Johnny on Lopez Tonight 01/20/11 (TBS)

Discussion in 'TV ALERTS' started by LuckyCharm, Jan 21, 2011.

1. LuckyCharm

LuckyCharm Well-Known Member

Didn't see a thread on this. Show's starting now.

2. mmscfdcsu

mmscfdcsu Skating Pairs with Drew

:blah:

3. LuckyCharm

:confused:I thought it was a pretty fun interview.

4. attyfan

attyfan Well-Known Member

What did Johnny say?

5. LuckyCharm

It was incredibly random, and not much mention of skating/Olympics. This is Johnny's 3rd time on the show so I guess they've covered all that.

When Johnny first came out he and George did really bad "Swan Lake" arms before sitting down.

George complimented Johnny's shoes but ragged on him for not shaving his ankles. Johnny says something about having to keep it a little bit manly.

The recounted Johnny's last appearance on the show when he rode the yak. I didn't see it, but apparently George waved a big American flag in front of it which caused it to nearly charge at him. Johnny explained that the yak is basically a cow, at which George made a snarky reference the the Real Housewives (obviously meaning Bethenny.)

Talked about the book tour and pulling up to a truck stop in the bus. Apparently there was much pointing and laughing. He tells it in an amusing way though, not in a complaining or poor me way. He also proudly announced that he was wearing sweatpants at the time.

Talks about coming out in the book and he and George joke about how
    "shocking" it was.

He asked Johnny when he knew he was gay and Johnny tells the story about seeing Pretty Woman when he was 6 and liking Richard Gere. He wanted to be Julia Roberts (aside from the prostitution part.) George is like "you wanted to ride in the limo (in your car seat") and Johnny said something like he really just wanted the necklace.

George asked what kind of guy Johnny likes. Johnny said he's rather feminine so he prefers a more masculine man with a little scruff, who has a way with words and can dance. George was making eyes at Johnny as he was saying all that, but in the end said Johnny's ideal man was Mario Lopez. Johnny said something like "Mario Lopez, Justin Timberlake (ew), the classics."

Johnny told about going to a Gaga concert and sitting with her mother.

George asked Johnny if he owned any regular suits (no.) They decided that they would trade outfits. They came out at the end with Johnny in George's actual suit (several sizes too big) and George in a replica of Johnny's swan costume.

George obviously likes Johnny a lot, and Johnny is still adorable when he's not being a whiny brat.

Cupid and (deleted member) like this.
  6. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

7. Carmen Ovsiannikov

Carmen Ovsiannikov Well-Known Member

DickButtonFan, thanks for the link. I missed the show and :rofl: to Johnny saying he wants a masculine man then naming Justin Timberlake.

8. LuckyCharm

I had the same thought. WTF? I guess Justin fits the good dancer criterion at least.

9. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Compared to Johnny, Justin is John Wayne :p.