Johnny Depp to star in "Dark Shadows" Vampire movie...

Discussion in 'Off The Beaten Track' started by Satellitegirl, Oct 13, 2010.

1. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

2. PeterG

PeterG Hanyuflated

Love both of them. How wonderful there will be a figure skating version of Dark Shadows!!! ;)

3. Finnice

Finnice Well-Known Member

Johnny Depp as a figure skating vampire would be
    :inavoid::nopryde::cheer::40beers::rockstar::swoon: and :glamor:

4. igniculus

igniculus Well-Known Member

Tim Burton + Johnny Depp = a match made in heaven (or, judging by the grungy nature of most of their films, rather in hell :EVILLE: :lol: ) :swoon:

5. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

Is there some connection to skating that I'm missing here? (Other than the possibility that Danny Elfman might be hired to do the music, which would probably give skaters some pretty cool music to skate by down the line....)

6. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I believe the connection to skating is that it's been posted in the Great Skate Debate thread. :shuffle:

7. IceIceBaby

IceIceBaby Member

LOL, I read Johnny Weir to star in Dark Shadows Vampire movie.....

8. Visaliakid

Visaliakid Well-Known Member

Which is NO CONNECTION at all. Just a waste of forum space! :rolleyes:

9. BlueRidge

BlueRidge AYS's snark-sponge

Ever heard of someone making a mistake? Geeez you are an as.....

10. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Can't wait for this, I have seen EVERY SINGLE episode of the 1970s series :D

11. missing

missing Well-Known Member

I'm waiting for a triple bloodtz/double suck-ow/single flop combination!

12. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

Yeah apologies for the mistake. Hope the mods can move it lol. Those that have a problem with it wasting forum space can *edited after further pondering* ;) . thanks :D

I didn't even realize after reading PeterG's comment, that I'd posted it in the wrong area...thought I was in the off the beaten track section. *sigh*

and lol IceIceBaby. That would be interesting too.

PeterG and (deleted member) like this.
  13. barbk

barbk Well-Known Member

No worries -- I just thought I'd missed the skater connection. Johnny appearing in the film doesn't sound like an impossibility. Maybe we've given the director an idea. :)

14. alhrayth

alhrayth Well-Known Member

LOL, glad to read I'm not the only one... I think I plainly didn't bother ready the full name in the title, my mind mad ethe connection by itself... Johnny > Weir, of course! Then I was a bit confused :confused:, LOL

15. VALuvsMKwan

VALuvsMKwan Wandering Goy

Maybe Collinwood will have a skating rink behind the mansion, instead of a pool house. The show is set in Maine, after all.

Perhaps Nicole Bobek can play Angelique.

16. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

Sasha would be perfect to play Maggie, peggy can play mrs staughtard and Johnny Weir would make the perfect vampire :D

17. senorita

senorita New Member

I thought Jophnny Depp will play in a skating movie and Burton will direct it. I wuzrobbed:wuzrobbed

18. modern_muslimah

modern_muslimah Thinking of witty user title and coming up blank

My husband loves it! He has a bunch of episode on VHS. I've never seen any episode but I wouldn't mind seeing the movie.

19. MikiAndoFan#1

MikiAndoFan#1 Well-Known Member

:rofl:

20. snoopysnake

snoopysnake Well-Known Member

I nominate either Stephane Lambiel or Peter Tchernyshev to play Quentin Collins!

And Uncle Dickie should play Roger Collins (or whatever other roles Louis Edmonds did.)

Toller Cranston as Barnabas, please!

21. topaz

topaz Well-Known Member

This was announced last year I thought. Anyway Burton and Depp are a great combo.

Did anyone watch the Dark Shadows TV series that appeared in the 90s? It starred Ben Cross as Barnabus Collins. It was GREAT!!!!!!

The show only ran one season on NBC though :(

Last edited: Oct 14, 2010
  22. DickButtonFan

DickButtonFan New Member

You should watch it, lots of clips on YouTube and DVDs on netflicks:D

23. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

I saw it and enjoyed it. too bad it did not succeed, but look forward to the movie. Burton and Depp - great potential.

I also watched the daytime one as kid and was scared. My mom did not allow us to watch it, but I would watch it at a friends house after school.
    Then saw reruns as an adult and it cracked me up. I remember Maggie in the hospital, very weak, with bite marks on her neck and noone knew what was wrong with her.

24. Satellitegirl

Satellitegirl New Member

lol, I'm almost glad I made the mistake, as this thread is cracking me up :lol:

25. rfisher

rfisher Satisfied skating fan

I was in lust with Jonathan Freid. I too hurried home every day after school to watch. The network knew who their target audience was and scheduled the program in the afternoons.

26. numbers123

numbers123 Well-Known Member

Yes, me too. And it was a long walk back home (I AM NOT GOING THERE, I am not my parents). But I could have been on the track team if Dark Shadows was at the end of the race. ;)

27. danceronice

danceronice Corgi Wrangler

Oh, no.

Sorry, I like my Dark Shadows for what it was, and Burton is not capable of doing a movie that doesn't scream "THIS IS A QUIRKY DARK TIM BURTON FILM SEE HOW WEIRD IT IS." And I will reserve judgement on Depp, who can be very, very good or just WTF weird.

The real question is, who's Helena Bonham Carter playing? He casts her in everything.

28. Latte

Latte Well-Known Member

Count me in as another one who hurried home everyday to watch that show.
    I must have been obsessed with it, as it is one of the most vivid memories of my childhood!

29. Civic

Civic New Member

This could be interesting. I used to rush home from elementary school to watch the second half of Dark Shadows. However, I haven't seen any of the original episodes in over forty years. I don't know if the original series holds up well today. I did enjoy the remake series with Ben Cross and Joanna Going that briefly ran during the early 1990s. Ben Cross is a lot sexier than Jonathan Fried (the original Barnabas), imo.

30. smurfy

smurfy Well-Known Member

When I saw some old episodes as an adult, I was entertained. They had some good actors, lovely 60s outfits sometimes, and it was campy. Funny how as a kid I was scared, but as an adult it works on a different level.