Johnny Closes on 1.1 Million Dollar Condo

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Yazmeen

Yazmeen Well-Known Member

OK, watched a bit of the video. Does he design for men, or where the men just supposed to be eye candy to go along with the designs for women?

2. Bemused101

Bemused101 New Member

Sigh. Hate to see him tarted up so. He is so adorable in his natural state! Well, glad he is having fun AND making money. He's probably having the time of his life, with all the attention, money and projects rolling in. Not too shabby!

3. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

I like the beef jerky loin cloth.

HisWeirness and (deleted member) like this.
  4. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

"Must" have come? For a product like Johnny's book, there is almost no chance at all that even if the phrase was suggested by someone else, it wouldn't have been put there without his or her camp's approval.

5. aftershocks

aftershocks Well-Known Member

Yes, nylynnr, those aspects of what motivates Johnny (and most people) are quite true and have been pointed out before to those who seem overly concerned for and/ or disgusted with Johnny.

Thanks for the links, HisWeirness. Johnny "tarted up" and having fun making a living.

6. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

As opposed to your own analysis of his psyche and motivations, which is obviously far more rigorous and reliable than anyone else's :rolleyes:

7. Anita18

Anita18 Well-Known Member

Yes, but Kate Moss is 5'7". Short for a model but not short for a woman. Johnny is short for a man, full-stop. :lol: He gets hired for modeling gigs not because of his modeling ability, but because he's Johnny Weir. He'll only be able to keep that up if he's famous.

Yes, that's is what seems to be happening. Which is totally fine, but it's easy to confuse different facets of individuality.

8. Frau Muller

Frau Muller President of Dick Button Appreciation Club

I hope that Johnny is happy doing this. That clip of him walking in the show is...WOW!

USFS must invite Johnny to appear on the Red Carpet event preceding the premiere of RISE, next week. We want Johnny! We want Johnny!

9. Rottie

Rottie Well-Known Member

I love this photo. So many contradictions within one look. And Johnny is glowing and projecting. I'm glad he's involved with fashion week in whatever capacity he can be at this time. It clearly agrees with him.

10. Karina1974

Karina1974 Well-Known Member

Something someone told me once comes to mind as I read this - "Intelligence is best perceived when contained. Intelligence is best received when not given."

11. cholla

cholla Fearless Musher

Joe Gordon ?

12. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Yep. The fact that he responds shows that it does matter.

Did you read the excerpts in the book thread? It's like that, only more of it. I read it because it's a skater book, but it's one of those books where I said, "Well, at least I didn't pay full price for it."

I will never understand fashion. Why would anyone wear that? WHERE would anyone wear that? And if no one is going to wear it, what's the point? And please don't tell me that's art.

13. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

I would wear it if I was stranded on a Caribbean Island, although I would be more tan and probably leave the accessories in the treasure chest.

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  14. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I've read the excerpts on amazon, didn't sound too bad. How did you get a deal on it? Although I was about to pay full price to support the book industry as your post in the book thread inspired me. :p
    I guess it's about the show, the drama, the look and not at all intended for wear. Perhaps someone will like the material and design something that can be translated into actual clothes. But yeah, it's weird and I don't see the point of this particular "outfit". But then it's taken outside of the context of the show.

15. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

There are several excerpts in the book thread, I think.

But anyway, I got a Nookbook version that was on sale that week and I used a Christmas gift card.

It's not a bad book and parts of it are quite entertaining, but....Johnny does not come across particularly well :shuffle:. Again, the book thread is pretty much right on.

But Johnny's a skater, and I like to support skaters when I can. I don't have any hangups about helping him buy his condo :lol:. More power to him.

True; could be part of some theme.

But Johnny looks much better in the face of fashion photo.

16. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

It's like edible undies, except it's a loin cloth and it's not made out of fruit roll-ups.

Next you'll tell us that you'd NEVER wear edible undies. :rolleyes:

17. JerseySlore

JerseySlore Active Member

I'd wear that for costume parties. But more pressing issue is, why does Weir look like starved Dita Von Teese?:yikes::shuffle:

18. Rex

Rex Well-Known Member

Prancer and (deleted member) like this.
  19. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

20. Iceman

Iceman Well-Known Member

What happened to Johnny's body? Legs still look athletic, but the rest not so much, even beginning to show a small paunch.

21. Louis

Louis Tinami 2012

There is no way in hell this place is 826 square feet. In NY, it's common practice in condos to count a percentage of the common square footage (e.g., lobby, hallway, roof deck) as part of the unit square footage. If you measure the dimensions, and figure that they are most probably exterior wall to exterior wall, this place is 600 square feet at most.

Keep in mind that the listed taxes are abated and will increase substantially, every two years, for the next ten years until they're market rate. ($1,000 or more per month).

And $1.1 million is a good amount for a one bedroom in NY. Apartments this size can sell for $500k or lower, though they are usually co-ops, which frown on allowing even minor celebrities. What Johnny is paying for are the views, the new-construction finishes, and the luxury building.

22. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I consider myself a fan, but I've never been from the "Poor victim Johnny" mode as you put it. I'm not sure where you got the idea that I am.

Johnny doesn't annoy me with his rants-he amuses me. But to each his own.

23. Sasha'sSpins

24. reese

reese Well-Known Member

BittyBug and (deleted member) like this.
  25. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

I have to look for that thread.
    ITA. It's the least I can do after all these years of pleasure of watching him perform. :cheer2:
    ETA: which thread talks about his book? The general reading one? Thanks.

26. Sasha'sSpins

Although I prefer Alissa to medal I want those 3 spots back for U.S. ladies. A U.S. podium would be awesome whether it'd be Rachael, Alissa, or both.

27. Sasha'sSpins

Law & Order SVU? That ROCKS!!! I'm a HUGE fan of the series-all of them but especially SVU!:cool:

That's interesting about the permits-I was one that always thought they filmmakers had to have one no matter what.

28. LadyNit

LadyNit moving right along Staff Member

29. Spartacus

Spartacus Member

hehe I'm catching up on this week's SVU as I type! :D

I think Johnny's apartment is so stunning! The view from those floor-to-ceiling windows! :eek:

I wonder if Johnny will skate to Lady Gaga's 'Born This Way' in the future? Off topic but, I just bought it and it's driving me insane! Wonder if he loves it as much as I do!!!? lol :cheer2:

:TT1: <-----I just noticed that one. So cute! hehe :swoon:

30. kwanette

kwanette Fetalized since 1998

Always happy when someone is "making a living"..Good for Johnny!