Johnny Weir is the Liberace of Sports

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by BYTCH, Jun 8, 2013.

1. BYTCH

BYTCH Celebrating Prancer's Specialness

Giuliana Rancic on Fashion Police just named "super stud" Johnny Weir number 9 on their Best Dressed Athletes list, .

I hope they put it online, it was very entertaining. They said funny things like 'everyone in Figure Skating is so serious, but Johnny has fun.' I'd like to show them Plushy doing his SexBomb program.

The little coven of fashionistas credit him with terrific style, so it's now official, Johnny Weir's getups constitute high fashion.

milanessa and (deleted member) like this.
  2. Holley Calmes

Holley Calmes Well-Known Member

Well, I guess if Giuliana Rancic said it, it must be true. (Excuse me....who is she?) Seriously, I love Johnny, but some of his outfits are more silly than sophisticated, to me anyway. I think of High Fashion as being Art and being able to withstand the test of time.....with future generations loving the beauty of it. I think our dear Johnny is more "fad fashion." But hey-that's fun.

Rex and (deleted member) like this.
  3. Dr.Siouxs

Dr.Siouxs Well-Known Member

:rofl: Really.

4. spikydurian

spikydurian Well-Known Member

5. Badams

Badams Well-Known Member

Well...love it or hate it, he's definitely his own person and always willing to take a chance.

6. aliceanne

aliceanne Well-Known Member

I think a negative effect of Johnny starting in skating so late is that he peaked at an age when most skaters are getting on with their lives, either as pros or in other fields. If he had won all his medals and been done with competition by the age of 24 or 25, he would have been free to express himself and not have to worry about all the rules and bureaucracy.

7. BYTCH

BYTCH Celebrating Prancer's Specialness

I really don't think he worries much about rules and bureaucracy, he impresses me as very much his own man, lipstick, purse and wide brimmed hat.

8. merrywidow

merrywidow Well-Known Member

This Fashion List was for the top 20 most fashionable athletes. Giuliana Rancic is a panel member on Joan Rivers' "Fashion Police Show". It's all meant to be humorous. (Oh! ICYI) David Beckham was #1.)