback is really exciting me, not going to lie. :cheer:
  5. falling_dance

falling_dance The Scarlet Unlettered

I'm also pretty psyched about it. :fan21:

Of course, I have no idea what music will be used in the program, but Johnny + Scriabin could be interesting.
  6. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

I'm really excited about Johnny's comeback too, it's going to be the highlight of my year :D Very brave of him to comeback after all he said in his book too. He belongs on the ice, it would have been a shame for him to retire. Just hope he comes out with some great music especially for the olympic year.

I'd like to see him skate to a different version of Dr. Zhivago and maybe snowstorm.
    Last edited: May 22, 2012
  7. BittyBug

BittyBug Kiteless

Given past comeback attempts by other skaters, I'm trying not to get too excited, but at the same time, I can't help myself. :D

And when I read that tweet the first thing that came to mind (showing my age) was Sinead O'Connor's Troy. Obviously not suitable for skating, LOL, at least on the eligible level.
  8. PinkFeathers

9. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

Thank you so much, PinkFeathers! I am so thankful for fan vids!

Wow, I loved the conviction shown in "Fighter," and what a nice lutz! Beautiful spin positions, as always.
    His hair is awesome and I love the Louboutin-esque red soles on Johnny's skates! and even though I am not crazy about the costume (I strongly dislike wrestling unitards), I do appreciate the mesh added to the bottom of the shorts. I also liked the sparkly robe.

His performance to Chopin's Nocturne No. 20 was gorgeous. His footwork was light and musical, and his line and carriage were just lovely. I want him to do something in this vein for one of his competitive programs next season.

The "Batman" number was so much fun! I love when Johnny is kneeling on the ice and looks over his shoulder--great charisma!

I am glad he seems to be enjoying himself so much. I hope the rest of the tour goes well:)
  10. PinkFeathers

11. berthesghost

berthesghost Well-Known Member

it depends on what you wish for. Kat witt's comeback is my all time favorite skating of hers. It's not always about the medals.
    I totally choreoed an entire ex routine to that song in my head!
  12. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Thanks so much, Pink Feathers! Love the vids. All long time Johnny fans must be ecstatic that he's finally put together a skating exhibition program to Aguilera's Fighter. Christina was Johnny's favorite singer pre-GaGa days. :) Wonder if Johnny will use Fighter as his next season exhibition? Like many of you, I'm really excited now for Johnny's comeback and for the new season altogether. Lots of fireworks in store. Hope everyone brings their A game.... :cheer:

Today I saw a promo poster for the new Batman movie opening in July (there is a one day marathon of all the Christian Bale Batman movies on July 19 at selected theaters nationwide, for all the Batman fans out there)! I had to laugh re the Batman poster as the word RISE is in big letters behind the shadowy image of Batman. :lol: Yeah, I guess it is a universal theme in any case, whether it be comic book superhero or figure skating past and present. :)

Jealous of all the Asian and Canadian fans (especially Asian) who seem to get all the best skating shows in the world right now!!!

Wanna bet that the "Batman" theme and/ or RISE theme might be used by at least a few skaters this upcoming season? If not literally, then figuratively. Johnny's Phoenix is certainly a figurative example.

Dark Knight Rises .... Yay Johnny!!! Thanks for making your comeback a tribute to your fans, Johnny! I will always looooove YOU!
  13. Bournekraatzfan

Bournekraatzfan New Member

btw, TahbKa translated a lengthy and interesting interview with Johnny in GSD.
    PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  14. luCN

luCN New Member

It's a long interview from a chinese website,and I think people here may have interest on some informations in it.my english isn't good enough,so I won't translate the whole article,just some tips about figure skating.
    here's the link to the entire interview:http://sports.sina.com.cn/o/2012-06-18/18136105777.shtml?bsh_bid=101327229

·he didn't want to compete until he was invited to the American nations,and see the male skater's situation.he think he's still competitive,but he doesn't come back for the medals.
    ·he didn't get well with the American federation,but they support him very much this time.they give him 2 GPs.He think that's because they think he's good to spread figure skating in America
    ·his SP music if from lady gaga,and LP is Phonix.
    ·he and his coach have made SP and LP,just need to add some details in the summer.maybe he'll work with David Wilson on the LP,if they has time.
    ·he will add Quads in both of SP and LP
    ·he have hired Morozov to help him on step sequence
    ·some of the skaters show how difficult figure skating can be,but he growed under the old rules.he want to let everybody think they can skate too.he want to show "smooth" perfomance,not(the opposite)
    ·he won't be a coach or choreographer.he saw his coach got to the rink on 7:30 everyday through the years,wearing coat,shiver with cold.that's not what he wants.he will compete on the Olympics for the 3rd time,and then think what to do next.
    ·now figure skating for him is not a "life-and-death" thing.and his coach also accept that,he has husband,his own thing beside figure skating.so they get on better now.
  15. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM New Member

Thank you, LuCN! :)

Getting Morozov to help sounds like a smart idea. Weir seems to be on the right track. I hope he gets to work with Wilson for the LP details or gets some other good choreographer if Wilson isn't available.
  16. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

Saw a commercial for TLC's Say Yes to the Dress and Johnny is featured shopping wedding dresses with his friend Tara. Yes, he is wearing a wedding gown. It will be shown this Friday, 9 pm.
  17. PinkFeathers

18. Nan

Nan Just me

19. PinkFeathers

Uh, what's not awesome about it? Don't tell me you're hung up by the whole 'guy in a dress thing' as really? Give me a break :rolleyes:
  20. Nan

Nan Just me

Based on what I asked, that's a real leap in logic.

Guys in wedding dresses have been done several times on this show, I just wanted to know what made this time "awesome."
  21. Sparks

Sparks Well-Known Member

Because it's Johnny!
    kittyjake5 and (deleted member) like this.
  22. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Because he looks better than Tara?
  23. skipaway

skipaway Well-Known Member

I thought Johnny would be too OTT, but I've been pleasantly surprised and I can tell how much he likes Tara.
  24. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

:lol: Johnny looked absolutely fabulous in that wedding dress in the promo clip. Did the show air yesterday? I guess so -- too bad I missed. Will have to look for a rebroadcast.
  25. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

Yes, it aired. Johnny was his usual charming, cute self altho I didn't think he did anything for the wedding dress he modeled....or maybe it was the other way around?
  26. milanessa

milanessa engaged to dupa

:rofl:

Yep.

:rofl: Yep.
  27. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM New Member

They edited trying to make it look like there was drama but it was all fun, and Johnny was sweet and supportive.

He looked "stunning and bootylicious" :D
  28. antmanb

antmanb Well-Known Member

I think you can lay the blame squarely on the hideous dress :lol: I agree with the article, it did look a bit like Oksana's costume....didn't Johnny say it was Oksana that inspired him to become a skater....so it all comes full circle:rofl:
  29. PinkFeathers

If anyone missed it, someone uploaded the Johnny parts: http://youtu.be/t_Qajpq8tBs

I apologize for being over-sensitive where Johnny is concerned. For the most part, I can't help it ;)
  30. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

I must admit that I snickered just a bit when I read "Johnny parts" in your post. How Beavis/Butthead of me... :lol:
    Moto Guzzi and (deleted member) like this.
  31. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Last edited: Jul 9, 2012
  32. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

33. PinkFeathers

Johnny tweeted today:

I'm excited!

Also, last week, Johnny's husband tweeted that they have been given an airdate for the second season of BGJW. Presumably this fall as a lead-up to Nationals again?
  34. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I'm confused. Johnny is training full-time in Hackensack. How can he be training and recording his personal experiences in London at the same time?
  35. PinkFeathers

A lot of skaters are training, and also doing other activities like shows. I don't see how this is any different.
  36. l'etoile

l'etoile New Member

JW seems really serious about competing, so I guess he's got things all sorted out re his training.
  37. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

I answered my own question by checking with someone who knows Johnny's schedule. He's doing this from home and watching it with the rest of us. Not to say his writing won't be entertaining but he won't be at the games. That's what I had thought since he is very serious right now about training and taking two weeks out without ice didn't sound like the plan.
    Last edited: Jul 19, 2012
  38. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM New Member

Considering the antecedents, I'm excited to read his blog. I expect his posts to be interesting and entertaining.
  39. brightphoton

brightphoton New Member

Didn't that Tara lady set up a fake skating charity and scam everyone out of a lot of money? well, aside from that

:dog:

You know you're a porker when Johnny Weir looks better in your wedding dress than you do.
  40. crankyintheAM

crankyintheAM New Member

In his IFS magazine interview M. Brezina sounds impressed with Johnny's hard work and says it's inspiring to have him as a training mate.

Johnny can write a blog after dinner, it's not even like he'll have to watch all the disciplines. It's People magazine, not ESPN! :)