Johnny Weir in Domestic Dispute

Discussion in 'The Trash Can' started by triple_toe, Mar 5, 2014.

1. triple_toe

triple_toe Well-Known Member

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2573325/Johnny-Weir-appears-court-biting-husband.html

Oy...
  2. Aerobicidal

Aerobicidal Well-Known Member

Well, we always knew he was fierce!
  3. CantALoop

CantALoop Well-Known Member

Biting? Seriously? :rolleyes:
    This could have been avoided. Remember Johnny - granny gums! :saint:
  4. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

Wearing fur all the time, the beast was bound to take him over.

I hope Johnny and Victor can work all this out.
  5. NadineWhite

NadineWhite Well-Known Member

Hopefully they both can learn from their mistake(s) and this will only be a one time thing. Because imho marriages where this is conflict/chaos/fighting do no work out in the end.

Btw, Johnny seems to have been very happy and content ever since he got married. :)
  6. Lacey

Lacey Well-Known Member

7. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

That is alright. No big deal. They will kiss and make up.
  8. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

Sweet Jesus. At first I thought that this was a joke.
  9. fscric

fscric Active Member

:lol: always entertaining stuff from Weir.
  10. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

Is he taking lessons from Mike Tyson now?
  11. Sally1214

Sally1214 New Member

Funny, I just had the same thought: Does Victor still have both his ears?
    COME ON, JOHNNY ..... biting? Seriously? You're better than that .. or, at least, I "thought" you were.
  12. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

Seriously? I can think of more than a few male-female marriages that fit that description...and then some.
  13. Japanfan

Japanfan Well-Known Member

Lorena Bobbit comes to mind! :)
  14. ks777

ks777 Well-Known Member

lol, didn't she cut off her husband's penis?
  15. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

I know a few man-woman relationships where it's the woman who wears the pants. :p Come on Johnny, I thought you had more imagination than that!
  16. skatefan600

skatefan600 New Member

Did anyone save a copy of the police report? Victor Voronov tweeted it out himself amazingly enough, then deleted it. The tweet was preserved here but not the attached document:
    http://favstar.fm/users/Vweirvoronov/status/433091977492836352

All I can remember about the police report/restraining order was that it described Johnny as bald.
  17. FiveRinger

FiveRinger Well-Known Member

He's asking for advice....should he be like Rhianna and forgive? Does that make Johnny like Chris Brown? Pure insanity!!
  18. ronniev

ronniev New Member

he gives new meaning to the phrase "i'ma cut you"
  19. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Wait...he's a lawyer, he should know you don't solicit legal advice like this. :confused:

But I suppose that's why he deleted the tweet? Still, as a lawyer, he shouldn't have tweeted it in the first place. Jeez. I can already picture my lawyer friends going :wall: Victor's not much of a lawyer, I guess...
  20. Eladola

Eladola Active Member

Wow, Some weird news been comin' out on the heels of Olympics
  21. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

:2faced: Wonder where he bit him?
  22. spikydurian

spikydurian New Member

skateboy and (deleted member) like this.
  23. misskarne

misskarne Spirit. Focus. Ability. Tenacity. Aussie Grit.

Frankly, I'm finding this thread extremely disturbing.

So, domestic violence is a light-hearted issue now, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's not a serious issue, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it? It's something to be flippant and make jokes about, just because it's Johnny Weir, is it?
  24. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby New Member

I think that if Johnny had a wife who would have been the victim people would take this more seriously? :slinkaway
    On the other hand, they both love fame and being in the public eye, so I can't help but wonder if this was just a publicity stunt.
  25. kosjenka

kosjenka Well-Known Member

26. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

This. You should be ashamed of yourselves.
  27. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

You are so right. There is nothing funny in domestic violence.
    Nothing.
  28. Allegra

Allegra New Member

Agree
  29. clairecloutier

clairecloutier Active Member

All I can say is, this doesn't sound good. :-(
  30. Gyrfalcon

Gyrfalcon New Member

Having lived it I agree sincerely with that statement.
  31. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl New Member

I agree. I've been surprised that people are reacting so flippantly to this. Is it because they're a gay couple? Do people not take them as seriously? I don't know. But domestic violence is domestic violence.
    That said, I'm wondering if this is the whole story. The fact that Victor tweeted this out was...weird. He has also tweeted--and deleted--a request for advice on what to do, which seemed really odd to do ask of his Twitter followers rather than his friends and family. Odd for a lawyer, too. It seemed rather manipulative. That, and the fact that he asked for the case to be dismissed doesn't exonerate Johnny, but it cast doubts on Victor's stability and credibility. On the other hand, if he is a victim, he doesn't deserve blame. Overall my feeling is, they have issues and they need to work them out (or end it). I hope they move forward in a healthy way, but it really is a private matter.
  32. berthesghost

berthesghost New Member

this.

But I have to say, absolutely nothing about what happened indicates either is happening. This is not the way a healthy relationship happens nor do they seem to grasp the concept of privacy.
  33. Skittl1321

Skittl1321 Well-Known Member

Really disappointing that Johnny would do this sort of thing. Especially since his stock seems to be rising, being an abuser is bad news.

Then again, I don't understand how an adult bites another adult, unless they are already in a situation where they are fighting, which tells me that Victor probably wasn't innocent in this. Or maybe my imagination isn't working well; but hitting someone can be unprovoked- how do you go and bite someone who isn't holding you in close proximity? It's very bizarre.

So who here is pressing charges? Because that is weird behavior in a courtroom is Voronov is.
  34. berthesghost

berthesghost New Member

people just can't use public servants like its a babysitter or something. He chose to press charges. He made it public and official. Then he had to appear in court and officially ask for them to be dropped.

They seem almost proud of their who's afraid of Virginia Wolfe type marriage. Not a good sign IMHO. They seem to be saying it was a physical altercation. The bite is just a tangible thing he could point to when pressing charges. I hope they get therapy because so far it's all attention seeking, excuses and bogus sexist patter.
  35. Ziggy

Ziggy Well-Known Member

Just when I thought my opinion of him couldn't get any lower, he comes up with sexist bullshit like this.
  36. toddlj

toddlj Well-Known Member

One can't trust every word one reads in trash like the Daily Mail.

ETA: Has no one noticed this article can't be found in any legitimate publication? The Daily Mail is basically the National Enquirer. I'll believe this when I see it somewhere reputable.
    Last edited: Mar 5, 2014
  37. Justathoughtabl

Justathoughtabl New Member

I don't see any pride in dysfunction coming from Johnny. Yes, he was very public about their marriage and being in love. And to me, the love seemed very real. But he wasn't the one who made this incident public. He hasn't said a word about it except to say that it's a private matter. In that interview, he was asked about his marriage. He said something like, "It can be bliss, but there are also fireworks." He didn't get specific about anything. In fact, his answer was very similar to what a lot of people say when asked about marriage--it's not perfect, it takes work. Maybe he answered it in a weird, sexist way, but he wasn't trying t make a story out of their issues. He was simply answering the question. It was Victor who made the whole thing public. He tweeted that he could "finally breathe again" after going to Atlanta. He tweeted a bunch of photos of them and said something like, "Johnny, it's just you and me kid. For better or for worse." [I'm paraphrasing] A lot of stuff to suggest that there were problems, and to get people talking about it. Johnny didn't do anything except stop gushing about Victor and (significantly) stop wearing his wedding ring for a while. That is not a person who is seeking attention for this.
    I don't know who is guilty here, but I agree with the person who said it's quite possible that it's not just a case of Victor being the poor innocent victim and Johnny stalking him like Sleeping With the Enemy. It could have even been self-defense. All we know is that Victor is the one who called the police.
  38. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

Thank you. Just because they made up, that doesn't mean domestic violence is something to laugh off. I'd have hoped that more people would be aware of that.
  39. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

I don't think domestic violence is funny, but I do think this sounds like a total b*tchfight that reinforces just about every bad stereotype :shuffle:. Is this really a matter for the police and courts? Sounds more like two self-indulgent drama queens to me. :drama:
  40. escaflowne9282

escaflowne9282 Well-Known Member

^^^
    THIS!
    Rex and (deleted member) like this.