Johnny Closes on 1.1 Million Dollar Condo

Discussion in 'Great Skate Debate' started by Iceman, Feb 7, 2011.

1. Loves_Shizuka

Loves_Shizuka Gettin' my sass out

Most interesting.

2. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

3. viennese

viennese Well-Known Member

A friend in Brooklyn read this and said, "1.1 million in Manhattan? A steal."

4. Southpaw

Southpaw Saint Smugpawski

Well, he's running out on Jersey just in time. S&P downgraded our rating from AA to AA- this morning. We're going kablooey. It's going to be the Garden of Potholes State soon enough.

Death to that useless whore of the swamp, Xanadu!!!!

:mitchell:

alilou and (deleted member) like this.
  5. Sabrine Tornston

Sabrine Tornston Member

My head exploded just reading this. :p

6. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

Just found out that not only will Johnny be walking in Adrienne Landau's runway show but he will be designing a fur line for her.

Frau Muller and (deleted member) like this.
  7. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Fur underwear for men :respec:

8. overedge

overedge Well-Known Member

And PETA can find his new address on line just as easily as FSUers did. This could get ugly.

9. Wyliefan

Wyliefan Well-Known Member

I hope he doesn't show up on their radar again. They can be scary. :scream:

10. orbitz

orbitz Well-Known Member

Well I hope there are also people to defend Johnny against PETA crazies should they show up to where he live. They shouldn't be allowed to intimidate people into not wearing furs.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  11. Octoberopals

Octoberopals Well-Known Member

Congrats to Johnny & his new condo. What he does with his money is really no one's business but his own. I do miss his skating a lot.

12. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Ummm ... I've seen that episode a number of times and I don't recall it exploding. I thought it "heated up" and he got really confused - along with all the other androids - and then they all "died".

13. judiz

judiz Well-Known Member

From Johnny's website - sounds like he's going to have a very busy week.

Johnny Weir will also be taking his first steps as a designer in the fashion world creating a fur line for Adrienne Landau as well as walking in her February 17th show at 3pm. “It’s no secret how much I love fur. I’m a skater. I’m skinny. I get cold! My inspiration for this first design came from the feeling I get when surrounded by the colors and textures in Russia, another one of my passions,” Weir says. “The bleak winter sky and the intense cold against that amazing Russian architecture evoke a silvery, translucent, blue grey feel. I wanted to capture that color and turn it into fur!” The February 17th showroom event will feature Landau’s women’s collection with Weir in his unisex fur as a very grand finale.
    Johnny will continue to take New York Fashion Week by storm walking for Riche Rich (February 10th at 8pm), Asher Levine (February 11th at 7pm) and Indashio (February 16th at 8:30pm) shows.

14. overedge

Most skaters put on fleece or more layers then....

15. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

While fleece and faux fur work well in moderately cold weather, real fur is unmatched in keeping you warm in super cold climates.

16. overedge

Off the ice, yes, but it would be incredibly heavy and uncomfortable to skate in.

17. skatingfan5

skatingfan5 Well-Known Member

I have to admit thoughts of digging out my grandmother's old fur coat from mothballs crossed my mind while waiting for the bus in -20 F weather last night. :lol: The bus was 15 minutes late and I was completely numb by the time it finally came. :cold:

18. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Yeah, imagine the aerodynamics of jumps in a big fur coat.

19. Prancer

Prancer Jawwalking Staff Member

Probably so; I'm not a Trekkie. I like my exploding head version better, though.:D

20. Jim Hodges

Jim Hodges New Member

I am happy that he bought a place he can call his own. The fact that will cost over a million dollars is probably normal for NYC. Best of luck to him with it.

21. kwanfan1818

kwanfan1818 I <3 Kozuka

It's a condo, not a co-op, which usually means no boards to decide whether or not you are preferable as a neighbor and, about which a friend once remarked, "The co-op board now knows more about me than my gynecologist." (which I'm sure wasn't original).

There are usually bylaws about making noise and disturbing the peace, many of which are hard to enforce, but filming outside the building might not be that rare, although it's down since the days "Law and Order" shot everywhere.

I hope he's happy there.

22. Willowway

Willowway Well-Known Member

My son, the NYC AD (Assistant Director) of film and formally TV (and yes, Law & Order SVU), said that technically one does not need a permit to simply shoot footage outside in NYC unless (and it's a big unless) the camera crew is interrupting traffic (vehicle or pedestrian) or holding parking spots overnight for their trucks to park all day (if they have production trucks) - then they need permits. However, if they're just let's say following him walking out the door of his building and shooting him as he walks down the street and not bothering anyone else, they do not need permits from the Mayor's Office for Film & Television to shoot. Inside the building, that's the building's issue to balance the needs of its residents. And yes, if it were a co-op whole different story but it's not.

23. professordeb

professordeb Well-Known Member

Trekkie that I am, I just couldn't let it pass.
    That being said, I like your version better too! :lol: :rofl:

24. harekrishna43

harekrishna43 Active Member

Johnny is also doing a fashion show February 12 at New York's Standard Hotel on their new outdoor rink. According to the article below, he will be choreographing and skating in the show. Members of Ice Theatre of NY will also participate.

http://www.harpersbazaar.com/bazaar-blog/daily-goodie-elise-overland-020811

25. bardtoob

bardtoob Well-Known Member

EDIT :soapbox:

Last edited: Feb 10, 2011
  26. reese

reese Well-Known Member

Absolutely untrue.

---

1.1 million is a pretty good price for any real estate in Manhattan, really, but Madison Square Park isn't exactly the trendiest or most exciting part of Manhattan by any means. It's a nice area, but it's pretty corporate and lacks the cultural energy of many other neighborhoods.

27. IceAlisa

IceAlisa Épaulement!!!

Elaborate please.

28. Jaana

Jaana Well-Known Member

That is really cold, especially if combined with a strong wind... Anyway, I have never needed a fur coat to keep me warm, a quilted jacket will do as well.

29. Sasha'sSpins

Sasha'sSpins Well-Known Member

I see-but I still don't see what it has to do with Johnny's condo. :confused:

Anyway, imo Johnny had great success in his career-he was a National Champ, and he went to the Olympics twice. Most athletes don't get even out of their sectionals, or even past club competition. I too wish he had done more, but if it wasn't in the cards for him so be it.

kwanette and (deleted member) like this.
  30. made_in_canada

made_in_canada INTJ

Have you ever worn fur? It's amazing for keeping a person warm. There's a reason that animals that survive in cold climates tend to be furry ;)